Alien sickness #3

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

NOW PPL I WANT MATURE OPINNIONS OF THIS QUESTION OF MINE, NOT ARGUING WEATHER OR NOT ALIENS ARE BETTER THAN PREDS OR SOME OTHER NONSENSE!

Copied from earlier topics:

Referring to the former discussion germs actually can get sick too. There are viruses called bacterif@gis (spelling, I just know it in Finnish) which infect bacteria. So even aliens would be considered as germs they could get sick. But their life cycle points at they are in fact living things, not mechanic or virus kinda things. Well in fact comparing aliens to virus' is interesting cos viruses spreads it's own DNA to the host cell and aliens does that other way round. But I've understood the facehugger places an embryo into the host, so that would point to actual living things as well. If not, we could ask what is the basis of xenomorphs, is the creatures we see just some mutations from the hosts and the actual 'alien' would be something what would just affect on genes? Then you could say aliens don't get sick but as far as I've understood the thing the creatures are xenos, and most of their DNA is their own but they have some adaptations what have been taken from their hosts.

& now we would need dave in here to answer my question rofl

predatoressweb.jpg

The servant and the observer of Balatu

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

My initial answeer would be "no" as they have acid for blood. This would theoretically counter any KNOWN deasese. Still, there could be sicknesses that can harm aliens, just very rare ones.

deathdrop1.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

omg more logs for the fire. im gonna have to take action if this keeps up

Image hosting by Photobucket
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

I know it's not the best idea, Otang, but you and me can handle any that get's started. First sign of anything and this baby is locked.

deathdrop1.jpg

lol well actually I want the answer to the question what is actually the alien, a philosophic question, now that I once had a heureka phenomenon you're putting it down. It's a question I want to discuss about, and it circles around the sickness subject.

predatoressweb.jpg

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

Copied from earlier topic-

My idea: You dont have to eat to get sick, like allergies and stuff like that are airborn sicknesses(spelling?). But what i think is that aliens would turn a sickness into a helpful kind of thing, like if an alien got sick then it could "throw up" and maybe turn that into hive webbing. Or if that is true then it could make itself sick to make webbing. Just a thought

Could my idea happen? i think i heard of an animal that does something like that, but i cant remember though.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board
"It is not the way you die that makes you a hero, it is the way you live."

Well I don't get that idea rofl Maybe someone can explain it a bit more but yeah, in my mind there are things like getting immune to the bug, get the resistance to the whole hive, maybe evaluate and create a symbiosis with them and starting to use the bugs as part of their defence, lets say like infect the air with deadly virus when harmed or something like that. Life is full of possibilities.

predatoressweb.jpg

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

sure they are bees, wasps, soem birds use fluids to build nests, catepillars, and pretty much any insect that builds a nest or a home from scratch uses regergitated fluids as building materials

Image hosting by Photobucket
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Yep thanx Otang i knew you'd get the idea.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

navyspaz, Undefined, 18 years ago

well its just an oppinioin, and no one start fights about it :\ My oppinion is even tho they have acid blood they can still get sick...

EDIT: Wasn't the queen sick when she had the newborn?

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.:Navyspaz Forum:.

I think she was just going through a change caused by the DNA she picked up off the ripley clone. She somehow took the trait to have children the human way instead of laying eggs. (not a fight just sayin)

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

Navy, she was just exuasted from the labor.

Drenton.jpg

AJ4LIFE, Undefined, 18 years ago

thats a very good question but its like asking is the alien dead if it pops out of a dead person, i doubt it there would be more cases of it, there is no sick aliens in comic, and 1 of them muat ahve come from a sick person

Well i think aliens do not get sick because they are a metalic life form and if they do get sick it would be very hard.

Predators i think will get sick from time to time because they are humaniod but they are like reptiles so it would be very hard for them to catch a cold ect.

Simple but affective.lol.

Katam.jpg

.:Messageboard Rules:.

navyspaz, Undefined, 18 years ago

I agree ^ Any animal can get sick, It doesnt matter if it has acid blood I think.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.:Navyspaz Forum:.

If an alien came out of a really sick human. Like someone with hereditory cancer, (caused by incorrections in the gene code), would the alien inherit those incorrections and then in turn have the disease? sorry if that seems stupid, i was just wondering while we're talking bout sick aliens

This space for lease

HiD^^ i asked that same question a long while back, i said if the host had AIDS or something like that would the alien that came out of him have the same disease? i think otang replied no but maybe with all this talk the answer could have changed.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

CuteFaceHugger, Undefined, 18 years ago

look eneny thing that is alive can get sick no matter what aliens preators humans facehuggers elephants all gets sick this post has been posted 4 times mabey we dont need to post it again

CuteFaceHuggersStalkerSig.jpg
MessageBoard Rules

Proud to be of The Hive

Maybe that's not something you need to worry about. Everything ON EARTH can get sick.

deathdrop1.jpg

Actually I don't know if viruses can get 'sick'. But on the other hand they don't count them in the living fauna so... lol And comparing aliens to them gives an interesting point of view.

predatoressweb.jpg

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

AJ4LIFE, Undefined, 18 years ago

can plants get ill, i know it dosent seem to have anything to do with the subject but work with me i have a thery

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg