Chopper's Armblades and other stuff

black_warrior, Yautja, 17 years ago

I know some of you are going to say "it was just a mess up in the movie" but how do you think Chopper got the armblades in the first place. i thought those would be like a weapon of honor or something like reserved for elders.

EDIT: titled edited so conversation could go farther than just armblades.

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Stalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

ok black, but it's gonna cost ya $19.95 a minute, lol

TheStalker.jpg

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

No, it was not a mess up in the movie. One would think that Chopppper was actually a Blooded Predator watching over the other two. I doubt that very highly. Maybe he was different somehow.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

well Chopper did have human skulls which showed that he had been on other hunts.

And i may not be making since but in Predator2 City Hunter had an alien skull before he had the human ones. So that may make chopper blooded. although the watching over thing wouldnt make since because preds honor would probably go against being saved by another pred. You know like "your not good enough" kinda thing.

BWsig.jpg

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 17 years ago

yeah but maby he wouldnt have saved them

mabey just reported back...for whatever reason

Xeno_Slayer.jpg hunters moon
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

hajou3, Yautja, 17 years ago

Maybe chopper was there to make sure that the alien hive didnt get out of control, and maybe to guide scar and celtic.

Hajou3.jpg
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

The only thing in space that can hear you scream is the thing making you scream... Me
The Forum Rules

Unknown, Yautja, 17 years ago

honesty i think that chopper was a blooded because the human skulls show that he was in previous hunts and maybe it was the first for celtic and scar

scarredyautja12sig.jpg

AVSP, Yautja, 17 years ago

he could get the human skulls from the humans on the ice. he didn't have a mark on the head. so i don't think he was blooded and celtic was in front and chopper was weak, scar was much stronger. wristblades are only on one arm so maybe all of them have that armblade but never used it. accept chopper.

AVSP.jpg

Stalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

I severely doubt there was a deeper meaning behind the armblades, Anderson probably just thought that they'd be a cool weapon. The question begs then, why put a cool weapon in a movie if the character dies before he gets to use it?

TheStalker.jpg

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

If that was the case, that was very stupid and question-leaving. And no, to answer that one City Hunter question. Did you not notice the other skulls, not to mention that skull with the spinal cord, and without the spinal cord? And according to the Blooding Ritual, they are supposed to have an Alien skull before a human one. I have no idea to why Chopper had, like, one or three of them.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

im think Chopper was a blooded predator looking over the unbloods and thats y Grid went after him first becuz he was the most dangerous

R.I.P. Kevin Peter Hall
scarfacecory.jpg

And according to the Blooding Ritual, they are supposed to have an Alien skull before a human one.

see that proves what i am trying to say. Chopper was blooded.

what would choppers purpose in the hunt be if he was just watching them? saving them wouldnt be good because this was Celtic and $car's first hunt.

that is like you playing a video game and when you are about to lose someone takes it from you and then beats it and gives it back.

BWsig.jpg

Anderson stated somewere, in response to I-think-it-was-the-person-who-played-Lex in the commentary, who pointed out that they look like children skulls or somthing, but infact that they were from intergalectic apes. Yeah, highly threatening.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

Jed-Chrizt, Yautja, 17 years ago

Grid went after Chopper because he was the most dangerous melee predator there. If Grid went head on w/ Gill (Chopper) he would have lost the fight. Now replace Celtic for Gill, as the first kill, Chopper will pick up with Celtic's death and go after Grid. Grid wouldn't be able to out-last him, in terms of melee. Those armblades are insane, at close range that can tear anything from limb to limb.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

agree with Cory copper predator was Blooded save Guard two other unblooded predators Gird take down copper frist most arm pred of clan you know arm Blade

in space no one can Hear you scream

in the book there are originally five preds gill/chopper could of been blooded but i doubt that.

in a commentary i heard somthing interesting that the preds in 1 and 2 were youngsters and the preds in avp were teen ( as we all know) but meh.

There is all this talk about Grid going after Chopper puposefully. I doubt it. Grid went after Chopper, because Chopper was distracted. Not because Chopper was "t3h ultimate ninja predz lulz", be because he was simply the most vunerable.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

OTANG, Yautja, 17 years ago

-(Bloo)-
2006-06-27 17:49:39

'No, it was not a mess up in the movie. One would think that Chopppper was actually a Blooded Predator watching over the other two.'

i have screenshots that prove 'Chopper' had human skulls on his gear. if you look at the scene when he is thrown to the ground and slides into a the wall, there are two human-looking skulls set on two combi-sticks or similar looking equipment.

i have publically questioned their appearence in the movie. or it was just a mess up, who knows.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Jed-Chrizt, Yautja, 17 years ago

Chopper was just among the group of 3 predators. He messed up, he got distracted, he IS the only one with the armblades, Celtic and Scar have it only in the figures for 'style'. Besides, the AVP Alien's are overpowered, an xenomorph's tail doesn't support that tail strength, nor is it THAT long... (Check out 'Alien attacks Predator' figure) Alot of errors in AVP, almost non-canonical errors.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

God dammit! Those skulls were child/monkey sized! No decent predator would kill a child. It goes against predator ethics. So unless they were migit skulls, then I need solid proof from at least Anderson. Anyway, Anderson said that he thought that humans were hunted before Aliens, meaning that in his dilluded predator universe, Chopper wasn't blooded. I'm not mad, I'm just saying I really really doubt that he was blooded.

Drenton.jpg

OTANG, Yautja, 17 years ago

settle down drenton. Anyone trying to convince others by whinning and falling to the floor crying in a trantum will convince no one.
you must not be looking at right ones. i'm not talking about the ones hanging on his chest. i will post the screen shot when i get home.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules