AvP2-Place your bets

Deathdrop, Yautja, 17 years ago

This topic was going to happen at some point, so here goes...

Who do you think is going to win AvP2? We had a somewhat "safe" ending with the tie last time. Which species, if either, will win? Aliens or Predators?

DO NOT derail this thread. This is NOT a "who's better/cooler/stronger/etc" thread. Who do you honestly think is going to win? I don't want to see any bickering over it.

deathdrop1.jpg

daveberg, Yautja, 17 years ago

Hate to say it, but it think the preds will take it, as they're portrayed as 'the good guys'

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

rayne, Yautja, 17 years ago

as much as i hate you both the preds well probelly... why? becouse yes everyone loves aliens a lot. but on a pole on who you like more there about 1,000,000 more people who like aliens. But for some reason when i ask everybody even alien fans who won they say preds. so everybody likes aliens more but like preds to win... ya i know its weird.

YOUR HATRED IS MY HAPPINES...

Crow, Yautja, 17 years ago

Hmm...well, I can understand why people always think the preds will win -- they have guns, they have tech, and, as Daveberg said, they are the ones who are made to look as the "Good guys."

I personally believe the xenomorphs will have this one. Even though the last AvP was a "draw," the yautja did wipe out or immobilize all of the xenomorphs before Scar fell -- as far as I'm concerned that chestburster at the end was a late entry to the fight and should hardly be counted as anything more than a way to close that horrid film.

It's funny, though, when you think about it -- the yautja take a xenomorph queen, a creature we all know to have extremely strong maternal instincts and care for her children, keep her bound and frozen for several milennia, and force her to produce countless children just so they can be slaughtered time and time again while forcing her to stay alive and pumped full of horomones...I don't quite think the xenomorphs have ever really done something as diabolical as that, and yet the yautja are the ones portrayed as "good."

CrowRunnerSig-1.png?t=1169444668

Skystalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

Actually, despite the fact that my bias is siding with predators, all the evidence seems to be pointing towards them not being portrayed as heroes. As the directors stated its going to be darker, more violent than original AVP, so I actually think the humans will probably win.

Yautjasig2.png
Disdaining fortune with his brandished steel
Which smoked with bloody execution.

OTANG, Yautja, 17 years ago

As Dave says the Yautja are protrayed as the good guys, so it will be better ending if they lose.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Unknown, Yautja, 17 years ago

*Covers Ears* "Lalalalala* id rather not talk about this , realistically the alien cant win, unless the beat the predz and are then blowen up by the humans but meh

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

Crow, Yautja, 17 years ago

....oooor realistically the xenos can win if they kill the preds AND the humans....of if they kill the preds and the humans just leave them alone... :B *shrug*

x3 If you'd rather not talk about it, you shouldn't have posted in the first place

CrowRunnerSig-2.png?t=1169492759

shadowatching, Yautja, 17 years ago

for some reason i feel sorry for the xeno's i would like to see a tie with humans and yautja's for once but meh i hope its good enough for me to watch so much that i can quote and make it myself (in a way ) that it would be sad (god i am sad)

Shadowatching_02.jpg

TOTAL DISTRUCTION, I LIVE FOR NOTHING ELSE
http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

god_of_blades, Yautja, 17 years ago

For some weird reason i recon the Yuatja will win although i don't know whats going to happen and what the head count is but niether do you guys.... So i vote for the Yuatja...

Gobs_christmas_sig2.jpg
The Shadow Empire has consumed many worlds and realms now it comes for this world....

I think it will have around the same story line as AVP, Everybody will be against the aliens **poor aliens** and the preds and the humans will be more againts the aliens then each other. I hope I'm ron though.

Scarefacesigrem.png

Stalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

I hate the thought of predators being portrayed as the "good guys". Taken under careful thought, they are actually more diabolical than the aliens. Aliens are natural born killers, & extreme hostility towards other organisms is in their nature. Preds on the other hand kill for sport & honour, they take pleasure in stripping the skin from their victims, & tearing the skulls from the bodies of their lifeless prey. There is no natural drive for this action, they do it for honour, & pure enjoyment.

The only idea that was ever given that the predators weren't completely monstrous killers spawned from the clan sparing Harrigan's life at the end of Predator 2. The main reason behind letting him survive was so he could be hunted again in the future. He was formidable prey, & to kill him while he was outnumbered, surrounded, & already exhausted & wounded from his previous battle would be a wasted opportunity for another hunt in the future. The elder passed him the antique 1715 pistol as a token of respect, as it would have taken a formidable warrior to topple a predator such as Harrigan did. For some strange reason, that basic showing of respect suddenly gave everyone the idea that predators could be "good guys". Then came AVP...& we all know what happened there as a result of Predator 2's ending being looked at in the wrong light.....

Anyway, rant over, lol. As far as AVP2 is concearned, I actually have a strange feeling that the aliens are going to end up walking away from this one in better shape than the preds. Although the fact that the preds in the next movie are supposed to be, according to Ian Whyte, veteran hunters, gives me some hope that they'll be able to take a far better fight to the aliens than Scar, Celtic or Chopper did in the first movie.

thorndesignssig.jpg

the_doctor, Yautja, 17 years ago

draw. they have to make everyone happy and give no clear winner.

are you predator or prey?

http://xiv-movie.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

ash, Yautja, 17 years ago

my view if its going to be more "hardcore" i would say that aliens would probably win due to added horror because to be honest they are more scary, however look at the situation they are on earth and if the aliens did win they would infest earth making there being a slim chance of a third and not much of a story developing. It should finish with preds having aliens on board there ship to see a story with preds homeworld. However you said that preds are good, the directors know what the preds are like.

KillSwitchalien.png

avpunlimited, Yautja, 17 years ago

Predators will probably win, but I would vote for aliens.

avpunlimitedpb9.png
These warriors believe that pain is weakness leaving the body, killing some one is strength interring the body, and to DIE fighting, is an unlimited amount weakness leaving, and an unlimited amount of strength interring, the body.......

actually Crow that was a joke because im an alien fan and hate the thought of the aliens lossing , ............. get it ..... have a think

when i said realisticly the aliens cant win i was taking into account what the others said, Alien = bad guys Preds = Good guys and i doubt theyde leave us hanging , thinking i wonder if the Xenos are going to take over the planet if the Xenos beat everyone

*** Crow
Straight up mate , you have an atatude problem or a serious lack of a sense of humour ...... You dont tell me were to post and if your going to directly reply to me try to fully understand the nature of my post and what im meaning by it....your the most irritating little tit on this forum , can you try to be civil mate , your comments are niggly and draw other people into arguments and make you look inocent and other look like fools ,,, your better than no one you pathetic little child , act your bloody age and stop being so arragant

....-----------------------------

i wonder if fox hold any weight on which franchise prevails ...... lol did anyone ever hear ripleys comments on AVP?

jbfjjjhrh.png

Stalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

Crow was only making a joke m8. We've all been down this road before, so let's not start up with this again.

thorndesignssig.jpg

TITANOSAUR, Yautja, 17 years ago

I'm just gonna sit back and wait till the movie comes out to watch it. I just want to see it already. I just want to see how it turns out.

TitanosaurSig.jpgThe Hive Of The Aliens

donut, Yautja, 17 years ago

kill, werent you recently agreeing with me on msn about how childish and immature a few kiddies on this site were acting about crow because they seem to get the implication that he's better than them, just because he uses a larger vocabulary and knows how to word his sentences correctly? He's not TRYING to pick any fights, and he's not acting like he's better than anyone else, but apparently theres a few people on this site who cant seem to get that through their heads. He's one of the most mature people on this site, and i'm not saying that because i'm his girlfriend, i know this because it was one of the things about him that made him attractive in my own eyes. I think its the people who whine and bitch about him that need to grow up and just accept him because he really HASNT done anything wrong.

i'm done, no more comments from me on this issue .

but dont forget: THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

and kill you know i love you <3

DonutBanner.jpg?t=1169093994
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

Alienation, Yautja, 17 years ago

I think that the preds would win. Sure that this was a very close call between then, but I thought that aliens won in AVP, due to the predalien. Well, actually, I just used my uncle's guess.

He said that the aliens won, then he thinks that he knows that the preds will win. After that, he said that if they made AVP3, he would think that both will die.

I have a question about AVP2: Is it true that their motto is "In the city, everyone can hear you scream"?

ALienationSig.jpgI AM THE WARRIOR ALIEN OF THE HIVE
.::MESSAGEBOARD RULES::.
^click up there if new or do not want to go into trouble^

lol yeah , and i also stated that crow does nothing to help his own cause ..... im not bitching about how intellegant the guy is ..... intellegence is no exxcuse for a lack of manners, its not just that pathetic little incodent .... hes an arragant little prat to everyone on the board

And actually donut, the guys vocab isnt bigger than anyones on this board bar the non english speaking faggs , we all after all understand him

jbfjjjhrh.png