Best sci-fi concepts

Brighton, Undefined, 19 years ago

Good morning people

I have been thinking about this long and hard and I think one of the best sci-fi concepts of all time was the concept in "The Fly". although dated now in terms of visual effects the story was just amazing, complicated and yet simple at the same time.

Also I have seen a very cheap budget film called "Cube" which also had a very unique concept although terribly executed.

No matter how old the films or how cheap the budgets the most important thing for me is the idea and concept.

Is there any other good ones out there like these??

nicholaskang, Undefined, 19 years ago

alien and halloween

Alien-vs-Predator_bann1-lg.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

Dude, can you not read? I asked you to take the signature down as it's too big for the site.

I'll ask you this one last time. If i see another post by you and you still have the sig i will be forced to issue you with your fist official warning.

yep.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

yes i did but was dissapointed:)

Also the magazine in the hellicopter, It said "charles bishop pioneer of human robotics" or something like that. Nice touch

oh - plus how many of you thought that the satellite in the begining credits was the alien queen? very nice little illusion they gave us there.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Dave did you see in AVP that clip where Mr Weyland is sitting at his desk browsing through the pyrimid plans on his computer. And he has a pen in one hand doing that knife trick has he did as bishop??????

yeah - nice little shout out to aliens there, plus at the beginining in the weyland operations room you can see wolfman vs dracula on the small TV, a little homage to the VS series of old...

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

dreamcatcher was a decent movie, it held my attention for sure.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Scar_Predator, Undefined, 19 years ago

Yeah alien vs the another worm alien...

daveberg-468x60.jpg

scar not quite with you.

Also i thought that dreamcatcher was quite good that had a bit of everything also the alien in that was kinda freaky

If you got the shutter its really scare they show you pictures of ghost man....... OoO!

daveberg-468x60.jpg

I like ghost movies

daveberg-468x60.jpg

Well you can say that again

daveberg-468x60.jpg

well my personal fav of all time is halloween, the film was shot on a budget of next to nothing and is now a huge cult movie and one of the best horror films of all time, might be a little off the subject but i thought i'd put my two cents forth.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 19 years ago

Great SCI/FI concepts?
1. Alien
2. The Fly (1986)
3. John Carpenter's The Thing

“This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing out.â€Â

someone sounds chirpy today, though i guess the sun is out in london today so i should be happy i'm not freezin my nuts off...

avpdrone.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

I dont see much movies right now but .......

Darkhorse, Undefined, 19 years ago

Good morning! Happy day for me fellows<

paul anderson must have slipped up while ridley scott was kicking his teeth out...

avpdrone.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

the original star trek series. followed closely by DS9.

Here... Take it!

I watched a Sci-fi movie called Chupacabra, the concept was great, but the effects were horribly cheap. Too bad. At least the girls were hot!