Frog alien idea

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Okay, i already posted this in clan room but i wanted to see what everyone else would think, well your about to get a little bit about something i like haha, then i'll get to the point but anyway:

I LOVE Frogs! back in germany i had many many pet frogs in my room and in my basement, and i love them and i have some here at matt's house as well, and well i love aliens and frogs so much that i cant help but imagin them as one creature...

now i get to the avp point, also i hope this dosnt fall into the crossover catagory...

anyways, i had the idea to have sort of an alien that could extend its inner jaw really really far like a frog, and could jump farther than the others, and it could maybe shoot little poison dart kinda things like the poison dart frogs from the jungle, i dont know its just an idea, tell me whatcha think. =D

predatoress, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol Crow, I said that as a joke 'cos we were joking around with it at school. See, 'cos dragon would have 3 pairs of limbs it couldn't be a reptile or mammal or bird 'cos of the analogical birth of limbs (or was it homological, either way, I learn things in Finnish, damn it!!! lol).

In real I think they would be classified as one of their own group. But like I said, it was just a joke *taps on the back*.

Good to see though that someone actually owns brains and can make arguments with me lol 99% of people usually gets lost when I open my mouth.

new-Predess-sig.jpg

Kill them. All of them.

Silling frog if carater is frog alien i hope for wil smal Runner and jump very far like predalien i know frog alien is (Silling frog make now carater i hope mods like it

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am proud Warrior predalien of Hive try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva

Hmm this seems to have gone awfully of topic, lol, but anyway, i would like to know if i could use a frog-like alien in the RPGs if the mods could let me know that would be great :).

i'm not going to get into this whole fire walking thing because i dont know anything about it, lol.

i agree with Crow wow

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am proud Warrior predalien of Hive try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva

Well, most reptiles live in hot regions, or in regions with constant tempretures, to keep balance of their body heat... And there are people who can walk on hot stuff, so why not repyiles?

From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

On the contrary, reptiles live anywhere with a somewhat warm climate. They can exist in the desert, where temperatues plummet below freezing after nightfall, but they must hide beneath the sands or beneath objects in order to maintain their body heat.

People can walk on hot coals because the skin on their feet have been toughed through years of practice. Some of them are still burned, but they are able to carry out such a task with a practice of mind over manner.

Reptiles and other cold-blooded organisms do not move over flames because it is still fatal to them, just as it is for people. You must keep proportions in mind: what may seem a coal for a human could be a boulder for a reptile. Furthermore, if a cold-blooded organism is exposed to too much heat, their metabolic rate accelerates too quickly, their internal systems fail, and they die.

Because cold-blooded animals do not regulate their internal body temperatures, their body temperature is essentially that of their environment. If they were to immerse themselves in flame, their body temperature would meet that same temperature, and they would die. Warm-blooded animals can regulate their temperature, and when exposed to hot climates they can cool themselves down before their systems fail and they die in a similiar manner.
855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Once again, how acidic one's blood is does not hold any relation to body temperature or whether or not an organism is warm or cold blooded. Being acidic is NOT a measurement of heat. Acid breaks down and eats away through materials through a chemical reaction, not a thermal one.

Furthermore, being warm or cold blooded does not effect how an organism is affected by fire. If you set a cold-blooded organism on fire it will burn and die just as quickly as a warm-blooded one would. "Cold-blooded" only means that the organism's internal temperature is regulated by the temperature of its environment. In short, "cold-blooded" is just an expression. It does not mean their blood is actually cold.

The thickness of one's hide does influence how quickly one is effected by fire, but whether or not an organism is warm or cold blooded is not.

Salamanders were, by legend, believed to be immune to fire because they appeared to always be moist or wet. This was because they are unable to live in dry climates, and consequently dwelled beneath rocks or other objects where their moisture could be retained.

855989_3.jpg

Hey, actually, a dragon would have to be extremely colb blooded, to be able to resist breathing fire!!! Why do you think there is a legend about salamanders being imune to fire??? Because, at some point, they were able to survive by runing right through some fire or something really hot. And it didn`t last long, but it IS an old legend, so it must have been stunning for that time. The reptiles` body overheats slower because of the cold blood and the thick skin... But aliens don`t have cold blood, they have acid and the reason they can resist high heats is the exoskelleton... And that eventually burns out...

Skystalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Alrite, all in favor of starting an Alien Vs Predator College with Crow as either the dean or head professor say "aye". Actually i would tend to agree with crow on this one, it is good to have an imagination and since as he stated (which of course is too much for me to post here) it is almost impossible for a xeno to be able to breathe fire.

Skystalker_02.jpg

Disdaining fortune with his brandished steel
Which smoked with bloody execution

Please Read and Follow The Forum Rules.

FireHunter, we were talking about Inferno Alien's concept, which is, in essence, identical to your own. I am not trying to criticize anyone's character, but fire breathing and being immune to fire is an extreme concept. To prove my point, I have read over your xenomorph's profile and have provided the information which makes such a concept as extreme as it is.

-This is for constructive purposes only. I am not trying to offend anyone, nor am I trying to create any sort of trouble.-

The first thing I would like to tackle is that predaliens are not immune to fire. They are just like any other xenomorph.

Xenomorph DNA would not be acquired and assimilated by biting or consuming an embryo. Rather, anyone who bit a facehugger's implantation tube would instead recieve a very nasty burn from the facehugger's acidic blood and would digest the xenomorph embryo/fetus, breaking down its genetic code and makeup for raw nutrients. No DNA would be merged with the a consumer, it would essentially be the same as eating a hamburger.

Additionally, even after being exposed to xenomorph DNA, a creature would not suddenly gain the ability to spit venom after being wounded by a poisonous organism. To spit venom, a creature needs a special pair of glands to produce, store, and release said toxin. Even then, a wound to the leg would never bestow any organism with the ability to transfer venom because it must be synthesized by the organism-- a process which could never be acquired through being injected with poison. Rather, a poisonous wound to the leg would most likely ail, hinder, or kill the individual, and nothing more.

To acquire the capability to spit venom, a xenomorph would have to have been spawned from something already in possession of that ability. Even then, there is a chance that it would not recieve that trait.

Finally, being shot in the mouth with a flare would never grant a creature the ability to breathe fire. A flare is an inorganic object, which produces an intense amount of heat and light. Neither heat nor light can be assimiliated by an organism, xenomorph or not, and any individual shot with one there would experience an extremely nasty burn and probably be unable to taste anything for around a month. Even still, being capable of producing fire would, once again, require a set of glands to produce reactive chemicals which, when combined, would combust and produce heat energy. Being shot in the mouth by a flare does not produce either the glands nor the chemical synthesis to create these components. It would also never create an immunity to fire.

To put it simply, there is no real way for any character to gain the ability to breathe fire. Xenomorphs (Predaliens included) do not breathe to begin with, and there is no organism on this planet that can produce fire on its own. The closest thing to that would be the Bombardier Beetle.

I do not mean to insult or offend anyone, but the things which compose a fire-breathing creature are nearly impossible and highly confusing...it's a good example of an extreme concept. Once again, I am not trying to upset anyone, I am merely backing up my statement that being able to breathe fire or being immune to fire are both very extreme adaptations.

However, I would be more than happy to help you and any other individuals that want heat-related xenomorphs / predaliens make more probable and practical characters...I still have a few tricks up my proverbial sleeves.

*sigh* Okay. Zoology. Right. Dragons would most likely either fit into a new genus of their own or be classified as reptiles. Insects are classified by their number of legs, the possession of an exoskeleton, and their overall biological structuring, such as their circulatory and respiratory systems. Furthermore, if we are counting wings, a typical insect possesses 8 appendages, not six.

A dragon, as far-off as it can be, is more reptillian than insectile. Given, it would not be cold-blooded, but a "common" dragon possesses scales, a tail, is quadrupedal, and produces eggs, not live offspring. It is much more similiar to a reptile than an insect. However, as I have said, it would not fit into the category comfortably, and would most likely create its own niche.

As for the frog-spawned xenomorph, I could certainly see how it would take longer for a chestburster to develop within such a creature, especially due to the fact that amphibians are cold-blooded and possess a slowly-moving circulatory system and a rather slow metabolism, which in turn means that it would take much longer for the chestburster to gain the necessary nutrients to grow.

855989_3.jpg

Thare were flying reptiles befor raptors evolved into birds, but they did only have 2 feet and 2 wings that were also arms... Like Quetzaquatl or the pterodactyles... or somthin like that... and they weren`t birds.

predatoress, Undefined, 17 years ago

I love this idea already 'cos to be honest, it sounds so crazy lol

But I think frogs are wibble bit too small to facehug...

OT: You know, if dragons would be real they would be classified with our recent system as bugs 'cos they have 6 limbs lol And if we admit that birds are one line in evolution then there isn't reptiles 'cos they belong to the same line o.O

Biology is confusing...

new-Predess-sig.jpg

Kill them. All of them.

Well the first RPG i play in i could play the most part of it as a chestburtster trying to escape from the fighting long enough to grow into an adult, and have to be almost constantly running from enemies.

Oh and Stalker, i thought the face hugger got onto a dog, not an ox, but you said special edition which i havnt seen so that must be something from just the special edition.

FireHunter, Undefined, 17 years ago

crow,you're making me sad{}~{}i like fire breathing things,i've loved dragons since i was three,so please dont go criticising me with my fire-breathing,i'm a predalien,there immune to fire,right?()_()

If war is such hell, why does man enjoy it so much?
â€â€Homer Kellogi, Explorer, 2821mattspicturebm.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

If a facehugger did indeed manage to latch onto a frog, the chestburster would more than likely develop into an adult at a much slower rate. In the Special Edition of A3, the runner reached maturity quite quickly from the time it bursted from it's host, as at the time of it's "birthing" it emerged as a young adult, more or less a chestburster in the more advanced stages of it's life cycle, ready to emerge as a fully-grown adult Alien.

Part of the reason why it emerged at that stage was because of the increased amount of room that the burster had to develop & grow inside of it's host (the ox), in comparison to a Human for example. Considering the small size of a frog, I imagine that it would take longer than usual for the creature to reach maturity, although the final outcome would probably be quite interesting.

thorndesignssig.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Maybe, but that's [highly] unlikely. And just a reminder, edit the post.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

Maybe, just maybe the queen can lay smaller chestbursters just to fit that purpose. So that Facehuggers could facehug smaller creatures.

868194_1.jpg

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

and maybe she could make them bigger too.

868194_1.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, what would be the fun of RPing if there wasn't the option of customization, hmm? Some already know that my Xeno is almost 100% Machina*, created by an unknown human gathering. Anyway, mix-species are cool. Besides, we go by things that are canon in movies, right? In RPGs, we go by that. But technically, RPG threads aren't movies. Therefor, the right of hybrid usage should be legal.

Machina* (Mock-In-Uhh)= Living machines built of high superiority, mainly for combat. Hearing that it's from FFX, it may sound stupid, but the idea of the Machina seem non-fictional in a way.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Well here is what i was thinking, maybe on some other planet there was some larger form of wild frog, or, i have gone to a zoo and seen a frog that was almost 2x the size of a normal facehugger when fully grown. and the acid secretion i could do without, just have a sort of long jumping xeno with inner jaw that can extend about 3x as long a normal one, and it has special hearing sensory glands on its head sort of like the ears sticking up on the frogs head, which allows the xeno to also hear its prey as well as seeing it using its normal sensory organs. its weaknesses would probly be the same as any other alien as well as losing its legs, or the sensory organs ontop of its head. this is what i would use if i was allowed to use a frog alien in the RPGs...

src=http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/Navyspaz09/SizzleFrogSig.jpg>