FireHunter, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

ormr, first of all, WHO LOOKS THROUGH OLD TOPICS AND BUMPS THEM UP?
and second, QUEEN, not qeen(e) look it up in a dictionary.
Third, this topic is two years old, you should not have posted in it, but then again, it's a true fact, the queen DOES reproduce asexually.
Mods, please help me, sorry for off-topicness.
I'll get on to the topic now....
Drones are probably all sterile females, whilst in the absence of a queen, they will fight eachother and the last alien standing gets to become leader of the hive.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Actually, if the Queen of a hive dies, one of the Aliens, most likely the alpha, captures a host worthy of becoming the egg that would hold the Superfacehugger.

Tiberius, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I just believe that the Hive is basicly like a bee hive, it all works the same (All honey bee larvae are fed some royal jelly for the first few days after hatching but only queen larvae are fed on it exclusively.) As a result of the difference in diet, the queen will develop into a sexually mature female. it may work on that logic.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

here is the quick waqy to say it. THEY ALL CAN LAY EGGS. IF A QUEEN DIES ONE EVLOVES> SO NO THAIR ISNT THAIR BISEXUAL

kurtster, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

i think they do have genders but most of them are probely female

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I stand by what Crow said. He's the biology expert here, ja?

After all, Xenomorph society, as we have seen, is very similar to say, wasps and ants. There are even types of wasps that DO lay thier babies inside live prey, and then the prey eats thier way out when born.

But, as Crow said, we know Drones can make eggs, and therefore must be female. Since the warriors seemingly do not, perhaps they are male. The Queen's gender is obvious.

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

wow. this topic is still goin?

Aliena, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I THINK ......... MOST LIKELY..........DONT KNOW

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I THINK..... SAY SOMETHING.... OR SHUT UP....

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

maybe Aliens are capable of changing sex. like certain frogs do. but only to make a queen.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Just because they make eggs doesn't mean they're female. Consider male seahorses...

I don't know what they define genders by, but regardless of that, since they don't need any type of fecundation from another xenomorph, i'd say all of them are hermaphrodites.

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

The Queen has a big slong that plops out eggs.

The_Hunter, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Aliens are A sexual, I read it in some thread on here. They only pick one to be a female and that female produces. Whether or not they speak to each other in their own language, or one just turns in to that said female.

You mean asexual, not A sexual. And i sai hermaphrodites because lone drones can make eggs too, and since as far as we know it doesn't take a male to fecundate the queen, they must be hermaphrodites. Unless the egg sometimes gets fecundated after it was layed. Because we know that the chicken's eggs evolve even if they haven't been fecundated, only they won't be holding an embryo inside, they'll just be a huge cell that tastes good when cooked.

ashfill, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

they are like ants or bees

lilwrek, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

no their is no gender if the queen lays egg the male aliens dont have sex the queen just grows and then makes egg my making the egg sack by her self!!! play the game and read the books and read the avp makers queen facts!!

"no their is no gender (...) the male aliens dont have sex" wat