Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, I suppose that is where the line must be drawn...designing a race and then making a xenomorph to spawn from it is obviously very extreme, and would not be accepted.

However, if a large enough frog could be located and used, I suppose some aspects could be taken...of course, it would be much easier if another poisonous animal were to be used.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well if people start making their own types, and morphing into that type of Xenomorph.

Some peoples imagination might get kinda big, like infernos... and it might ruin the RPG or we might have to stop it and correct them.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

Myes, as I said earlier, it would have to be a really, REALLY big frog lol

I personally don't quite understand the rules involving Xenomorphs in the RPs, and to be honest I disregard them to a degree: Xenomorphs are adaptable and can vary to no end depending on what host they acquire. In all technicality we ARE using xenomorphs from the films, just with different hosts.

855989_3.jpg

Yea but the Mods say we go by whats in the movie, Even tho there can be a frog alien.

And something that confuses me...

How do you facehug a frog? Very tiny host, the facehugger is like 5x as big.

No room for a chestburster, I think the frog alien would be kinda...little.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

That is true...but this "frog alien" really is, in essence, just a xenomorph which emerged from a frog. It might have a couple appropriate traits which point to its heritage, but in essence he is not adding anything new to the xenomorph race. He is simply picking a host.

Fire breathing and immunity to fire is obviously an absurd set of abilities to have, but to my knowledge, of a frog xenomorph were to be made with less extreme attributes, it would be just fine.

Besides, I have seen some extreme creations on here which have been deemed suitable for the RPs...for example, Predatoress.

I, too, am trying to get ahold of a new xenomorph concept...I redesigned the Newborn to a much more suitable appearance, and I am still waiting on Dave's (or P's) approval to use it in an RP. What he is asking really isn't any more extreme than my own request :/

855989_3.jpg

Well you can customize your Xenomorph, It can be skinny, big, tall, fast, light armored, two tails, spikes in certain places, different colors, etc.

But I don't think we should be adding different types of Characthers like that, Just use what we got.

Cos Inferno Alien was asking if he could be a fire breathing alien that is immuned to fire, if we allow any ones ideas they will think they can do it too.

I would just rather stick with what we got, you can better visualize what the alien looks like, the frog alien, im pretty sure everyone veiws it in their head differently.

I don't really know how it looks like.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

Well, contrary to what Navy is saying, the xenomorphs in the RPs are very customizable. Some of the better xenomorphs in the RPs right now are very, very different than those from the films. Take Drenton's xenomorph for example: his is enhanced by cybernetics and robotic parts, and naturally exudes poison from its claws.

Xenomorphs take attributes of any host which they acquire, so a frog xenomorph would be entirely canon, given that a large enough frog could be attained. If I can RP with a xenomorph spawned from a bird, why can't he use a frog?

(Assuming, of course, that you don't go entirely overboard on the special abilities...acid secretion might be a little much...after all, if it did that, then how could it ever exist within a xenomorph hive?)

855989_3.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Poison Dart Frogs aren't called that because they shoot poison darts, lol, they were given the name because tribal hunters used to rub the poison from the frog's body onto the tips of their arrows & spears, so when they hit their prey, they would poison them & bring them down faster.

I personally don't like the idea of a frog-alien much myself. Although how a facehugger would be able to latch onto a frog to create one in the first place is beyond me, lol.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

As I said before, I think it's an odd idea that nobody would take seriously. It would also be hard to pull off in a scary or believable style.
But that isn't to say it isn't creative and clever. It is, and those are two qualities recent sci/fi films have been sorely missing.

00Alien_sig01.png

Well we go by whats in the movies, so we can't start using Frog Aliens in the RPG's.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

But, of course, it's an interesting idea. If done right, and make it deadlier than the frog mini-boss in the 64-bit Zelda games (trust me, those things are creepy-looking mother f*ckers) together with some unimaginable attributes, this thing could be called more than a Frog Alien.

Sorry, I'm sleepy. I hope this post made sense.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i like idea of frog alien in RPG i think smal like Runner i dont know i hope Sittling frog can as frog alien (you Crow Bloo)is very good idea i like it

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am proud Warrior predalien of Hive try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well lately i have been attemptimg to draw what i think it would look like, but without much success, i have trouble drawing regular aliens already! but if i can get somewere with it i'll try to post up a picture of what i think it would look like. Also, there a few kinds of frogs and toads that are big enough for the face hugger to latch itself on...

EDIT: oh and about the poison dart frog, i ment that like the alien had like acid secreating from tiny glands on the outside of its body so if you made any attept to stab it or hit it with something, the object would melt, instead of only melting if it pierced the exo-skeleton...

Ehe *scratches head* Sorry...Zoology major, I tend to get carried away.

Anywhoo, back on topic, I'm sure that you could use it, but just to be safe I would hold off until you get the approval of the mods, and, if you can, Daveberg's as well.

I need to put my concept up on the main thread for approval as well, actually...

855989_3.jpg

scar774, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think she should be able to use it, not just because she lives with me either lol. I've seen the way she draws it and it dosnt look cartoonish at all its really cool actually, hopefully we can find some way to get it posted up on here. it dosnt look much like a frog except for the 2 bumps on its head and it still dosnt look like a frog! its really cool, the mods should let her use it, it is nothing too drastic, its legal.

do you know the muffin man?....... i ate him, so GET TO DA CHOPPA scar774.png

src=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f259/ezgraphic/scarsig.jpg>