donut, Yautja, 15 years ago

Hmm. Is there a particular reason why the Dog/Ox alien was a dark brown shade rather than a black?

Angus_Alien, Yautja, 15 years ago

Because, really, the effects team wanted the Alien to simple look and behave differently than previous versions.

And they come out at night for dramatic and horrific effect, at least within the confines of the films.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

hep!

Hmmm but about the senses, we have no real way of knowing how a creature with the proprieties of a xenomorph could "see". The shape of the head could have something to do with it, the tubes on it's back could have something to do with it, they also have a huge brain and we don't know how they use it, we don't know almost anything about them argh argh argh argh argh!

nikkie_murray, Yautja, 15 years ago

Some how, my question was ate when I went to look back.

Between these two times

-Bloo-
2008-11-18 19:14:19

-Bloo-
2008-11-18 19:43:35

If you can see what was said, please copy and paste it, so I can see it better.

PREDv2 deleted it because you also bitched about our clan again i guess, if you'll be so kind as to repeat the question without bitching, i'm sure it will stay there.

delta-boy, Yautja, 15 years ago

Well back on topic;.
I would say they hunt at night as the cover of darkness would work well with their considerable stealth skills.
And also that their vision colour from what i played in the games us black and white,an obvious enchantment for night work.

Huh, in what game is their vision black and white?

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

In AVP2 the aliens 'night vision' was black and white.

Naaaaah, it was inverted colours. It may look like black and white, but that's because most textures are gray, and if you invert gray, you get...

shadowatching, Yautja, 15 years ago

WHILE I am thinking of it. How come when the "Egg" opens, for the face huggers. Dont' they show the bones of the egg itself? Its shown on the Griger (Sp?) drawings, but you can't see it in the movie. Is it cuz of the layering of the white stuff?

It's probably because movies and drawings are two different things.

Gaunt, Yautja, 15 years ago

Hey guys I think I've figured out the aliens genetics.
If one alien queen produces hundreds of eggs, These would result in clones of the queen, Unless each egg some how develops different genetics per egg/facehugger.
So what do you think of my theory?

I think you'v just found the answer to cloning. I mean it's useless to use technology, just make a guy have many babies and eventually the babies will only be clones of himself.

OH AND THIS ALSO EXPLAINS WHY ALIENS DON'T NEED TO EAT :O

It's because they drink POWERTHIRST!

alien-drone, Yautja, 15 years ago

in the movies we have seen aliens eat

predatoress, Yautja, 15 years ago

Actually in my theory the queen needs another genotype (meaning she has to mate) to produce either queens or drones, or otherwise all aliens would look and develope the same.

Gaunt, Yautja, 15 years ago

True an alien queen would need anouther genotype to create pretorians but not queens.
You see queens don't produce other queens as they need to be dominant in the Hive, So they create drones, pratorians ect to stay dominate in the Hive and when a queen dies drones and pratorians fight to be dominate and then evolve into a queen.
So there are different types of aliens but they all have the same genetics enabling them to evolve and keep the Hive in order and thriving.

Also aliens do need to eat, You see them eat in the movies and if you think about it facehuggers look for host as quickly as they can as they can't eat and are running on the energy they have in them (facehugger gets energy from egg) and when they run out of energy they die, So they need to get a host to feed on and develop into a chestburster.

TDN, Yautja, 15 years ago

When you think about it, the real Alien doesn't come from inside the egg at all. When an Alien facehugges a victim it then lays an egg (not the same egg) trough the victim's throat and into his chest where it lies until the egg evolves into a chestburster (the facehugger from the egg then dies) and bust out. So what I'm thinking is that the Genetics doesn't all come from the Queen but also takes the genetic from it's victims be it a Human, Dog or Predator (which is why you see the different looks from the Xeno in Alien 3 and the Predalien from the AVP2 movie).

Gaunt, there are a few flaws in that theory:

1 - There is no such thing as a Praetorian in any of the movies.
2 - We already know from the movies that a queen is made from a special kind of embryo layed by a facehugger coming from an egg layed by either a drone or a queen, i don't remember, when the hive is about to lose it's current queen.

alien-drone, Yautja, 15 years ago

the second theory is true and we all know that chestbursters inhabit some of the hosts DNA thats why chestbursters from a four legged animal walk on 4 legs

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

I'm loving this Alien DNA discussion, but you don't have to keep useing this topic, make a new topic like "Aliens DNA", discuss your theories and opinions there, I'd like to hear them.