Alien questions

Shokar, Undefined, 17 years ago

I have a thought, would a predalien have an easier time using the inner jaw? seems like, do they even have an inner jaw? How do aliens eat? I think they use the inner jaw like a throat sort of thing.

avpunlimited, Undefined, 17 years ago

But it will have a purpose other than to scare, It will be alive and vulnerable, and their is hope of stopping it.

My opinion of scary is far darker than that. Imagine something that breathes and kills just to torment, something that you can't get rid of, something that will always be there, you can't ask it for mercy, you can't beg for it to haunt some one else, there is nothing you can do, you are at the mercy of a DEVIL!

alien3yl9.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

*shrug* Honestly, I'd be more scared of a bear than the anti-christ because I don't know what the anti-christ looks like, just as how I'd be more scared of a bear than the boogie man or the tooth fairy.

All monstrosities of horror are more terrifying if they possess some sort of relation to something we know of in life. Giger's artworks are what they are because they are twisted visions of something somewhat human.
CrowRunnerSig-2.png?t=1169492759

But it could never exist!

I didn't mean indestructible because it was god-like, I meant that there is no hope of killing something that breaks the laws of science, because if it doesn't need science, then you can't use science to kill it. And science is what makes us so powerful.

alien3yl9.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

ye i under stand what you meen and its a cool concept but i thinck in a sciance fiction series your bad guy needs to have some material about him miths and indestructable beasts for me belong in the relms of fantacy like dungans and dragons.

shureits made of flesh and blood but i still think that lives up to every thing in your poast its still relentles it wont give you mercy not dose it cair if your in need of sleep it will ceep comeing after you till you make a mistake thyen your a goner.

i just finde the idea that somethiung like that could actualy exist terafaying and what makes that for me is the fact thatr it has the background baist in reality

Anarchysig.jpg

id have to go with the oposet. to me something that is so far feched just isant skaiory. i profer all the nity grity details about the aliens life sical like breathing and eating becaus it makes it seem more real. the thaught of a real live eating breathing killing machine like alien is skairy to me

Anarchysig.jpg

*nod* For the most part Daveberg's theory does hold on its own, though I have to disagree on the topic of similiar bodily systems: Just because a creature is alien does not mean that it's internal systems are entirely different than our's, especially when we are fully aware that a xenomorph adopts traits from its hosts.

In short, we don't know, and it's best to leave the gaps that aren't filled with canon material to the imagination.

As for the rumbling of the Nostromo in the vacuum of space, it, much like the explosion of the Death Star, was a massive error. Sound effects in space should never exist, and are kept in some movies solely for dramatic effect.

Sound waves are compression waves which travel across a medium, such as air. In order to hear sound waves, we need to have air, water, or another substance carry the vibration and allow it to reverberate off of our ear drums.

Because the vacuum of space lacks a physical medium for sound to travel across, it cannot be generated, transmitted, or heard.

Hence the quote "In space, no one can hear you scream."

caboose3456, Undefined, 17 years ago

Shokar, welcome to AVP 2.com

caboose3456bg3.jpg

Do you believe in love like I believe in pain, Nobody died for you,Nobody prayed for me

Yeah, I'll agree with Daveberg, his theory, is far fetched, and closer to mine, and the more far fetched, the scarier.

I wanted something so out there, that you couldn't relate.

I am just going to come up with a more reasonable and far fetched idea than my last one, and I can do this, because Daveberg did it.

If you look at the entire first movie, it is more like an artist's dream than a science fiction story. Look at the ship, 20 million tons of metal, "unreal" There is gravity in the ship, and I am sure its not artificial gravity, its just an artist's dream. They can make it to other planets in a couple of weeks, with out warp drives.

So its only fare to say that the alien is an artist's dream, and that it doesn't have to rely on science, it can be something from hell, it can be a robot, it can be an organic machine, and it can breath, but the only reason for its grotesque breathing, is to scare the person watching the movie. It doesn't need food to function. Its just alive to scare the viewer, and its just alive in the movie, to entertain.

alien3yl9.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

here i come to play devils advocate here, just because i like to.....

Now, about this sound and voice box business.....

Let's get real here, most of us like myself and Crow like to hit on the cannon theories and follow
religiously the hypothosies from the movies. But let's look at the fact that even if (As i have read on multiple websites and biologies) the aliens don't possess lungs as they are indeed completely Alien and should no way be expected to have a simular bodily system than that of our own - they still do intake air and gaseous elements in to the dorsal tubes, this is then filtered out through the biological system and broken down into the bloodstream to 'fuel' the alien. It's possible that the gasses are indeed expelled through the mouth cavity and that is what gives us the illusion that the alien is breathing.

No being that survives on Oxygen can sustain prolonged subjectivity to the deep vacum of soace.

Anyhow, as far as reality goes, 'there is no sound without air' how do we account for the sound of the 'Nostromo' rumbling through space? or the sound of it exploding? No air, no noise, unless you wish to believe that escaping elements provide enough to make a susbtantial racket before dissipating into the void.....

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yes, Predaliens have an inner-jaw. Just watch the ending of AVP. The part after the Predalien Chestburster is the best part, by the way. *cough*END CREDITS*cough*

And in Alien3 they have been shown to been able to take in food and digest it. However I don't know whether their digestive systems undergo the same things as our's does.

00Bloo_sig05.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

dude the dark thing is wrong for the only reason ppl are afraid of the dark is becase ppl are arfaid of the unknown thay do know know hwat is in the dark thus thay are afraid and tremble if thay knew what was in the dark why be scared unless tehre a 10 foot monster going to eat you wait there might be that is why the unknown in scary to ppl so next time i c a big think kissign and ranting abought im going to take a mental note and run like hell befor i get to know it lol

and no not really much history

Lucifer.jpgI'll make all your dreams come to life, then slay them as quickly as they came Smother another failure, lay this to rest.
Welcome to Midian

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol, you two have a great history of going at eachother huh......lol.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

I agree with Lucifer. Haven`t even read what he wrote. And Crow is... once more... right... But i still agree with him, cause i don`t wanna agree with Crow, even if i do agree with Crow. So i agree with Crow... Well, that didn`t turn out quite as i wanted it to.

But here`s my opinion... The fear of the dark is a pretty bad example here. The fear of the dark can be taken as just another phobia like arachnophobia, claustrophobia, etc. Those fears aren`t generated by what you know or what you don`t, they`re sicknesse that can be cured through treatment. Now a human in all it`s mental faculties (if that`s an expression) would fear the Xenomorph more than the Yautja, because the 1`st one is a giant drooling skinny thing that relates to a dead body, to a slow, painful, pityful death, and the fear of death is also generated by the unknown. Beacuse the first time you`d come face to face with a creature that blends in with the darkness, you`d know that you know nothing about what it`ll do to you. If you get out of it alive, this may leave you with a fear of the dark or of shadows...

The 2nd one looks more like a human than a groosem monster that wants to eat you, and it will also not attak you unless you are a possible threat. You don`t know anything about it when you first see the Yautja, but the farmiliar shape sets you asume. Also, you can comunicate with it. Of course, if he were to threaten you with the wrist-blades, you would probably fear him as much as you`d fear the xenomorph in a few seconds. Unless you had gotten the wrong idea the it`s a human in that costume...

So the need to relate something to something you know to be scared of it is a fact, but one of the things you can realte it to is the concept of "unknown".

00Alien_sig08.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...
Sorry, sorry, i will acept the punishment gladly...
Hmm... I talk too much!

*sigh* I'm sorry for the way I acted, but if you want me to be nice to you, then you need to be nice to both myself and the other members on this site.

We respect your beliefs, but you need to respect our's. If a member asks a question, and the other members provide answers following the canon information provided by the films, then you need to not impose your beliefs on the inquirer with no backup material other than your own beliefs.

People come to this site seeking answers about xenomorphs and yautja, and the best thing we have is the films. So, we give them answers from the films.

Thanks for being nice about everything.

I'm wrong, and I don't care.

alien3yl9.jpg

I'm 18 (if I was 25 then dating Donut would be a little creepy),

I'm a college student majoring in Zoology (the study of animals),

And I have taken high school biology, high school chemistry, forensic science, advanced placement biology, and chemistry 141.

This is his voice box

alienbc8.png
alien3yl9.jpg

How old are you? 25?

alien3yl9.jpg

...You really don't even know how you digest food, do you?

Guess what's used to break down food in the stomach? Stomach acid.

How about you stop wasting your time arguing with me over something you know nothing about and pick up an anatomy book sometime?

And wires aren't ribbed. Those are ribbed. Just because they resemble something doesn't make it that. Following your rationale, my eyes are ball bearings because they're round.