A Predalien an actual possibilty?

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

I am not trying to say that it's imposible for a Predator to be the host of an Alien (in the films) because it has happened in AVP, of course.

But how could the facehugger actually fit onto a Predator's face? I assume their mouth to be well protected with those mandibles. I can't think how it would work, not only because it wasn't actually shown in AVP but how could the facehugger do its niche if it couldn't get to the Predator's throat with its "muzzle" area be structured that way.

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

well truth be told, weather the huggers legs are large enough to cover the predators face or no is irrelevant, the important statistic of a face huggr is its tail (Which is very long) which raps around the victims neck, first of all youl notice that if someone or something were to grip your neck (Tight) youd gag and your mouth would open even if slightly, the hugger takes its opertunity to insert the egg laying tube, this knocks the victim uncoucience

I cant see this causing to much fuss even with the manibles if the predator was unconcience.

So id say its quit possible..... lol and if your a bit of a comic head like myself, youl like to think that the huggers and indeed the alien race was originally designed to counter the predator race even if it has evolved since then, which i also believe you have to accept if your including the comics with our cannon films

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Not only the tail, but because of their strength and how their bodies are built, I would imagine that it's like being in a ventless room with limited air, except it's your face, and you can die more quickly.

SavageShade, Undefined, 16 years ago

hi,
as a matter of fact in my opinion it is true.
this hybrid beast "Predalien" which is supposed to be
a mix between Alien and Predator. if you would like
to know hwy i believe it is true because.
At the end of Alien Vs Predator(movie) you see the Predator teenager hunter lying on the bench and at the endyou see it smash out of his body which is a trait of the Alien however you may think that just means its an alien....wrong. if you see the alien which is smashed out of the predator has the same face/teeth as the predator meaning it probly has to be true. anyway watch the ending again if you want its all there for you, clear as day.
cheers,
SavageShade

lol, SavageShade your a completev noob lol, stick around the site for a while and you might learn a few things, first and formost all chestbusters develop chracteristics from the original host, like different teeth or in alien three walking on all fours, lol that dosent mean its not an alien... and as ive heard some say it going to be on the predators side, thats rediculas, that the equuivilant of an normal alien drone breed from a human being on our side, #

XD

Waralien, Undefined, 16 years ago

My only wonder is that the alien egg gets traits from its host then what kind of traits will the Predalien get? In the game AvP Extinction, it states that the Predator is heat resistant and that trait is also passed on to the Predalien in the game along with other abilities.

umm dude the predator dosent get any traits, it lies there in a bloody mess with a F**king hole in its chest lmfao

No I mean that the Predator is already heat resistant and when a chestburster emegers from a Pred it gains that ability. Now Im starting to wonder if the Pred has any traits to give aside from the mandebles, but im going off topic here.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Waralien, have i not said this before: NO - EGG - IN - PREDATOR - !!!
You don`t get an egg inside you, you get an embrione (or whatever the spelling is) and that thing links gets fed by you like your own little baby. Only you give birth to it through your chest. Congratulations, it`s a Drone!

No I mean that the Pred is already heat resistant and the chestburster gets that ability. Come to think of it, do Preds have any abilities at all? But Im going off topic so i'll leave it at that.

Eh.. you know... the predator isn`t heat resistant, cos you can see the heat coming through him in Predator 1 when he looks at the scorpion in his hand. Just because the pain of a little fire right next to his ear in AvP didn`t bother him enaugh to scream doesn`t mean he`s heat resistant.

Sorry if there is more than one post, i had a problem with the computer earlier.

But first of all I did't know how to spell embryo until now and second its just a thought about the Preds ability not an actual fact.

lol actually from alien 3 i think we can safely say resiliance to the elements including heat is a customary feature of the alien.......

basically it will inherit certain physical attributes like increased strength and looks e.c.t the whole point is to produce a better version of the host (So to speak), as far as physical strenghth is concerned anyway.. .... mentally the alien will have the same mindset as all aliens, those objectives are hard wired ( so to speak lol)

Dude, stop sweating over the prospect of going of topiuc lol, the mods arent going to eat you for it, going off topic is fine provided your still talking about avp, it when you go of topic and start talking about ice cream people like me get pissed off

Hm... even with the resistance extreme temperatures, the aliens aren`t nuclear bomb proof. But it seemes humans are, from what happened in Predator 1 at the end hehe... But i bet that was just meant to be an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, noone thought that the idea of Predator would have such an impact!

Well none the less the Predalien would be a force to be reckoned with.

Uh, Salvage, I think Cory has noticed the Predalien at the end of the movie, including everybody else. And what Kill said.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Waralien, you don't have to worry about going off topic, you were talking about the predalien, which is still very much on topic.

As far as whether or not a facehugger could actually implant an embryo in a predator's body, it's quite obvious that they are able to, or the ending to the first AVP wouldn't have happened (as riddled with inconsistencies as that movie may have been). Predators' mandibles are primarily used for communication, & as such, they are relatively frail. A facehugger on the other hand is quite powerful, & as mentioned earlier, once the tail wrapped around the predator's throat, it would gasp for air & have the embryo-laying tube inserted down its throat & be rendered unconscious.

As far as the physical traits the predalien would possess, heightened strength & speed would definitely be on the list, as in most cases an adult alien is physically superior to its host, meaning that it would more than likely be faster & stronger than most predators. As far as physical appearance goes, it can only be speculated about until it is seen in the AVP2 movie, as appearances in games & comics are generally considered to be non-canon, although it has been confirmed that the creature would definitely have predator-like mandibles.

Also, despite what certain people may think, the predalien is not a complete hybrid of the two species, it is merely an alien with several physical traits originating from its yautja host, its mind however operates the same as any other xenomorph.

And, just to add to the in-game non-canon thing about predaliens, in the game AvP2 predaliens don`t have the second jaw, but in the movie AvP the predalien chestburster has it.

Correct me if Im mistaken but did anyone see mandbles on the second jaw? Im mean when the Predalien opened its mouth.

I think that's just the 'teeth' of the second-jaw, which I thought they were too until I saw the regular ones and compared.

Ah now everythings clear.