avpunlimited, Undefined, 17 years ago

Like I said before, this is a different kind of vocal cord that doesn't need oxygen.

The acid might work as a stimulant, how do you know its chemical reactions are the same as regular acid, its acid that is produced naturally and organically, and acid doesn't get produced naturally and organically.

These are all wires.

alien2zt7.jpg
alien3yl9.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Vocal chords only function when air passes over them because air is what transmits sound the best.

Oh, and if acidic blood was needed to pass over the vocal chords, then the xenomorph would be vomiting blood every time it made a sound, and would die very quickly.

You are still completely failing to understand how acid works.

If acid broke down the xenomorph's insides, then there is absolutely no way to harvest the nutrients.

Blood exists to nourish the body's cells. If it broke down the cells instead, the xenomorph would die in a matter of seconds.
CrowRunnerSig-2.png?t=1169492759

"The sound of breathing comes from air rushing into lungs or some other body cavity, and is audible from the friction generated as it passes through a body.

Vocal chords only make nose if air can pass over them. If xenomorphs don't have a hole for air to move through, as you claim, then you couldn't hear the "voice box," now could you?"

This isn't regular voice box, it is something that makes noise, now maybe its vocal cords make noise when acid passes over them.

And maybe the braking down of an alien's skin some how produces minerals.

alien3yl9.jpg

No, those are a bunch of slits on the side of its head.

Please don't go parading around like you know any of this, it makes you look like more of a fool than anything else.

And that is Giger's concept art, not the actual xenomorph.

All right, look. You're 14, you obviously haven't completed basic high school biology or chemistry, and you definitely don't have any engineering background.

How about learning these things before using them in your theories?

Acids of any kind are not an energy source. They don't give off energy, they don't make energy, and they don't absorb energy.

Acids are simply substances with a low pH. They break down other substances into simpler forms.

There is no way that acid can power any creature.

The second jaw from the original Alien doesn't have a hole, but you never see the back of the xenomorphs's normal mouth.

The xenomorph from Alien 3 was putting that meat somewhere, and I highly doubt that it was storing it in its non-existant cheeks for winter.

A "voice box" (they're called vocal chords) does not make the sound we hear of something breathing.

The sound of breathing comes from air rushing into lungs or some other body cavity, and is audible from the friction generated as it passes through a body.

Vocal chords only make nose if air can pass over them. If xenomorphs don't have a hole for air to move through, as you claim, then you couldn't hear the "voice box," now could you?

Oh, and if you want to go from your "robot" theory, then consider this: sound waves only travel where there is air.

"Your two paragraphs conflict with one another, by the way..."

The voice box isn't in a throat, but a tub. A wire.

alien3yl9.jpg

WTF makes you think he was eating in Alien 3?

alien3yl9.jpg

*sigh* AVPunlimited, I've already driven that theory of your's into the ground once, please don't force me to do it again...

You don't even consider Alien 3 to be canon, and we are answering this question with Alien 3 in mind. Please just stay out of it if you're going to go off of what you want instead of what is in the movies...

Your two paragraphs conflict with one another, by the way...

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

fear is a strange thing i gues it worcks diforently for every 1 fear is compleatly irationalsaswellforexample a dog is fully capable of killing and human where asa british house spider well ... isant lol but i have had 3 dogs in my life time yet im absolutly terofide of spiders.

Anarchysig.jpg

Aliens do not eat, and they do not need minerals or fluids, they run completely on molecular acid, that is the only reason they can move and live. The double jaw would stop them from eating, if you look at the inner jaw of the original alien from Alien, it has no hole, neither does its mouth, it doesn't have a hole to breathe and it doesn't have a hole to eat, just a hole for the double jaw.

The only reason that you can hear it breathe grotesquely is because it has a type of voice box that you can hear from inside its body.

alien3yl9.jpg

I've actually seen the inside of a Predalien, and it had no inner jaw, but we may have to watch the movie too get the true answer.

I am God of Blades I'm kinda having problems.

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Predaliens actually do possess an inner jaw. If you look closely at the predalien chestburster at the end of AVP, an inner jaw is clearly visible as it screeches:

Predalien chestburster 1
Predalien chestburster 2

As far as whether aliens eat or not, there is strong evidence to show that they do on occasion devour their prey. The runner in Alien 3 was seen eating its victims on certain occasions, biting into & ravaging their bodies after they had already died. Aliens probably have a very slow metabolism though, meaning that they do not need to feed as often.

thorndesignssig.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

peoples greatest fears come from that which they do not understand and that which they cannot see.
Hence fear of the dark, fear of the supernatural etc....

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Mkay, I can actually answer some of this >_>

I don't know anything about predaliens and second jaws, I think that's left up for grabs at this point...maybe AvP2 will bring a little more evidence toward this, but idk.

Xenomorphs do eat. They always drag off their prey and keep them alive when they can, but if the danger is too great they will leave them behind or eat their prey on the spot. The xenomorph from Alien 3 was seen eating on two different occasions. The 2nd jaw is more like a tongue, they have a normal throat to eat with.

no thay just leave them there lol or move them out of way and i bite ppl dosent mean i eat them

Lucifer.jpgI'll make all your dreams come to life, then slay them as quickly as they came Smother another failure, lay this to rest.The blood's on the wall, so you'd might as well just admit it And bleach out the stains, commit to forgetting it.

ok i'm just throwing something into the mix here but won't they eat when they headbite or maul their prey....

as far as i know aliens dont eat but suck nutreants thew there body from the cacoon substence all threw there hive

Lucifer.jpgI'll make all your dreams come to life, then slay them as quickly as they came Smother another failure, lay this to rest.The blood's on the wall, so you'd might as well just admit it And bleach out the stains, commit to forgetting it.

Well i'm not an expert but i know that Predaliens have no inner jaw. As Predaliens, as with the eating part and the throat, Crow or Stalker will probably help you out....

I'm not saying that you can't compare it to anything because of what it looks like but because of what it can do, and the way its science works. You can compare an alien to many things by its physical appereance. But not by the way it works.

And if you can't compare it to anything that you have ever seen, it won't look as scary, I agree. But that is not what I am saying Crow.

alien3yl9.jpg

I'm not talking about something we know everything about. I'm talking about the basic concept of visual association.

A creature has to have at least some traits that we can relate to something we already know in order for it to be frightening.

It's simple visual association: if you have not seen something before, and have nothing to mentally associate with anything else you have seen before, then you are not frightened of it. For example, if a person is afraid of the dark, it is only because they can associate it to the light of day and the ability to see.

Something unimagineable is unthinkable. The reaction of fright is a mental (and emotional) response to something new which we know not to be ordinary based on what little we can associate with it. If something is not comparable to anything else, then it's not frightening.

For example, when the Puritans first landed in America, there is a famous entry involving a Native American and a sword. A Puritan had drawn a sword, and the Native American, not knowing what the sword was, reached out, grabbed it, and cut himself. He was not afraid of another man drawing a weapon because he had never seen a weapon that looked like that or anything made of metal.

In short, if you don't have the faintest idea what something is, curiosity takes place of fear.