If the Newborn Never Died...........

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

If Ripley had never killed the newborn in Alien Resurrection then what do you think could have happened? Ripley could control the newborn since it thought of her as mother, so she could probably tell it what to do, but what do you think would have happened if they had taken the Newborn to earth?

I'd like to hear your ideas on it.

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

She'd take it for walks on the beach & get it to fetch the newspaper...

_Zwecky_, Yautja, 16 years ago

If the newborn survived i would burn my copy of alien rez and probly kill myself :S

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

easy if ripley didnt kill it then most likely at some point the military or weyland are gonna get there hands on that thing and ripley and do some kinda autopsy

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

If it ever reached earth, there was a rumoured (and maybe even planned) scene where Ripley and the remaining crew fought the Newborn in a junkyard where the ship supposedly crashed.

I support the newspaper theory though...

It would be a normal happy life. Except, you know, your dog is twice your size and it likes scaring the buhjesus out of other dogs... not to mention that it stands on two legs.

Blade_Monstrona, Yautja, 16 years ago

I hardly doubt that the Newborn would be anything like a dog. It's a monster and Ripley had no other choice but to kill the creature. But if she did keep it alive she would probably keep it locked up somewhere safe from the military and Weyland and also so it could not harm others.

Heh, relax, it was a joke.

Ace, Yautja, 16 years ago

would the newborn change or "grow up" hence the name newborn?

If it were just a regular alien, then it would only be in its Chestburster stage because it had just been born. That means it would have grown into something a lot more menacing than what we've seen it to be - maybe a darker skin tone. Not pure black like 'regular' Aliens, but slightly darker. Although I don't know if it would still go under the cacooning stage to become an 'adult' (whatever that might be...).

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

We really can`t know if it would have further evolved, since no animanl with a larval stage of developement has ever given birth on Earth... And since we don`t have any eveidence in any way, we can`t really say anything...

Namicole, Yautja, 16 years ago

to tell you the truth if the newborn survied then i think the following events would happen
!. Ripley gets attached to it
2. Military get it and try to clone it or somthing
3. ripley nad her friends go to the base to save the bewborn.

That`s the most unlikely sory... The military could never get the newborn without killing it or geting killed.Just think about it. When was the last time that someone captured a loose xenomorph? Also, noone would help Ripley save a monster that kills everyone around him. Also, Ripley is still more human, even if she sees the newborn as her own child, she still knows that it has to die.

What i`m wondering is what would have happened if the newborn haddn`t killed the queen and many other newborns had been born? And then if a predator ship gave them a ride o Earth and then Wolf had to fight a bunch of newborns. Ok, that`s a bad idea, i`ll leave it alone.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I don't know why people hate the newborn so much. I thought it was cool to see some cool Aliens plus a new monster...

But I don't think there would be anyway she'd want to keep that thing. If she did, she probably should have sent it after the Aliens to kill them all, or if it died trying - atleast she could still have made it to the betty.

But yeah, like Stalker said, she take long walks on the beach, fetch newspaper, maby a romantic italian dinner.

It didn't have eternal youth. That means that, sometime in its life, it would have to mature. Butteflies weren't always butterflies.

By now, I don't really remember the reason I hate the Newborn. But it must have been good, I mean, I almost restarted that whole Gut the Newborn! thing........

Malus-Darkblade, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well, if that had happened, I bet that a few of us wouldn't be Alien fans today.

I mean, that thing was a wax figure made out of snot, it was an abomination that still makes all of us Xenos wince at the very mention of it. If it had LIVED....

...ugh, I'd probably jump right into the fireplace.

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

hmm.....very interesting answers. lol

And Bloo i think the Gut The Newborn thing happened before you came, I actually still have a sig about it that Nick made for me a couple years ago.

I know, I meant that I almost started another one that would continue the old one.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 16 years ago

You know, I agree with stalker's post, she'd bring him to national dog shows, start a kennel club, yeah there is a future for those two.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well, Alien fans, so what if theres a monster in the movie that doesn't appeal to you because its a deformed monster half Alien human thing? I mean, its not that bad. I'm not a big fan of it but I don't dispise it. Its just something new I look forward to when watching the movie along with the Aliens in it. It doesn't destroy the Aliens, well maby the Queen - or is that why you guys hate it?, but the Aliens were still there untill they crashed into Earth. That thing doesn't stop Alien fans from being Alien fans. And if you didn't like it, or the movie, you can still be fans of the other 3, am I right? Even if it survived.

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

I'm pretty sure it was trying to kill her at one point there lol not the most reliable dog, maybe she should take a runner to the beach

I personally don`t like the newborn because except for it`s face (which does not include that stupid tongue) it looks like an ill old man with a vagina on his belly. More or less. And also because it`s a hybrid and i have a problem with that word when it comes to AvP.