Do Aliens have genders????

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

one thing I always wondered is do aliens have genders?
what do you folk think? BTW keep it clean.

TitanosaurSig.jpg
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens
I destroyed stuff... it was cool!

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Yea...I just saw that on his website...creepy...

Well, I guess that definitely reinforces the position on genders...I've seen Giger draw xenomorphs with both female and male...erm...figures now, so I guess that just proves my point that they do have different genders. After all, you can't get more canon than the creator of the original xenomorph.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

siliconsara, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Well, H.R. Giger has drawn the Aliens in sexual situations with human women. He has potrayed the male drones with penises and testicles similar to human males, and using his inner mouth for, uhh, things

You can buy specially prepared prints of these drawings for around 1,000 dollars.

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

my theorie is there all femail. in the macing of the movies the producers refere to the aliens as bugs. so if you look at real life bugs that live in hives or colanies such as bees and ants hives consist of 1 queen obveosly femail and all of her off spring in antns and bees all of thees ofspring are strile femails with the abilaty to only repraduce if and when the queen dies in order to sustain the colany.

fore reproduction i beleev the queen taces the genetic material needed to repraduce and fertalise her eggs from whoever or whatever was her birth hoast. meening there is no need fore mails atall. but thats just my lital theory.

Backinaction.jpg

Iseijin, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

My World Literature professor, Mr. Darmer, has actually met Giger in person while they were attending an academy together in eastern europe. He had no idea this guy he had coffee with was actually the creator of the Alien until he actually showed him stekches. Mr. Darmer totally stroked my ego when I showed him some of my paintings (not pics I have drawn for websites, but a more sophisticated gallery show) and he said that my style is very similar to Giger's. So very honored.

Iseijin.jpg

there is only one female in the hive it is the queen

d.a.

hyroglphsarenice, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

1 word hermaphradites. if they were bred to be perfect they defeinitly would be able to change for what the hive needed at the specific time. i mean if frogs can do it why not xenomorphs?

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Heheh, Shadow and Crow, I think something went wrong there. Anyway, yeah, I agree Crow, it would make sense that way. Damn it's like either you, Stalker, Dave or some other person knows the answer all the time. Or at least something close to what would be a sensible answer.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

TheHunter, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i say all male and one queen or genderless and one girl the queen

you are in my world now...

...That's not what I said at all...

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

i think same as Bloo and Crow aliens ar only males

in space no one can Hear you scream

No one can really say for sure...I personally believe that they do have genders, but remain sterile for the majority of their lifespans. While males develop into warriors and compete to become alpha male, the females remain as drones save for the queen.

However, the females are all capable of producing facehuggers with resin and a suitable host, but they only do so if they are too few in number. If there are enough drones, the dominant drone undergoes a metamorphosis using the same resin produced to develop eggs but, by not introducing outside hosts, oversaturates its own genetic code and ascends to the level of a queen.

It is also obvious that aliens need to have genders in order to produce eggs without as many mutations. If you recall, in Alien: Resurrection the xenomorphs produced by the queen were still relatively normal. This would not be possible from such a mutated queen unless there were a male xenomorph (aka the alpha xeno) to introduce its own chromosomes and diminish the mutation rate.

45324912.jpg

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The regular Aliens (Drones, Warriors, Facehuggers, that stuff) are supposedly genderless, whilst the Queens, Empresses and the two Mothers were supposedly female. As for the Newborn, she was female.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

beh, I thought that the makers said that they had none. Your theory is some what like another person's. They belive that drones such as the one in the first film are males, diven from the hive at maturity, and the queen stops the warriors (females) from being able to produce like naked mole rats can't, A.K.A secreting some stuff into the passages that the warriors go through alot. But I still belive that they have no genders, as they would have no need of them.

Drenton.jpg
Zombie to English/english to zombie translator http://www.siddhant.name/games/ud/english2zombie.html

Iether that or there both male and female.

TitanosaurSig.jpg

hajou3, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i think that they are all either female or male if there are genders because the queen is the only alien that can reproduce, so id think that thered be no need for a 2 sex communitie for the aliens.

Hajou3.jpg
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

ok. Well, now my opinion has changed. When I went to his site a couple of months ago, did'nt find that. Now, I see it.

I think that Giger is still alive. He was born 1940, so he's about 66.

Drenton.jpg
Zombie to English/english to zombie translator http://www.siddhant.name/games/ud/english2zombie.html

god_of_blades, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I agree with CROW, but what he is describing is an ant, wasp, bee or termite nest.

The Black Dragon has been unleashed.

his site gave me nightmares. hey uh what ever happend to H.R. GIGER anywho?
sorry for goin of topic.

TitanosaurSig.jpg

ormr, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

well the qeene does mate asexualy so i thing not

superxinyang, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

i think there is