avp2 ending

delta-boy, Human, 16 years ago

what did miss.weyland mean about "this technology isnt ready for our world" and then the colonel says "but it isnt for our world is it iss.weyland" can someone clarify this for me ?

The-Wolf, Human, 16 years ago

That wasn't miss Wayland. That was miss Yutani.

What that all meant was, with the Predator's technology, they were able to go onto other worlds. ...remember those colonies in the movie Aliens? *wink*

Deathdrop, Human, 16 years ago

Maybe I'm biased becasue I didn't care for AvP2, but I don't see how a gun could lead to advanced spaceflight and terraforming.

It was supposed to explain why everything is so futuristic in the Alien movies, but isn't that because they were set IN THE FUTURE?

daveberg, Human, 16 years ago

I guess it would have to do with 'Reverse engineering' Kind of like what the did with Megatron in Transformers, they used his advanced stature to lay the ground work for new, improved human technology.....I presume that's what Weyland Yutani did to get on board with the space program.

predator428, Human, 16 years ago

I still find it hard to belive that a gun can used to make space craft of the type we see in the alien movies. Guns and armor sure, but not any kind of ship.

predatoress, Human, 16 years ago

And I still find it hard to belive that a human was able to use yautja weapon as a shotgun... But seeing is believing... Eh...

MrXeno, Human, 16 years ago

At the time when they figure out theres no way to build or create anything from the yautja stuff... They'll sell it at Ebay...

Like Nokia phones which never worked? lol

Exactly. But hey, at least they'll make profit out of selling something to idiots who prolly buy a box that can hold 1000 pokemon cards, only that they get a box without the 1000 cards. But thats the way things work at Ebay, thanks to free trade in this loveable world!

Anyway, theres no way they'll create a ship or anything out of the yautja stuff.

What if they have MacGyver working to them?

"Ooh we have a shotgun... Lets make a spaceship!"

"What do i have to work with?"

"Some duct tape, an old condom and a needle..."

*moments later*

"Wow, not only did you create a space ship, but also space colonies, along with a supermassive black hole. How did you do that?"

"Lol, Im MacGyver"

Anyway, enough with the freedom of speech.
Maybe they extract the screws and the laser from the Yautja shotgun, as well the other parts. And uses high advanced computers to find out how this and that was made, then form this ideas to create super advanced rocket engines for their future space ships that can travel very far from our solar system, if we manage to pass the asteroid belt, and maybe find worm holes and not black holes. If so, we can prolly manage to find the universe where yautjas and xenomorphs come from. And i really dont know what the hell im talking about.

Umm *taps on the shoulder and whispers* You can find the wormholes on the ground <.< lol j/k

Maybe it was somekind of first step to unknown tech, or maybe the preds come after it like in AvP when the people stole the guns, and some of them gets trapped... Etc...

Just gotta love the MacGyver theory though lol

Eventually they'll come after the jackass who stole the gun (i feel sorry for those who buy this gun at ebay) with their ship, and boom. They're shot down by high advanced SAM missiles, and then we got the technology we need to make space ships... After the army discover the crash site of the ship.

And the preds in the ship is prolly dead by then after the blast. The survivors gets prolly eaten by hungry dogs and poor people.

The-Wolf, Human, 16 years ago

You gotta have more of an imagination...

It can't be just the gun itself. They study the gun and they are descovering all kinds of new technology. It could help them create new technlogy by descovering how this gadget works. They would then descover new ways and idea of new technology through that gun and how it functions. This will make the futuristic technology we see later in the Alien movies closer.

Deathdrop, Human, 16 years ago

How? The gun shot plasma bolts and that was about it. They didn't have any kind of laser weapons or indestructible metals in the alien movies.

I thought the whole point of the tech in the alien flicks (the first two, anyway) was that it was semi-realistic? It was all at least plausible. Given enough time, I could see the military creating stuff like that. The only things that really stood out in the early films were the robots.

I just don't see any resemblance between Pred tech and the human tech in Alien/Aliens. The movies take place hundreds of years from now. In 50 years, we've gone from punch-cards to I-pods. You're telling me advanced space travel is too much of a jump IN THE FUTURE?

It seems the entire human race in the AvP-verse are really, really stupid. The Preds showed us how to build, how to use tools, how to use math, and basically began our entire civilization. In order to get the tech in Alien, we had to steal from them.

I don't mean to sound like a wiseass, but the idea of reverse-engineering alien technology is just so overdone... Have Alien and Predator really sunk to the use of lame sci-fi clichés?

Oh, well. That's enough nerd-rage for me for one night.

Lucifer, Human, 16 years ago

in the end nuking the town kinda was a crappy ending ... i mean really who isent gona notice a huge explosion and not ask questions later

And abought the capturing of the pred wepion that is probably leading into the alien movies showing how Weyland corp eventualy ended up with space ships and colonising other planets and exc exc

Lone_Hunter2, Human, 16 years ago

key word is PLASMA,I repeat PLASMA...PLASMA ENGINES FOR SPACE SHIPS...or something along that line.

delta-boy, Human, 16 years ago

was it just me or did de aliens take to much bullets to kill and even the yautja shouldercanon took at least 2 shots to kill a drone, come on, or is it just in aliens the cm's have very powerful M41 pulse rifles

Stalker, Human, 16 years ago

Delta-boy, could you please remove some of your sig. The limit is 3 lines of text, you have 11.

On to the subject though. There has never been any real explanation as to how the Weyland-Yutani Corporation could reverse-engineer a gun into technology for advanced space flight. It seems like in the 100+ years between AVP-R & the Alien films that humans would have developed such systems by themself. It could have given way to a better understanding of new technologies as a whole though, & helped the human race faster develop their equipment.

After all...we did originally learn to build simply by studying how certain types of animals constructed crude shelters for themselves. The technology behind the plasmacaster could have given inspirations to push science in new directions.

DD - just a note - human species is really really stupid. All we do is replicate the nature, we've invented nothing by ourselves.

That's why I doubt they could create spaceships just from the basics of one ET gun. Well, at least if they don't have MacGyver on their payroll.

DeathWraith, Human, 16 years ago

The bike, honey... what in nature did we replicate when we invented the bike, hmmm? When we invented writing, who did we replicate? Do you know any animal that leaves written messages? We have SOME intelligence and there are some things that we came up with to fit our needs, as ight up the ass superior beings that we consider ourselves.