when the chestburster grow into ca 2 meters high
where does it get all that mass from?
cell-replication?

THE ALIEN PLOUGE:
WE ARE BOURNE WHEN ONE OF YOURS DIES.
WE ARE A LIVING DISASTER.
WE ARE THE APOCALYPSE FROM SPACE!!!!!!

Topdogg, Undefined, 19 years ago

kinda got ya, the preds have to prve them selves to the elders before they get the acid proof armour and when there hunting hives they are fully armoured but when its just hunting aliens for fun and r not blooded they only get a set limit?

topdogg.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

ok heheh - i've got an answer for that too - the preds that go on the hunt for their 'rites of passage' are not allowed to hunt the aliens with acid proof armour or be equiped with full weaponry, originally the preds were meant to have controlled the breeding of the queen so only a set amount of aliens were born, thus having none of the more powerfull weapons the preds could prove themselves to the elders and become 'blooded' hunters. when the preds go from world to world to hunt the HIVES they go down fully armoured with full weaponry. phew, my brain is fried.

daveberg.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

yea, you should be proud!

THE ALIEN PLOUGE:

hmm no dave ur not a geek this is a hobby and u should know alot a bout a hobby i know alot about preds but its coming here and seeing other poeples points and what they know i get puzzled sometimes but u can answer most questions which is a good thing, but if the knives made of alien bone then y didnt they make the rest of the gear from it? after hunting them all these years and the penny still aint dropped i find funny just think of all the weapons they go through after each one gets burnt

topdogg.jpg

yeah i reckon it would have had to have been acid proof - the novel says the dagger the preds use are made from alien bone which is obviously resistant to the acid, so its possible they could have used the same method. i look back at my posts sometimes and think 'damn, i know far too much, i must be an alien geek' better get myself down the pub and redeem myself!!

daveberg.jpg

when they injeted her wouldnt the needle burn in the acid or is it acid proof as they must have done this many times before?

topdogg.jpg

but that queen was frozen in ice betwen those 100 years.

THE ALIEN PLOUGE:

she was frozen to keep her dormant - to stop her breeding. once they defrosted her they injected her with chemicals to speed up her rate of reproduction. (as stated in the avp novel)

daveberg.jpg

afternoon geeza, i'm all good. another dull day at work, half asleep here. i reckon thats a plausable theory TD, though preds can hunt in the cloder months coz that mesh on their bodies is used for heating the preds. (was in the avp novel) but i'm sure you get more than one hunting pack come to earth from time to time.

daveberg.jpg

comon dave! you sure know that!!!

THE ALIEN PLOUGE:

what i dont like though is veronica cartwrights (lambert) interview stating the aliens change colour from chestburster to adult because they are 'bruising' she said the life cycle of an alien was so short thats why the need to reproduce is so strong with the xenomorphs. what a load of fraff. thsoe eggs on acheron had been there for god knows how many years and we're all still intact.

daveberg.jpg

not sure but would assume its the same as humans but alot faster like when ur born ur only little then u grow up over years and u a big boy but they grow f ing fast

topdogg.jpg

that is indeed true.

daveberg.jpg

Bootydaddy, Undefined, 19 years ago

If we can't by the speed of the birth of Aliens, I think they actually could out numbered any other species in this universe...!

well just take into account the size of a baby at birth to the siz of a fully grown man - only difference is we take years to develop whereas the aliens higher metabolic rate drastically increases their rate of growth, the acid that flows through the alien body is used as fuel for the alien which also increases groth rate - also answers the question of the aliens being able to go for prolonged time spans without food.

daveberg.jpg

See ya Dave.

Im the first (prototype) Alien Drone......I didnt come from the queen I was made in a lab by the jockeys,but Im still part of the hive...I just dont go by the orders of the queen.

right loads i gotta go now, be back on later.

daveberg.jpg

only the blooded preds can go on hunts fully armoured - teenage preds have to prove themselves before they go on full hunts by killing a single alien as they are classed as the ultimate prey. hope i'm making sense my haed is about to explode!! heheh.

daveberg.jpg

sup dave how's it goin mate?, in the pred movies they dont exatly say this but preds hunt during the summers when its hot do u think that diff packs of preds hunt at the same time but at diff locations on earth and when they blow the out of everthing in avp do they come back to re-build everthing??

topdogg.jpg

the preds hunt every 100 years at the pyramid in AVP - the queen had been ther for that long. plus creatures that can live in space and under water are obviously more resiliant to most things humans are, time i'm sure, being one of them.

daveberg.jpg