Question to all the mods

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

how come this site is going down hill eh? back when i joined in 2004 it was the best place i loved coming to this site but now how come everybody is leaving like katam and a few others i mean like WTF what happened how did this happen?

[url=http://www.putfile.com][/url]

Kidd, Undefined, 18 years ago

For my time on this site, we've been talking about the samething over and over again but that is ok, because the new members need to know about things on AvP.

Yeah, I can see the site is goin hope it'll come back up.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

I defenantly have to agree, usually, a new thread means that somebody has a question regarding aliens/predators, but most of us know all the stuff we need to know & don't really have anymore questions to ask, or the fact that it may be very hard to think up a new topic (I haven't been able to think of any interesting new threads to post for ages). But even a simple chat about AVP, even if it may be just quoting a line from one of the films, or talking about a scene, could be enough to help get the board back on track.

Part of reason for the lack of quality threads & discussions in my opinion is the inability to just start a convo with any member, u have to post in an already existent topic, without deviating from that topic too much (unless the topic already has a sufficient amount of posts to confirm the question of the thread starter), one good feature would be a chat topic, there is one in balatu, & it has been extremely successful, an official chat thread on the main board would help liven things up, without detracting from the main board, as even though the chat thread is there, we still usually get plenty of new topics in balatu. I know this has been suggested before, but I ask that the mods at least consider this idea, it could prove very fruitful for the board

stalker.jpg

navyspaz, Undefined, 18 years ago

I know !!!! =( im so sad now, I wish Katam didnt leave =( hes my favorite person on the site, and CuteFaceHuggers favorite. =( i hope he comes back =( *sniff sniff*

new enhanced sig for me
Member of the Balatu Clan.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

It's because people are bored. Hell i'm bored here. The topics don't offer anything to challenge peoples minds, no offence to any of the youngsters but this place is full of kids, when i started here years ago, the crowd was older, there was more intelligent conversation, people used to debate for hours and have extremely in depth chats.

Just doesn't happen anymore, we have nothing but poor topics and members who can barely put words together the right way round.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

well since alot of people left, when you sign in, should we make there a age limit, like have to be over 18, or over 13, something like that?
or is it possible ? =(
I cant remember where, but i saw a 9 year old on this site =l

new enhanced sig for me

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Over 13 would be nice - and a spell checker would do wonders as well.......

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

but if someone does make the age limit over 13, dont make it you sign in, and you have to check in the box im over 13, everyone does it, no matter what age. ive seen so many kids under 13 with a myspace. make it before you sign in, you enter your date of birth, and when they enter it, if its to young, it sry, you cant sign up orr something, just not a check in the box if your over 13.

new enhanced sig for me

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

Look, the fact is, this board has few regular members, lame topics, constant spam, and several other problems. If people would try to make decent topics, we wouldn't have this problem.

deathdrop1.jpg

making a Age Limit would help =( and a spell check, if you could do it.
I'll try to make more better topics, then just what would you do in this position, and what do you like better.

new enhanced sig for me

predalien_64, Undefined, 18 years ago

I try to check my spelling before i post and I’m 17, as i said before in another topic i agree with you Dave and DD... For all members pleas check you're spelling (with Microsoft word or a generic spell checker) and sorry if my post have been low quality.

24200030516.jpg

Predalien of the Shadow Serpents

Navyspaz u no longer need to be sad im here dude and here to stay.

My acsidental provoced actions were unneeded here and if i left i have seen how badly the site takes it so there for me and harrigan are going to work as a team to raise the site to its platue again were it shall stay for gd.

We have sorted our diffrences out and are now freinds no more fighting. :D

Katam.jpg
liquidaffiliate.jpg
Messageboard Rules.

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

this is all funny especially since the mods are soemhow being blamed for stuff. what a farse. read our posts and read everyone else's post and see what you can notice.

otangmodsig2.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

KATAM !!! =D you back =D
On Topic,
I dont have a problem with misspelling words, i dont use clorel word perfect or microsoft to check it, but i read it a second time or go over it to check spelling =D its a habit to Capitalize my I's.

new enhanced sig for me

Katam i am happy you ar back on site :)

Daemon how makes Trophy out of men

Red_Machine, Undefined, 18 years ago

Same here, Katam. Welcome back!

I always use proper grammar when I'm writing, even on text messages (once in a blue moon, lol). I think we should reboot the site (to get rid of all the spam), if that's possible, and get back on track.

redmachine4ux.png

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

Wayaa, I don't check my spelling with any program but I read my posts 3 times, maybe more lol I think I should use some program tho but since people have understood me I haven't seen that something what I would need. Plus I'm lazy so... lol

I hope all the good things for you mods. I know it's hard to keep up and go the site's up and downs and being blamed on everything, trying to solve the arguements and delete the spam. But praetorian have created a great site, and you people have created a good conversation over AvP, I would almost say that you guys have created a culture. At least I feel being connected now more than ever to people over the seas 'cos there are so much in common.

I just hope people have the guts to stay, maybe by keeping a pause. At least I'm not done yet lol The RPG experience was great and I... Want... More lol

Canyouhandlethehybrid.gif

The servant and the observer of Balatu

The Hunters forum

World of Predators forum

Nick_Kang_20, Undefined, 18 years ago

I have heard people blaming the mods for many things but the mods aren't responsible for the fact that some dumbpammers will come and screw about and then new people sign up and don't post. Also some of us do have lives offline and there are plenty of other forums out there not that this site stinks but then even when topics which are intelligent here they are spammed up in less than a day.
Halloween Logo re-created by Nick

the problem dosant lie with the mods or with the young members. its becaus the conversations are so restricted to AVP every thing worth talking about has alraidy been done. thus most not all most of the ppl on just start ither posting spam or realy laim topics cose that have been done before so they dont lift off.

the sight would probably livan up fore a week or 2 if a new alien / pred / AVP movie came out. but after a while again the sight would be like it is now.

about my spelling i cant help it im dislixic, and the problem with a spell chec on a pc is u have to no roughly how the word is spelt to use 1

Balatuclansig6Mavrick.jpg

what about shortcuts? example
jk
lol
btw
ttyl
and instead of you, u. ?
I dont type like that im just wondering

new enhanced sig for me

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

I think everyone understands them but the problem is misspelling when you have no idea what's the point. But yeah it would be nice if people would use full words. (I don't know what ttyl is even I must've heard that somewhere lol)

Canyouhandlethehybrid.gif

The servant and the observer of Balatu

The Hunters forum

World of Predators forum