Predator swords

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

ive heard of predators using sword...the predator2 elder even had one but do predator make their own swords with the own metal and what not? if you have any pictures,plz show me.

.jpg
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 18 years ago

I don't remember seeing that sword anywhere.. but then again, i haven't seen P2 in a while.. or do you mean that "dagger" like weapon?

---------------------------
.::Frozen::Alien::.

00FA_sig02.PNG

navyspaz, Undefined, 18 years ago

yea he got it from someone he killed before I guess, but I disagree with abunch of Predators using swords as weapons, their gear is way more high tech. not a very predish weapon, I disagree with predators using Swords, I can understand keeping a sword from someone they killed, but they dont use them.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.:Navyspaz Forum:.

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

here's a pic (it's of a toy though) of a sword pretty much identical to the one the elder had in predator 2: http://www.nurple.com/modelkits/images/Predator-model-kit.jpg

Swords, to me, seem a quite likely weapon that preds would use in hunts, the only one we have seen so far has been a much more stylised, machete-like weapon, so at least it is keeping it's distance from the double-edged style swords weilded by medievil knights & the like

stalker.jpg

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yeah, I agree with Stalk here. In my mind swords would be more effective and deadly weapons than eg wristblades cos you can use it with both hands and use it to protect your whole body in fighting. Or well, I'm just in love with them so lol

ForHonor.jpg

Would you love a monsterman, could you understand beauty of the beast?

cool picture.one thing i gotta say is that predators use their tec to keep themselves alive...not as weapons..swords would be good weapons i think for them just ive never seen ones they actualy made.predators from what i know use blade type weapons that they need to use their strength for the most part.

.jpg

Yea I agree with Stalker and Predatoress ( sorry if I spelled that wrong). The sword does seem like a weapon which preds would use and its defintaly more effective then wristblades after all I should know. I use a sword well katana but same thing. Anyways the sword is a real weapon that the preds would use. I just can't remember where I had the really good facts bout where they use it except for in the original pred 2 script.

DragonSigy.jpg

Fear death for I am the reaper

CuteFaceHugger, Undefined, 18 years ago

well i think spears are better for hunts you can throw it and the predators spears can go out and it for easy handling and spears have two sides so you can hit faster and wrist blades are like there swords but wrist blades have one thing you cant lose them but i think yall saw the mauler{i hope i spelled that right MAll-ER is how it sounds}

but he might have had a sword the predators have so maney wepawns

CuteFaceHuggersStalkerSig.jpg
MessageBoard Rules

Proud to be of The Hive

I dissagree with Predators using swords for fighting, their not very scary looking, and not jagged. Wristblades extend for whenever you need them... and are jagged better for ripping threw people. I think a Pred looks stupid with a sword. but oh well thats just my oppinion.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg

I actually quite like the predator's swords, the one the elder had in pred 2 was bad@$$, it would be great to see them in action. The double-edged swords don't do much for me though, but as long as it doesn't come to that then all's good

stalker.jpg

Bootydaddy, Undefined, 18 years ago

Emmmmmm, how about heavy weapon like Cleaver Axe or Warhammer...?

The master pred is back!

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

Dunno about those, in my mind swords are more sophisticated and would fit to pred better. But why not, they are individuo I could think of them having individual weaponry, including hammers, if some of 'em would prefer them.

ForHonor.jpg

Would you love a monsterman, could you understand beauty of the beast?

a hammer, of any sort, really doesn't seem like a weapon that a pred would use to me, doesn't seem like an effective hunting weapon, plus I just can't imagine a pred using a hammer as a weapon. An axe is in the same barrell, an unlikely pred weapon in my opinion

stalker.jpg

Parai, Undefined, 18 years ago

If you played AVP extincton and gotten to the last mission as the predators, there will be an ancint or elder that uses swords. or was it a pare of daggers.

All aliens will die! I might as well kill them.

I can understand the Nuke Carriers or the Ancients with those swords, they look Pred like, like they were designed by Preds, and that Pred in Pred2 had that from someone he killed, he wouldnt fight with it, like that old timey pistol, he gave it to harrigan, he wasnt gonna use it, it was more of a trophy. but those Swords like Ancients have on Extinction are oddly Pred looking :) Preds are supposed to have Unknown weapons that they made them selfs, and if swords arent in the movies then we cant have them in RPG's, Ive seen people wanting them in RPG's. cos remember on Pred2, that dart that was completley unknown to them and weight almost nothing, I could kinda understand really freaky looking swords Predish looking, not Knight swords or a Katana, Katana would look really stupid... the swords from the Ancients on extinction have a hook like thing on the sword, and I think they have plasma in them to make gashes bigger.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

Parai. you said that elder looked like he had 2 swords on AVP: Extinction.

you know when i zoomed in on him he looked like he was bringing his wrists up to hit things. and they looked alot like Armblades to me. just my opinion.

blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"It is not the way you die that makes you a hero, it is the way you live."

i think they do use swords.all weapons that they use are like medevil times stuff.in extintion i think they r swords.in the comic book bad blood the pred use's a sword throught all 4 bad blood comics.if any one whats to see avp comics go to darkhorse.com :)

Cloaked_Hunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

What about a pair of twin sickle's lol, soz for the spellin lol...

CH.jpg

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

have to agree with Stalk, Predess and Dragon on the first page, but Navy, you said they wouldnt use them, in P2, when the elder came up, and used the targeting things, he pulled out the sword in a position that looked like he was gonna use it, cause if not, y have it out

~EDIT~

plus Navy, the weapons dont have to look cool

HPEnhanced.jpg

~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~SELF-TRAINED WARRIOR OF BALATU~

The spear tip came from a spear gun, so if arent allowed to use 'em, then we should. I fwe can, then ignore the first bit of my post.

I'd imagine Preds using somthing more like a Scimitar than a sword.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

I dont want them to look cook, I just would like them to look like a Predator weapon, like a jagged sword or something diff then swords that humans have. cos I havent seen one weapon from Predators that humans have had. except for spear.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg