Aliens

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Why do aliens prefer to be more active during the night time, rather than in the day?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

timezones

EDIT: Oh, wait, you meant like in the movies? Rofl well, i guess it's because their colour acts as natural camouflage during the night.

alien-drone, Yautja, 15 years ago

i would agree with both of those statements

shadowatching, Yautja, 15 years ago

Besides the camouflage, they probably move around because they stored up enough energy from whatever source they gathered it from. We sleep during the time we get, either in the night or day time. But, if you noticed the parents push the kids outdoors to play, is because to soak up the energy of the sun. Anyway, They have enough energy stored up for movement and whatever else they need.

Hmmmm, this brings up a question...

Lucifer, Yautja, 15 years ago

well aliens arent stuped thay are black the night is black and at night most things dost see well so thay use it to there advantage

predatoress, Yautja, 15 years ago

I think it can also be the advantage of their senses. When you attack your prey? Of course when your prey is at it's weakest... Can't see, hear or smell you.

I don't think aliens are that smart that they are aware of their coloring and that they fit in the darkness. It could be the other way round that as nocturnal creature their coloring have become darker 'cos of natural selection, etc...

MrXeno, Yautja, 15 years ago

Perhaps each generation of aliens have lived in caves for too long. Perhaps they were first all white, then turned into purple, then became black when hidding in the caves for too long when being harassed of their skinn color.

tawganator, Yautja, 15 years ago

First of all I agree that the Aliens would prefer night hunting due to that most creatures depend on their visual sences and so sleep at night and make easy prey (Aliens not haveing eyes helps). Secondly though Aliens can survive extreme tempretures hunting at night is benefitiul to them because its cooler and their body wont overheat in case of a prolonged battle ensureing they have enough energy. Thirdly their colour being black (acording to the creature desine from Alien) is due to their body being bruised from expossure to the elements. Or it could just be a matureing process from a brown creamy newborn to a deed black adult.

Gaunt, Yautja, 15 years ago

I think it's also because aliens can see in the dark.
But the camoflaug idear is good too.

Peterson, Yautja, 15 years ago

Simple they are to badass to come out during the day lawl, but its for cammo. and a hightend sense of things, think why did they always built hives in dark caves or buildings, cammo, you cant tell the differance between an alien and a part of the catacomb, also hunting at night is more game if you will, Prey has less senses during the night it cant tell whats there and whats not without special equipment.

_Zwecky_, Yautja, 15 years ago

Well, in short, aliens coming out of nowhere from the shadows and dragging someone away screaming is a shitload more scary in a film than coming out in broad daylight.
So in other words to give the alien films more atmosphere and tension.

ummm as to predess i dont think it was natral selection >.> i mean a queen lays eggs and there is one embrio that becomes queen in act of a queen dieing ... not much a natral selection act if you asked me >.> but when a alien was in a dog dident it have like a brownish tint to it ?... i think its just the way thay are and how there skin pigment acts depending on what thay hosted in ... we dont say black people where a act of natral selection for example lol put put more diversityin there grasp then i beleave it could become a natrural selection thing to breed from the strongest living things ... or the easytest to get ahold of but for movies its been one dog and nuthing but people >.>

donut, Yautja, 15 years ago

The most logical answer that I could give would be evolution.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

About the comment about the daylight thing, think about it. No one gets scared in the daylight. So what if you CAN scare them in the daylight? That would just make nightime events even worse.

or maybe there like vampires and the sunlight herts them >,,>

or maybe drys them up sence there normaly in dark damp places yet its warm at same time .. direct sunlight = bad ?

It's funny that you guys constantly bicker around like it's important and life-changing when in fact it's not and it's probably just to get back at each other for childish wrong-doings, or perhaps you all fought about something over MSN and took sides. You're all great members but this has to stop. You're not getting anywhere with these arguments, because if you were, you'd obviously have stopped by now. I remember seeing these one/two month(s) ago and God knows how further back it really started.

I'm not going to force you to make up, I'm just forcing you to stop or take it elsewhere. If these continue I can't do much, but Predator was saying the same thing as me and he obviously can do something.

EDIT: Hmm, this seems to have happened a few hours ago I think, so I'm not sure if Predator already decided on whether or not do something before I came on.

I wasn't directing it specifically to you, I just read the old Signature request topic and I couldn't do much but express my disappointment in a simple sigh and head gesture. If it's already stopped then I guess that's my bad. Someone from that post war would eventually rise again and take the pointless battle to this thread anyway. I haven't seen so much thread-jacking since aLp, and it's actually funny on there.

I'm not entirely sure, but getting back to topic is alright with me.
I don't think it's known for sure how the Aliens can see. You can see in their skull that they have holes that look like eye sockets, however, it can be that these are for the wire-like parts of the head sticking out and connecting to the spine atop of their head as shown on warriors.
Also in Alien 3, sometimes you're in the Alien's perspective, which clearly shows that it sees somewhat like humans. I'm not sure how that would work.
There is a theory most widely accepted by fans that has something to do with another sense, but I've never really payed much attention to that.

nikkie_murray, Yautja, 15 years ago

So, they move on noise or their other member's telling them what to do. Like passing a note from the queen, down towards each member. They see, by some kind of optic nerves, that is yet to be explained?

predatoress, Yautja, 15 years ago

Lucifer - do you know what natura selection is? It's that if xeno is born white the possible prey will most commonly see the alien glowing in the dark like a snowman, and run away/kill it. So therefore that white alien can't become a queen but is extinct.

White people are in fact a genemutation, and by natural selection you have better survival rates in North due the lack of Sun. So I say that the fact white people even exist is 'cos of natural selection in the north. And there's also the founder-effect etc where I wont go now...

Natural selection doesn't breed the strongest living thing (nor I consider aliens as one), it just makes sure the "survival of the fittest" comes in order. And there are no perfect organisms that doesn't go through that law. Your statement is that aliens have always been black, and there's no variation at all in the population? Then it more certainly would die in extinction, no matter what kind of ubercreature it is.

And I know Mr. Xeno will kill me after I've said that lol

So donut had a point about the evolution.

But that's the biological view. The real answer is that the creators wanted to make it a dark creature roaming at night 'cos you would just laugh at pink aliens jumping around in the Sun.

And Nikkie - don't put a label on whole clan, even some of our members can be ruthless and childish, thank you.

As for the alien vision I'm not sure if it's electromagnetic, and they actually have black scleras all over their eyes (or some other kind sense of vision we can't name). Or they could see eg. UV-light like birds to detect their prey. Colorvision would be a waste of resources in the dark.

Hmmh I could list all kind of senses found in animal kingdom which aren't part of our "5 senses" (we have in fact way more than 10 of them from balance to cold and hot spots, pressure, pain etc.). I need to ask this from my beloved pet, he knows a thing and two about aliens.

Hmmh and say "hep!" if you bothered to read all this blabbing so I know I'm not wasting my time in writing novels here lol

You know, I found that interesting and I actually didn't consider the possibility that Aliens are black for the same reason that there are black people on this earth. I just always went with their being insect-like, I've never seen too many weather-equipped insects/arachnids though there must be some - I probably already know of some but am failing to remember or are just ignorant of the fact that the ones I consider "just bugs" have this trait.

. . .

If that made sense, anyway.