Suggestions and requests thread

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

I know this sort if thing is normally created by mods , but i would have felt stupid creating a topic to request a topic

Anywho ...... maybe we could help the guys in charge of the site by offering some suggestions and whatever.

Il leave you with two suggestions and one request

Suggestion 1 : This has been slabbered about for soooooo long, even since i was here quit some time ago ..... The site needs an internal search engine installed ... it would just make life easier for everyone.. P should cetainly think about it ..... im sure its not that hard to program one

Suggestion 2 : Possibley a change in the max height of signitures on the site ... lol 90 is unreal , its so hard to work with as you can see by the quality of my current, Id like a tail in there with my head and with a 90 pixel height rule it just aint happenin ... i understand bandwith problems all to well but a 30-40 pixel increase will hardly effect the site

Individual Request : lol If this is out of order dont think twice about telling me to forget about it , i wont fell insulted .... Its just with my last account .... i made 5 truely awsome posts regarding the alien comics here .. P actually ranked me up ... i was wonderin if that could be converted to my current account .... since i did still actually make those posts ....???
And im currently still posting like a bisnatch and racking my head trying to think of alien topics for yall

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

If you haven't always been Killswitch, I can't transfer any points. I'll have to do some checking. Watch this space.

deathdrop1.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yeah i think the search engine would be good. I hate having to look through pages of topics just to find a certaint one. But how would the engine work? Would it be like

"type whole topic name"
or
"type word to search by in title of topic"?

Cause sometimes i cant remember the names of topics.

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

i have a question um in the last rpg me and hive tyrant had a huge fight i think we both like won do we get ranked up i was just wondering not trying to be a pain

new-Scarred-Yautja-12-sig.jpg

ahh , cant remember mate ..... but ive been here for soooooooooo long ... lol you and Dave werent even Mods back then lol hey do you remember the old mods lmao , i remember Dave who had just taken the other guys position (Cullen) and him argueing about that lmao wish P was here to say i told you soo now lol , i wouldnt have agreed back then but dave is living proof ....OFF TOPIC anywho

its just that when i last returned and even now ... im posting like a bisnatch , ive had some bad momments on this site ... but that dosent take away from the contributions over the years .. i havent always been killswitch in case your wondering lmao

meh , il leave it with ya GeeZA

jbfjjjhrh.png

Oh, the ranking up? I thought you said your 1st suggestion. Entirely my fault. I'll take care of it.

EDIT: Slight problem. When someone is banned, their rank is automatically set to "zero". (That's how we ban people, in fact.) So I'm afraid I can't convert the old points. Do you remember how manny there were?

deathdrop1.jpg

Take it up with P. I don't understand why we need to continue to explain that to everyone. The mods don't get a hold of him any easier than you guys.

deathdrop1.jpg

will do .....

actually mate i wasent aware that you guys couldnt rank people up ....

jbfjjjhrh.png

ash, Undefined, 17 years ago

i have a suggestion can a mod make a video topic stickied to contain videos related to alien and predator but only links not the thing straight on the thread.
Thanks Ash

KillSwitchalien.png

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yeah, increase in heights would be cool... but nothing stupid like increasing it to 95... ermm, no point in that then. But something like... at least 120 would be cool. Then I wouldn't have to try and recreate my other sigs by the size of 350 x 110 to 460 x 90. But the last time I have done that was two months ago, so whatever.

00Bloo_sig04.png
"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

bug-hunt, Undefined, 17 years ago

We had this problem before with the sig limits, people have to remember that this is an Alien and Predator fan site not a signature show off site, The size that is in force at the moment is plenty big enough, it fits in well with the forum and does not mess it up, before people took the pee and there was more links and pictures the actual words in a post response,
The idea of a search engine has been in the pipe line for some time but is down to p to code it when and if he wants too.

BughuntNewsig.jpg

an increase in height wont cause problems with the board layout , a height of 90 is hardly sufficiant, but i hear you, it is after all an avp site

jbfjjjhrh.png

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

I hear ya, Kswitch. but honestly it needs more than a search function. It would be nice to change the layout completely, and go to a proper php coded forum like the millions that are out there.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

I've got to agree there. Sperate sections would do wonders, but again, it's up to P whether he wants that or not. (plus, I hear that sort of thing is hard to code)

deathdrop1.jpg

lol , its not really mate , and id imagine with the current codes on this site ... P is quit advanced in all of that

100% ageed

jbfjjjhrh.png

It would be nice to have a php kind of forum-looking place. And I wasn't trying to deviate the idea of AVP forum to signature forum, I was just saying that a little increase in signature height would be kind of cool. I know how it was before, I've seen all the older topics and I myself have been through that in a past forum, but those past signatures were ginormous. Now we're only talking about 10 pixels more in height.

The search engine isn't needed but would be very helpful.

00Bloo_sig04.png

There would be a search engine in the Members page, and probably you would want to organize things greatly, so best thing to do would be to find all topics by one person on another search engine on the main forum page -- you know, that's why the name of the person who made the thread is there.

00Bloo_sig04.png

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Rayne, that seems quite pointless to me. To be completely honest, the current human clan, Alpha Draconis, is in desperate need of members in the first place, so there would be no sort of gain whatsoever in creating a new one.

thorndesignssig.jpg

rayne, Undefined, 17 years ago

i would like the to mack another human clan.

* couse theres 2 preds 2 aliens and 1 human so we need another* and maybe another pred clan!

raynesig.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, the actual definition of Dexterity is as follows:

"Skill in performing tasks, especially with the hands."

So, Dexterity is not so much hand-eye coordination, but moreover just one's skill with one's hands. Opening a door or climbing a ladder, as well as clawing or attacking a creature, requires only simple motor skills, and is not dexterous in the slightest. Weidling a firearm or typing on a keyboard, however, would require dexterity.

Crow-2.jpg