Best incarnation of Ripley?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

i'd say she was in her prime in the second film, a battered, nerve wrecked woman who turns her fortunes around and stares her fears in the eye when returning to LV4-26, that was the vest portrayal of Ripleys character in my opinion.

avpdrone.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Unknown, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

I think that was so unfair that they didn't leave hicks and newt in Alien three, just killed off thier characters. That was very hard to take for me.

i agree, hicks was a fantastic character, it was a mistake to kill him off.

anotheravpsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

THEENDLESSWAR, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

Deathdrop the aliens in those movies were stupid compared to the one in AVP
If that is how the aliens will look and act in the future then no wonder she survives most of the time

well lets put things in perspective shall we mr.

dutch was as big as a bull, 6 foot 5 of pure muscle and military trained. ripley was a skinny female, trained as a warrant officer, already not quite in the same league.

second, dutch only had ONE predator to deal with. Ripley has dealt with a massive quantity of xenomorphs.

thirdly, ripley died giving her OWN life to save humanity, thats about as courageous as you can get, i dont see Dutch doing that in a hurry.

fourth, if Dutch was so supreme, why the hell didnt he get written in to the predator sequel? Ripley had character, she wasn't one dimensional, you actually felt for her, had empathy watching her go through the motions and try to fight for her life, without any training and only survival instict, she fought off the aliens, dutch, again, massive muscle bound freak, leader of a crack commando squad didnt do so well against 1 predator who even took off his armour for the battle.

evalutaion - RIPLEY RULES, DUTCH IS A WUSS.

anotheravpsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

bug-hunt, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

What's all this fuccking tie business.
you've been pushing to many pencils

bettersigtech.jpg

Been living on borrowed time so feck it if i die!

up there past them trees....
i said to my girl friend gee you've got a big pussy..... geee you've got a big pussy....she said "why did you say that twice".... i said "i didn't"

bettersigtech.jpg

CELTIC_KING, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

i think it would be funny if in avp it would of been arnie and ripley teamin up lol.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

Dave pretty much said it. And heres an idea(no offence): If you love Dutch so much, why don't YOU marry HIM? Saying "no offense" does not remove the rudeness of the comment. As stated before, you have a right to your own oppinion. SO DO I. You think the govanator could have surrvived had their been TWO preds???? He barely surrvived against one! Ripley has fought ALL KINDS OF danger and lived. She would sooner die then let some one else suffer. THIS is why I wish AVP had happened in the future. RIPLEY! Kind of like alien v predator v terminator, minus the terminator...

Everyone is insane. The ones in the nuthouse just got caught.

Iseijin, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

Hear, hear!! Hands down, Ripley owns all. What a character... Daveberg took all the points away from me but that's ok. She's the first and only female actress I admire, she just has awsome presence even when she's not trying. Even though her best acting was in the second movie, she looked the best on the third; I never thought any woman could look good with her head buzzed but Ripley (once again) pulls it off like no one could.

~ No one is taller than the last man standing ~
~ Males conquer, females rule ~

See will still like the predator films

bettersigtech.jpg

damn right donut, Ripley was as hard as nails in the second movie, put her life on the line to save newt (even though it was all for nothing as both newt and hicks died)

anotheravpsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

donut, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

i liked the second film, cause she knew what she was up against. She was a whole lot tougher too

~Fear not that your life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning~
DONUTSIG.jpg

AVPFREAK, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

have you noticed that all the good ones had ripley, and all the bad ones didn't? it was just a clone in resurrection, but i still like avp. not an entry to the franchise, just an entertaining film. if i want to watch classic horror and scifi, i'll watch the first three alien movies or the original 1954 classic "Gojira".

In this war, their shall never be a clear winner. It will go on as long as our universe exists.

shane73036.tripod.com/avp

yeah ripley was awesome in aliens. she was awesome in all alien films, though i personally like her best in alien 3. she had no faith; was completely destroyed on the inside and had nothing to live for. you just felt sorry for her, even though she still kicked major @$$.

In this war, their shall never be a clear winner. It will go on as long as our universe exists.

Unknown, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

*looks at hicks figure*

Yeah Hicks is a great character!

Here... Take it!

THEENDLESSWAR, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

Deathdrop
If u think(no offense, I respect you)that Ripley is so great then why don't u merry her.

Sure I'd be upset that my friends and loved ones died by a facehugger or exo it is just that I think she did more running then fight back in the movies.

I would like to see her face her enemies a bit more just like she did agains the Queen that is all.

true. very true deathdrop.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

THEEDLESSWAR, if you had to watch all your freinds and loved ones ripped apart by a xeno, you would probably cry too. I know I would. And whats this about "shes dumb cause she died" ?! She died after being chucked in lava. You would be dead too. Cause it is lava... See, you get tossed in lava, you die. You can't live in lava. Lava=death. YOU WILL DIE IF YOU ARE IN LAVA. Get it? Furthermore, Dutch was cheap! Here the pred took off all his armor and wepons to have a fair fight, and WAM! He gets hit with a log. Ripley went up against a bunch of different aliens and surrvived. Finally, she died. So what? Does that make her weaker? The preds and aliens die in the movies. Does that make them weak? I think not. Not a fair ment of Ripley. Don't get me wrong, your allowed to have your own oppinion, but at least try to back it up a little. I'm not trying to bash you or anything, just my oppinion.

Everyone is insane. The ones in the nuthouse just got caught.

Angus_Alien, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

I'll take Ripley over Dutch. He only had to live through one movie. Ripley, survived four... err, three I guess.

“This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing out.â€Â