Real alien origins (fact checked)

silva11, Undefined, 16 years ago

The Xenomorphs were created by an ancient race (The Jockey Race) tens of thousands of years ago. They were fighting among themselves in a brutal civil war. Their technology was organic in nature and was so powerful, the death toll ran into the millions. For decades, the war never saw twilight. It seemed to go on forever…until one side got an idea.

It was an experiment to create a biomechanical weapon. It would adapt to its environment, be completely independent…and finally…it would be viscous. This creature would be a living machine with the most grotesque combination of science and nature. They created a species bent only of the art of killing. The experiment was placed on a distant world (“Alien-Proteusâ€Â). They designed the species with a hive structure to keep the infestation from running out of control. The “ant†methodology was promoted. The object: To keep the infestation under control by keeping the creatures close to their “queen.â€Â

The experiment was a success. The creatures we know as Xenomorphs were created. The standard infiltrator mission was as follows: An egg is deposited in a populace, it impregnates, and an alien bursts out of the host and soon finds more hosts which it can convert into eggs which will also hunt down hosts to impregnate. The creature will kill anything threatening and convert the rest. Soon, the populace is destroyed and the aliens are left alone on the world or spacecraft where the infestation was released. It is assumed the Jockeys that created the Xenomorphs had a procedure to eliminate the new infection.

The Jockeys were ready to unleash their creation on their enemy. The Proteus planet was still under control. The experiment seemed safe. The mother species deposited many life forms to keep their hives intact. These life forms seemed to reproduce in large numbers. When needed, a transport would simply set down and pick up a queen, a drone, an army, or just a bunch of eggs as the mission profile specified. The weapon proved useful and the war ended quickly.

The Xenomorphs were designed to adapt to current situations but their basic morphology was not to change…it did. Before the Jockeys could stop their “childrenâ€Â, they had evolved. One small little change, something seemingly insignificant connected to the “ant†structure but not included in the alien design…Royal Jellyâ€â€the strange substance used to generate a queen. When the Jockeys discovered infested worlds where there shouldn’t be, they got worried.

Given the capability to create their own queens, the infestation could not be bottled. It soon broke out of control. The Jockeys found their experiment turning against them. They tried to find a weapon to defeat their own creation but they were already demoralized from a past war. They sent one last ship to pick up “evolved†egg samples from the Proteus planet to study…it never came back.

The Jockey race vanished. After thousands of years, without transportation, the Xenomorphs quickly overran the planets they were on, then promptly died out. They might be long lived, but after ten thousand years, even their lifespan ran out. The eggs fossilized, the bodies disintegrated and the last legacy of the alien species vanished. The ship from the proteus world crashed landed on a world far away from their Homeworld.

LV-426 was the world where the lone Jockey ship crashed landed, across the galaxy from their Homeworld. The Jockey onboard was killed when an alien egg he carried broke free and impregnated him. Without a pilot, his ship set down on the hostile world. The stasis fields in the cargo bay were damaged and all but one bay of eggs were unsealed. They all soon died from exposure. One bay remained sealed and waited--the last living legacy of a past experiment that failed.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Organic machines? I don't really think
a machine could reproduce but it's an
interesting theory.

when i researched the space jockey i found out that they are an organic race meaning they could grow entire ships.

so yeah its an interesting theory but im pretty sure its the truth

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yes, indeed it is very interesting... Nut this must be verified by a more competent member of our society, someone who has been here for a long enaugh time to really know what he`s talking about. Only when the majority of those people take it as a fact shall everyone else here take it as a fact. Untill then...

THIS IS NOT CANON!!!

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

This theory has been around for quite a long time, but it's never really been confirmed. The fact that the Jockeys "created" the aliens is also under speculation as well.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think this is an interesting theory and I have heard it before but I see nothing in your profile that proves it is fact.
We only really count movies as giving canon info, and unless
Giger or someone involved with the history of the alien wrote a book or something about it I wouldn't count it as canon.

It is a possiblity of the origin of the aliens but after all of the other non-related scifi alien movies it just seems alittle repetitive with the idea of aliens being created as weapons.

Waralien, Undefined, 16 years ago

The theory is plausible. As for the created for the sole purpose of war is also true. Im take a look at the alien body. Long slender legs for running and jumping, acidic blood, powerful arms, talons and/or claws for tearing into and apart. It's certaint that these creatures were made for war. You see in war, especially when it comes from incectoid creatures, depending how a creature is built determines its' role in the world. The alien's body is perfect for war.

I know there may be many theories but I can only think of a few. They do fit very well in the Alien and AVP movies.

In the one
Silva is talking it could be made into another theory that aliens were given to preds as a payment for protection or something.
Explaining how preds got the aliens and also explaining the hunts.

The natural evolution could say that aliens evolved to become stronger than any animal and well adaptable, and as preds search the galaxy for strong prey they could have captured a queen or egg to breed them for hunts since they are "the ultimate prey".

Many things fit but none are proven yet, so it seems
Silva has forgotten or not known to add how preds got involved with aliens...

Waralien, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hmm... This is just a thought but what if the preds discovered the alien spieces? Im mean when you look at the aliens the corruption as mentioned earlier was already present. So that means the jockies couldn't have gave the aliens to the preds. But this is purely thought on my part.

In any case, AvP screws with many things by putting the aliens on Earth, as it seemes that Earth is a very important place in the history of everything...It also makes poor Ripley`s efforts to keep away from Earth these unknown creatures that have wiped out a civilisation capable of squishing us, because it seemes that they were already here! I think what could have made AvP a little better was puting Elvis and Hitler somewhere in the history of the aliens and predators. Who knows, maybe Hitler was an alien queen and Elvis was a space jockey and they both went home in stead of dying....

I really wish someone could ask Giger or Stan Winston or someone "what is the history behind Aliens?"

But i wouldnt want a
"well i have to get an answer so ill think of the first thing that pops into my head" thing.

And like Stalk said in the Prequel topic, "The maystery is part of what makes it great."

Well if you listen to the commentary of the first alien movie, during the scene where they find the fossilized space jockey, ridley scot states that the aliens may have been used for bio warfare.

Well, you said may......doesnt exactly comfirm it into fact.

I still dont see proof anywhere in your profile saying you go all this from a canon reliable source.

None... what-so-ever... If you are indeed so convinced that you "fact check" all your information, why don`t you explane to us how, and so convince us too of this... fact...

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Using the product does not mean you made it.

Ok well the way the preds got to the aliens is after the jockey race died out there were some planets still infested with xenomorphs.

i know that after thousands of years the aliens die out but some eggs still live, so the predators could have found one

even if im wrong avp wasnt originally supposed to blend with the aliens history, all they say is "then thousands of years later the predators discovered the xenomorphs considering them the ultimate prey"

predatoress, Undefined, 16 years ago

Or alien is just a masterpiece of evolution and the battle of species.

Either way it'sa beautiful but deadly killing machine, weather it is created ot developed.

Celtec-Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

it sounds like some comic plot or something

x_saysell, Undefined, 16 years ago

Sorry bout this being a late reply but ...
wen the figurines wer realesed there was a big theory that the predators had created the aliens as the ultimate in rite of passage from teen to adult hood.
this theory is backed up by AVP wen u c the preds energizing the temple

but the flaw with this is wer do the jockys come into it ??

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

i love stuff like this.

has anyone here read the book "aliens: origonal sin"?

its about what happens to ripley and call after alien res, and it explains the orgins of the xenos as well
its a lot like this

exept i think it has something to do with humans haveing contact with the jockeys

origonal sin is the only book i personally consider canon, just cause it has the characters from the movies in it

honnou, Undefined, 16 years ago

Wait ,what ?

Ok this I don’t get

You said :

“The standard infiltrator mission was as follows: An egg is deposited in a populace, it impregnates, and an alien bursts out of the host and soon finds more hosts which it can convert into eggs which will also hunt down hosts to impregnate. “

then you say that eventually they evolved and now there is that “Royal Jelly†jazz

????
but how does a lone Xenomorph even create a egg to make more Xenomorphs if all this was being done before they evolved to create their own queens , who are the ones that make eggs?