What happened?

Champ, Undefined, 16 years ago

What ever happened to the original 2 Predators? I know they died, but I'm talkin' about the design, in Predator 1 & 2 they looked scary when I was a kid, and still are today. But in AVP and AVP:R they didn't look very scary at all. I think they should go back to the original design.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 16 years ago

Agreed, but the design of the predators will change depending on who is directing the film, I'd personally like to see Ridley Scott design a predator....

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Requiem's design of The Wolf was great in my opinion, & was in almost every way just like the originals. The AVP designs were just horrible though, I barely even consider them to be predators at all.

I disagree, although the movie had many flaws, the two best things about it where the design of the aliens, and the new predator armor and weapons, I like old designs, but lets be realistic here, a predator isnt going to be dumb enough to just wear a bit of cloth and shoulder armor against aliens.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well the beefed up armour from AVP didn't exactly help in the first place did it? The xenomorphs cut through it like butter.

Wolf's armour was in alot of ways a combination of the armour styles from the original films. He apparently didn't need it anyway though, since the aliens barely scratched him throughout the entire movie.

cutm3up, Undefined, 16 years ago

Again, following on From Stalkers post/s.

My person opinion of predator 1 & 2 were pretty blank. I Don't pick up many details, So i thought they were fairly similiar. and although i ADORE Aliens vs. predator, The Giant Armoured battle-tank predators were going far too overboard, and I think FOX then learned of this, and tried making it as much like the originals as possible.

They got rid of a LOT of the Armour that was on the AVP Predators, yet i admit they keep much more than From Predator 1 & possibly 2.

They kept the Gaunlets/wristblades/Wrist computer. Which is always necessary in anything Yautja-related. They kept Lioncloth and a small Block of metal over it, which is all fair, it Stops a giant(?) Predator ____ Flopping out doesn't it? i think the word is censorship, but im not all-too sure.

They kept the mask, which i deemed necessary, and Gave the predator shinguards, which are nothing compared to the metal Slabs Strapped onto their thighs. And aside from a Large shoulder pad, There's hardly any other chunks of armour, that aren't necessary.

Here, a picture:

>AVP Predator<

>Predator 1<

>The wolf<

Champ, Undefined, 16 years ago

Now u can see my point, I kno that the armour has changed, but like the wolf, I like the thinner Predators, becos they can manouver better and have more of a warrier instict than the bigger ones

To answer you stalker, I can't be held responsible for the stupidity of Paul Anderson, he felt the predators had to be "children" and were morons..
Thats the real question here is: why in the hell do the predators always get wasted in an stupid way, except for the first predator movie, and kinda in avpr. I still say the wolf should have wasted those aliens and got out of there alive, instead of killing him off.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

I disagree. They don't need all that armor. The first two Predators and the Wolf look fantastic. If an Alien goes after them, they go after them. Armor isn't going to help at all. Either way, the Alien's manage to head bit them.

02121992, Undefined, 16 years ago

I agree with Champ and The-Wolf that the thinner predators look way better than the big armored predators from avp.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

We don't need football players. We want tribal looking hunters. Thats what the Predators are.

tribal warrior or football player? i go with what the-wolf said.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well that is ofcourse a thing of what you like more. A samurai, a tribe hunter, or a game hunter. I'm actually thinking that the predator should be all of those. I mean, a samurai is heavily armored, but is well enaugh trained and disciplined to be able to kill an opponent in 4 moves or less. The tribe hunter guy that i'm talking about, with only litle protection, who could take down oxes and wolves and many oher animals who would outpower him, using agility and quick thinking is also something the predator should be. And ofcourse, we've seen the predator act like a game hunter, using superior ground and powerful range weapons to his advantage. So whatever the design is, they should just not act like the ones in AvP. And not really like the Wolf, he looked more like a wrestler than like a hunter.

Did you really think that wolf was a wrestler? i thought he was superman.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well, the romanian wrestling commentators did say John Cena is Superman for beating Umaga and Khali in a single match. So if he was a wrestler doesn't mean he wasn't also superman at the same time. But he looked great. Not heavily armored, slim, and had great personal features and stuff like that.

i got to give you that DW, when did john cena beat umaga and the great kali?

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

I would orefer the Rock as the star. He's older, a better actor, and I could just see him in a Predator movie more than John Cena. That's if we HAVE to use a wrestler.

As far as the Preds go, I like the gritty, worn look of the armor from the original film and the slimmer look as well.

what non-wrestler would you put in a predator movie?

Depends on the script.

Jason Statham, Vin Diesel, Chow Yun-Fat, Will Smith...

Any of them could potentially oull it off.

i would go with vin diesal.

I don't know why I didn' think of this before, but Vinnie Jones would also be good.

He's a big, mean son of a bitch who would give the Preds a run for their money.