Who Was Leader or Alpha

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

In AVP which Predator do you think was leader or Alpha. Some think it was Scar because he survived and marked himself. Some think it was Chopper because the skulls made it seem like he was on previous hunts. Or people thought it was Celtic because he was always leading the other two around and always had the map of the Pyramid on his wrist computer, and fought alot.
Personally I think it was Celtic. What do you think?

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 16 years ago

its gotta be celtic.
thats why it was supposed to be a shock when he died and scar turned out to be the "hero"

Exactly I was trying to make that point Anderson screwed up there I always skip that part where celtic gets killed. LOL Anderson S***s

City-Hunter, Yautja, 16 years ago

If I remember right, Anderson said it was Celtic in the special features. It kinda shows in Celtic's cocky personality in the movie. And how he's always infront of the group. Celtic seemed to know what he was doing when he planned out the attack on everyone from inside the pyrimid. He showed leadership.

I think if Celtic survived he would be even more badass than he already is. He would've been all cocky and survived, of coure. It's kinda stupid to create such a very likible character such as Celtic and kill him off like they did. Just to point out, being fearless and jumping into the danger is what earns Predator their rights, honor, and respect apparently.

Scar wasn't as cocky or as great as a leader Celtic was but he was very independent. How he hunted with his spear by himself. And of course making his way out of the pyrimid as the only surviving Predator, not to mention he was also the only Predator to retrieve the Plasma Castor.

Chopper had the potential to be bad ass but Anderson never excuted it. It was a big shame. Not only that but it was the scene where the Predator and Alien, two legendary creatures, meet for the first time and its only seconds from the first Predator's death. We never really learned much from Chopper or his character but he seemed to be alot like Scar in the fact he stayed behind Celtic and did his own thing, well atleast tried.

I think Celtic is the leader is any.

Edit: If any, I meant.

Yes I agree with you cory your absolutely right. He had much loyalty to his brethren considering he went right after the alien who killed Chopper.
But your right with Anderson, why make the Predators so likeable if your gonna kill them one after one right away.
Also Chopper could have done more he looked more badass then Scar considering his mask and the skulls on his back.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Celtic was the one who lead the group. I think that, even though Celtic was leader, it would have been Chopper that showed the most battle skill and smarts. Celtic scanned the first human he encountered, but Chopper just attacked and asked questions later. Both humans made the first move.

I think that Celtic or Chopper would both have made a better survivor then Scar. Celtic I believe was the leader. But Scar was dishonorable in my eyes. When he killed Quinn it was dishonorable because Quinn was defenseless and was trying to hide. Well either way I think Scar killing Quinn was wrong

EDIT: Personally I liked Chopper the best. But honestle even though I want to think Chopper was the leader it was Celtic. Chopper showed smarts, Celtic showed leadership.

I never realized that. And and yes you are right. Killing Quinn was dishonorable. Although Quinn fired rounds into Celtic's armor before falling down the large tunnel. Its debatable... Because at the same time Quinn was Celtic's hunt, not Scar's.

I also agree, Chopper and or Celtic would make more interesting survivers than Scar. It was very predictible that the Predator who ironiclly had the original looking mask became the survivor. I would have liked to have seen Scar kill an Alien first before he became the first to die, then Chopper do a great deal of fighting before his death sequence and Celtic make it out. It would be interesting to see him come out the surviver. He had a completely new looking mask and it would be unpredictible because you'd think the cocky one die first.

Yea I noticed that. That was always my complaint come up with new mask designs. The mask was identical to the ancient hunters in the legend flashback.

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

I am gonna go with something Otang said some time back, he pointed out that Chopper had 2 human skulls resting on his back with the spines attached. I cannot seem to find a pic though but i remember someone supplying one a while back.

If hunting aliens would be a passage into adulthood then i would think hunting humans would be done after hunting aliens. So that would mean that Chopper would be the more experienced and would be the alpha/leader.
But it doesnt make much sense as i dont remember there being a mark on Chopper showing he hunted xenos.
And if i am correct about that then the way Chopper died may have been unrealistic seeing as he would probably be more aware from being on previous hunts.
All in all I believe Chopper to be the leader of the pack.

Black Warrior you made a great point. I mentioned that before a little bit. I had thought he had been on other hunts. The reason I believe Celtic was the Alpha was because he was always leading the group. For a while I did believe that Chopper was a Blooded Warrior from the skulls. But for all we know Anderson might not have known alot about Predators and just tried to design Chopper differently.

I think the skulls were just for his design. I mean he'd be pretty plain without them. I don't think they would take the time and make him the leader and give him skulls to empathize that. Even so, Celtic acted more of a leader. Wouldn't Chopper be the cocky one then?

Well you are right. But even if they got rid of the skulls he wouldn't be completely plain because he would have the sidearm blades. I would like to think Chopper was the Alpha but I must say Celtic was definately the Alpha.No Doubt

Do you think that if Chopper or Celtic survived instead they would have killed Lex? Also did each Plasmacaster belong to the specific Predator or not? My guess was that Lex had Chopper's because he went after it first.

I know Celtic would have mangled her. Chopper might of finished the job but he might show hesitation again.

And I don't think the side arm blades is what stands out the most with him even though they are very cool weapons. But why else would they call him Chopper? (lol) I still think the skulls were just part of the design. He wouldn't be too diferent than the others without out them besides the fact he was the only one with side arm blades.

Namicole, Yautja, 16 years ago

I think it might be Chopper. He seemed like he was the hardest to take down. (besides Scar) Although i dont now if that determinds whos the leader but ya. (and his wristblades were pretty sweet)

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

If Chopper was the first to die then how was he tough to take down? In my opinion he was the easiest. A stab and a bite and that was the end of him. Celtic was probably the leader. He fought better and led the group.

Namicole, Yautja, 16 years ago

He got ambushed he never even got a chance to fight i think that if he would have had a chance he wouldent have died.

Yeah, he was the easiest tooken down. Scar seemed to be the thoughest although he never went head on with Grid like Celtic did.