Kidd, Undefined, 17 years ago

"I always thought Dexterity was about Hand-and-Eye cordination, but then again, it has other meanings as well, just like you stated yesterday,"Its someone or something that is good with it's hands. I understand where you are getting at about the Attribute, like you understood me about the Cloak Attribute. It seems that I have to look into this and see what the Xeno is good at by using it's hands and I'm not gonna use the Jurassic Park theory about the Raptors,'They must have figured out a way to open doors.'
"I know that the Marines and the Predators need Dexterity, and they have multiple reasons too. Marines need it to shoot their Rifles, and to throw grenades and knives at their enemies. The Predators are the same way, they need the Dexterity to shoot their Spearguns, and throw their Glaives and Shurikens at their prey. Also another use of Dexterity to both of these races (Not used here.) are wood carving, armor making, crafting, and many other actions that requires skill with hands. Now, lets look at the Xenomorph side, they do none or not able to perform any of these things, with their hands. They mainly use there hands to grab on and hold their victims, but there is another thing about this subject. They do use their hands to attack, but that is not the point, is it? If it is not, I understand quite well where you are getting at Crow."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In the moment of action remember the value of silence and order.
-Phormio of Athens

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

I've looked into it, and... Look, there are over 100 pages worth of members. Are you sure you don't remember what your rank was? I can just move it up to that if so.

deathdrop1.jpg

lmao , honestly mate i dont know .... were talking over 2 years ago i think ..... why dont you just rank me up ... i dont know , however much you see fit

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

I keep getting a "this page cannot be found" message. It might just be my computer crapping out again, so I'll bring it up in the mod room. It'll be increased, don't worry. Sorry for all the trouble.

deathdrop1.jpg

predalienking, Undefined, 17 years ago

nope its not you dd its happened to me to i cant look at his page either oh yeah im in a fight with rayene in spar topic will i get any points ???

863866_1.jpg

THe king is hungry so make me a sandwich and do the disco like captain blarg i dont know why but my SKULLL ARMON OMBAYAIE ARMON OMBYAIE

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol i dont think so.

*grins* if anyone gets points its me. haha my post is better than your post *pokes tongue out*

http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Join this site. It's practically finished and most of the rp's have started! If you join be sure to pick a character that will reflect on yourself.

haku.jpg

ash, Undefined, 17 years ago

I want points, i made the Shadow Serpants *holds out hands for poitns* I just wanna be ACCEPTED! :P

KillSwitchalien.png

and ive been here since day 5 ,posting like a bisnatch every time lmao ..... thanks DD , look foward to getting my rank back

jbfjjjhrh.png

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I've noticed that too, Kidd -- many of the attributes seem to be in shades of gray, and their definitions are left very unclear. Take Endurance, Vitality, and Stamina for example: they are almost the same thing under certain definitions.

I've seen several confusing issues with this, especially when it comes to abilities like Dexterity and Cloak.

Dexterity usually means one's skill with one's hands, but how does that ever apply to a xenomorph in the slightest?

I've assumed Cloak to only apply to the Yautja because the older members (Such as Daveberg) have no points invested in it.

I'd also really like to see some definitions ironed out.

Crow-2.jpg

Kidd, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ok, let me correct it to make it easier to understand, for I was thinking while writing.

I suggest that you change one of the names of the Attributes which is called,'Cloak.'
No other race is able to use that attribute but the Predators. Yeah, I understand that they need it but there is another word for it, and its an action that everyone can do. It's called, Stealth.

I am not taking the Yautja ability to Cloak away from them, but more like sharing it along with others, in their own fashion. Take Grid for example, he impaled Chopper without being seen. Want another? Take Dutch, he is a SF guy, but he used stealth to attack the Predator, without being seen, and kept it guessing. See, we Humans and Xenos can be sneaky too. Now if you are asking about the yautja, they are stealthy in their own way, why do you think they have so many successful hunts? Yeah, they use their cloaks, but it's their movement that gives them away. They need to be stealthy to keep their prey from being spooked, or from seeing them.
Lately, I've seen that Attribute have not been playing a major part so it may not really matter, but I was thinking about one of the MODs methods of playing a RPG with the roll of the dice. If you pit a Predator against a Xeno, or a Human and he rolled to see what attribute will be used in the fight and that attribute is Cloak, who would win? The Yautja of course. You can look at all the members' profiles who are in a Clan and see, and when you do, you'll see that not very many Xenos and Marines invested points in Cloak like the Yautjas.

Now that I laid down my reasons why I suggested that, I'll leave it up to you all to decide, but it is the only thing that I think is fair.
Thank You. -nods-

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In the moment of action remember the value of silence and order.
-Phormio of Athens

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Just a suggestion, but maybe Dave should have the power of editing small things like that.

00Bloo_sig04.png
"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, I have a request but it's nothing new -- The 2nd In Commmands still can't edit posts. Does anyone have the resources to contact P about this? This problem has been going on for a quite a while now...

Crow-2.jpg

ash, Undefined, 17 years ago

well thats a bitch then lol well the board seems more active at the moment though :P

KillSwitchalien.png

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

DD if you had trouble finding how many points Kill had i very well remember it being 30. His profile now has a period in it so it messes with the profile page.

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

As for the php coded forum mention on the first page, perhaps it'd be an idea to have the forum on a dif site (but still about avp2.com), this'd leave more bandwitdth or whatever for the main info part of the site, and you'd be able to get a much more sophisticated forum in place much easier.

I reccomend proboards or invisionfree.

DBSigII.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Invisionfree... like the idea...

00Bloo_sig04.png
"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

I dunnno how it would work out. If someone could explain then i would understand. but it just seems too confusing to have 2 sites. i dont like the idea, but i will listen to explinations.

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

meh , oh and actually my last accout had been boosted to thirty as a result of 1 post ... my comic correlation .. that account lasted 5 days before Katam slugged me ...... but i had other ranked accounts ... its awkward since the first point you get seem easier to get than later ..... aka , il leave it with ya all

as for the idea about invision .. dont know .. google avp on proboards or invision .. theres actually loads of sites , the fact that we have an official URL is special .. we could sort the board and keep it here

jbfjjjhrh.png

predalienking, Undefined, 17 years ago

i want points

863866_1.jpg

THe king is hungry so make me a sandwich and do the disco like captain blarg i dont know why but my SKULLL ARMON OMBAYAIE ARMON OMBYAIE and moofles