Lucifer, Human, 16 years ago

well noone said we got ti from teh gun but if you c how plazma energy is created in the gun and the energy sourse it uses you can duplacate that stuff and make more and more stuff from that little thing like in real life one invention is made that is better then the next one is based ontop of that and exc exc basicly it just gives us a gatway into new tech

The-Wolf, Human, 16 years ago

Exactly Stalker, exactly what I was trying to say.

MrXeno, Human, 16 years ago

Umm... maybe we humans looked at Dung beetles and saw them creating balls out of crap, and used this idea to create wheels, which was later used to create wagons, bikes, etc, etc. Maybe it was the egyptians who first used this idea as the dung beetles were holy to them << lol Dunno.

predatoress, Human, 16 years ago

Animals do write messages, they're just invisible to us. Dog leaves his territory mark, ants follow pheromone traces. The first images people were able to draw was about nature, even the first letters. Replication.

DeathWraith, Human, 16 years ago

What do you expect people to draw if nature is all they could see at that time, God bless America!! And i said written messages, not peed. Stop trying to call my blonde wife stupid...

Deathdrop, Human, 16 years ago

To talk about the real world for a second, if not nature, what would you have us base technology on? EVERYTHING comes from nature. We can't not use nature as a starting point. That does not make the human race "stupid".

And movie-wise, that logic makes the Preds the stupid ones. They're the ones who gave us the tools and taught us how to use them, which means we would have never had a society without them.

Actually, since they're an older and more advanced species, they've been fucking with nature far longer than the humans have. Not just on their own planet, but other planets as well.

Consider the fact that they kill anything that moves, fire huge laser beams at unsuspecting planets, set off nukes in the middle of the jungle... And the kicker, they help spread the xenos around the universe.

Their entire planet is a desert wasteland. Think it got that way by itself?

darkwolfofhate77, Human, 16 years ago

r u 2 stupid to relise that the preds gave us technology so that we can eventuly provide a challenge for them and frankly in the movies the humans are noobs at fighting.and i know what ull say and 1.the only reason the pred died in movie 1 is because a tree fell on it. 2. in movie 2 pred died because cop got his tech. 3. pred died in avp 1 becuse he got stabbed through the chest by a f****** Queen alien .4. predator got killed in AVPR because he got stabbed through shoulder by Predalien and got f****** NUKEDYOU HEAR ME NUKED PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, the preds are stupid too lol But it's weird theory of some ET giving us everything what makes us "humans". In the movies human race was shown as a herd of lambs taught to walk their heads to slaughter, what was shown in AvP.

Wolf - Are you sure they didn't teach us nuclear power as well in avp universe, or if it's stolen technology? Sure they like worthy prey to hunt, so giving a chance to humans is just like I say, bring up lambs to slaughter.

I would like to know how much they wettened themselves in laughter when seeing us in the stone age. Maybe they felt pity for us to teach how to build lol

And yes, everything I say shouldn't be taken literally. I just like to mess with peoples heads.

Darkwolf, I don't take kindly to being called stupid. Clean up your act or get lost.

Back on topic-
I don't see how technology is what makes us interesting for the hunt. In Predator 1, Dutch wins by using primitive tools and traps, all of which were handmade from materials in the jungle. Advanced tech is not needed to beat the Preds.

Dutch won because he used his brain, not because he had a gun. They hunt humans because unlike aliens or monsters or anything else they might hunt, humans are self-aware and intelligent. We don't rely on instinct alone, which amkes us unpredictable.

I thought he called me stupid? lol Oh well, my understanding may be a bit bad at 2 am...

Good points, DD. It was funny to see though how AvP brought all of the races down. And AvP2 wasn't much better. In original Predators and Aliens the humans also kicked some serious ass, just gotta love Ripley's guts and resistance.

Damn grammar, I don't know if I should have reverse word order in sentence that starts with a word meaning place... Hmmh should prolly read my old English books... OT

It doesn't really matter which of us he was talking to. Calling another member "stupid" is a no-no in my book.

I hate what AvP did to the Preds (and the aliens, for that matter). I can't quite explain it, but there was just something about the original preds that was so much more sinister...

But I don't want to go into another rant about how much I hate this new AvP universe.

ESPECIALLY this "hish" buisness, because I could write a whole book on that.