Aliens: how big can they really get?

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

you guys and gals think Aliens can get bigger than the ones in the film?

TitanosaurSig.jpg
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens
I destroyed stuff... it was cool!

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

But the warriors had a couple of weeks, maybe even months, which in my opinion, is a good time to see their height.

Drenton.jpg
Zombie to English/english to zombie translator http://www.siddhant.name/games/ud/english2zombie.html

i think the bigest a alien can get(drone) is prolly the size the first alien was cuz it was left in that ship for a few days and it showed its size

R.I.P. Kevin Peter Hall
scarfacecory.jpg
"A f***ing ALIEN!"

I really think they get bigger than we're giving them credit for.

TitanosaurSig.jpg

no they do not the stay the sane sizes

d.a.

hajou3, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

maybe they do maybe they dont, in alien the hole in the jockey(i think it was a hole from a chestburster) didnt take up most of the jockeys chest(that is if im remembering correctly) so maybe they have a set size that they can be at the most or something

Hajou3.jpg
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

in the movies they tend to get smaller rather than bigger.

anywho. I really doubt they can really be only one size. I'm not talking about groth as in how tall they'll grow in a few years. I mean how big they get in terms of hosts. meaning if the host was big does the alien get big?

TitanosaurSig.jpg

no it does not mater how big they get they will stay the same sizes but the queen

d.a.

hajou3, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Who knows thell probably make another alien movie with like an anchient queen thats 100 feet tall. (and the jockeys or whatever they are probably had like a super queen or sometin, or they might make a movie showing the very first queen which would probably be the biggest one)

Hajou3.jpg
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

hmmm I bet they can get bigger... hosts can help this idea. bigger the host bigger the alien.

right?

TitanosaurSig.jpg

not realy only the queen can get that big

d.a.

Hive_Tyrant, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Well i think they get bigger bigger depending on the host eg:when a facehugger goes on a dog or something fast it becomes a runner wich runs on all fours (alien in alien 3), if the alien comes out of a marine it becomes a warrior wich is a little bigger than a drone,wich could just come out of a cavillian, and the alien that could be the "spare" (looks just like the queen but half of the real queen's size so its like a queen in training) queen if the real queen dies. and there are these other 2 aliens that the "spare" queen alien can turn into, I can't remember their names but I know what they look like,(and or they can do) the 1st one is an alien that scatters the queen's eggs through out the area,and the 2nd (my personal favorite) is an alien with a real big syth on each arm for hands, and has blades all over it's body, and can kill a regular soldier in one blow!!! thats all the faqs i have right now.

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

well dude i think you are taking these from the games. most likely AvP: Extinction. The "halfsized queen" would be a praetorian. movies only really count as canon information, games sometimes just have made up aliens to make more money and stuff.

Drones come from any host, and with time and experience turn into Warriors. Runners and Predaliens are still drones and the same thing applies to them. If the Queen dies then a drone or warrior can turn a host into an egg and then it will release a facehugger that produces a queen chestburster. and that turns into a full grown queen.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Crocodiles grow for their entire lives? As in "they don't stop growing until they die"? Could be the case with Xenos, although the Xenos from Aliens were alive for several weeks with no visible size increase.

deathdrop1.jpg

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

well DD i think those are some kinds or maybe all Snakes that dont stop growing until they die. but that would be interesting if aliens did that.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Yes Warriors grow slightly bigger than the Drones, but remember that it was only days that the Warriors mutated into their new look, maybe not even 72 hours. Every Drone we see in the movies is only alive for about 1 day to 2 days and a few hours added.

And I thought crocodiles were meant to grow larger but slowly in their lifetimes...

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Don't take that to heart; I'm not positive as to weather it's true or not.

On a related note, I've had this vision in my head of a 100+ year old Alien with all it's features exagerated(10 feet tall, vertebrea on back are longer and sharper, head is ultra-detailed, etc.) I always picture it on top of one of the buildings on Fiorina 161 during a sunset, for some reason.

deathdrop1.jpg

Hive_Tyrant, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

when ever i typed "half sized queen alien" the word praetorian always popped into my head.And black warrior i thought the alien would be a certain speaciece depending on the host. And i thought the praetorian was the one that turned into a queen if the queen died. and if a warrior, runner, and predalien are drones how come they look different?and it would be awsome if the different aliens in avp extinction were in a movie.

Wow.. DD, that is a awsome picture you put in my mind.

"if the alien comes out of a marine it becomes a warrior wich is a little bigger than a drone,wich could just come out of a cavillian"

Tyrant, Why would a burster from a Marine grow larger than a burster from a civillian? I don't think that Warriors and Drones are completely different broods. Look at how many warriors there were in Aliens. No way were there that many marines there.

" and if a warrior, runner, and predalien are drones how come they look different"

Because they come from different hosts. They are drone, but seperated by hosts. A warrior is merely an older human birthed drone.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Well not even that, Drenton, a warrior is just an older drone in general, which leads to a fact which I find to be so intriguing: Xenomorphs have no real "normal" form. So far the majority of the xenomorphs which we have witnessed are human-spawned because humans played a role in the films, but that does not make human-spawned xenomorphs the most common type out there.

In other areas of the fictional universe there could very well be another set of organisms being terrorized by xenomorphs, and those drones would look entirely different and still be considered the most common to the invaded populace.

This also leads me to believe that there is no set size limit for a xenomorph. If it gets a big enough host, assuming that the sheer size would be beneficial for the xenomorph, the chestburster would adopt the genetic coding to make itself that large. Of course, xenomorphs are typically stealthy, so this wouldn't exactly be a very common incident, but it could happen given the right scenario.

So, to put it simply, xenomorphs really do live up to their name: they are just "alien forms," with no set common appearance aside from the basic xenomorph structuring. ^_^ So cool.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

Voltage-3000, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

the queen was big as a dinosaur so uh well i think thats the ultimate size