SIG BAN IS NOW IN EFFECT!.........

bug-hunt, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

As from right now all signatures that are being used on this site will have to be removed from further posts, NO one is to post with a signature until further notice!.......this is all due to the high volume of spam and space that is taken up with the issues of sigs....this is an Alien and Predator fan site and we need to get it back on track fast. The only people that will be able to use there sigs will be the mods to show new people and in some cases old members who is who on the site. This decision has come about with a group discussion with all 5 mods. There will be a day of leeway so people can have the chance to remove them from there profile, if people then choose not to remove them and carry on posting with them there will be no warnings just instant banishment from the site.
There is scope in the future to have sigs back on the site when people can behave them self's but will start off on a lot smaller size than those that are currently in use.
Have a nice day. :)

bug-sig-thing.jpg
Bug-Renders

daveberg, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

Sorry Angus, all sigs on this site are to be removed today, if not, banishment will occur. This is due to the fact far too many people are totally obbsessed with sigs. We have gone through and deleted absolutely tons of spam concerning the subject, it ends today. This site is not about graphics or sigs, it's about AVP, we want to get people back talking about that, not this on going waffle about sigs.

As for txt signatures, yours is fine EJJR, some of the others on here with tons of writing below, they are to be removed as well.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Just to clarify, this is a complete lock down on all signature images, you guys had your chances to cut down on the amount of posts/topics being made on the subject. This is NOT a signature request forum nor a Signature display/ graphics forum, in terms of having them on here, they were intialised to differentiate between members, but you people insisted on going over board.

This will take effect IMEDITAELY

You have approximately ONE DAY to remove sigs, non-compliance will result in you being BANNED without question.

Again, out most sincere appologies to all who have helped us and who stand by us in moderating this board, but we need to get back to basics and stop this ridiculous on going spam affair. Hope you all understand.

This is not permanent, just untill you guys can learn to follow the rules and make life easier for everyone else.

Think of this as a test, from this we can actually find out just who reads our ruling properly and those who seem to have problems following instruction.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

celtic102, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

i think it is a bummer about the sig thing cause last night i finally got the gimp working and found out how to get them the right size oh well i can wait for as long as it takes for people to learn (it includes me cause i brought a wrong sig size on) and it is a good idea for just the mods to have them then the new people will know how important u are :-).......
thanks for teaching me a lesson....

The best saved for last...

Unknown, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

no problem bro because me my self have start to become sick of all the sig sh!t yes they are good but people try to keep it down it is stupid they are just pic's nothing else

im not saying i dont like tem ye they are cool but they were only brought to the site to tell the differnce between people but yet some idiots came to the site and collected them you only need one not 12 million

Exactly, thanks for your support katam.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Unknown, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

well dave im glad that some one has taken aktion and yes im also anoyed with the sig thing but i can live with out it it is only a pic and because of this little pic the site has gone hey wire so if you wont my opinion dave and this is for the site get rid of sigs alto gether that is my oppinion bexcause yes they are cool yes they are fun to make and yes i like them but still it has caused alot of problems plus dave is right this is an avp site and no graphic site so in the end yes i would like them to come back but only if it does not cause as much problems

and it is all down to people like shazuipredalien(sry for yousing your name).and that is all he came on for.....sigs.

I'm well aware the sig makers on here will be annoyed, hell i'm annoyed it even had to come to this but, it just would not stop, we gave out warning after warning but still, nobody took it on board. This is for the good of the site, for those of you who are old skool on here like myself, you'll know what i mean, this site has been a shadow of it's former self thanks to sig involvement, and untill people can sort themselves out, it's gonna have to remain that way i'm afraid.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Quinn, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

god damit you explained that so well i was just getting ready to jump in screeming double standerd over and over........

"This time the B!tch Is Back"

No we're not removing ours, i think as mods we're responsible enough to have ours set at the correct height and width and to not waffle on about sigs every five mins, untill everyon can learn that this is not a damn graphics forum then the sigs won't be coming back on.

When people get back to the grass roots of this site then the sigs will return, but only if people cut out all the constant spamming.

We understand that this doesn't apply to everyone on here, but the five of us are sick to our stomachs of repeatng the rules time and time again to members who just refuse to listen. This was the most effective solution and, as i stated, is already working....for now.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Quinn, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

well i dont go on anyother chat sites, and just one more question are you removing your sigs?

"This time the B!tch Is Back"

Quinn, do you not understand that this site was completely obsessed with signatures, this site is NOT for graphics, it's about AVP, if you lot wanna make sigs then go do it on another forum, makes no odds to me, the point is, this was brought in because of the abundance of people not sharp enough to follow our rulings on sig sizes and sig spam, on and on it went, so in the end, we are forced to take drastic action to wake you guys up. Yes it effects everyone and it is a bum deal but it's the only way we coudl get people to listen - already it is working - one day without sigs and everyone was talking about aliens and predators again - not 'can i have a sig?' 'who wants a sig?' 'look at this sig'

All we ask is that all members remove their sigs by today at the latest, or we will remove you, no matter who you are.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

there is nothing wrong with you still makeing sigs you will have to find another site to show them off.

bug-sig-thing.jpg
Bug-Renders

what i will do is resize your old one for you (new sig size to be confirmed)if it looks funny or does not fit i'll do another one for you.

bug-red-sky-sig.jpg
Bug-Renders

I don't care if people hate me on this site avier, i don't care about people not backing us over the restrictions, the only ones who don't back us are probably not intelligent enough to understand we are trying to make the site better and not worse. If they don't like it, then they can go else where. I'm going to talk to Praetorian and get him to put a block on all new incoming members just like he did before, then perhaps we can get back to normal.

Avier - it will be sad to see you go my friend, i myself have toyed with the idea of leaving this place as people just can't seem to engage their brains and follow instruction. Thank you so much for understanding, you are a valid member in my eyes.

We are in debt to those of you who are behind us in our current desicion, i'm sure many of the elder members will not find problem in this and realise that this (for the time being) is in the best interests of the site.

For those of you who love making sigs, i suggest finding a nice graphics forum to display your work, there's plenty of them out there, myself and bughunt use one frequently.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Much appreciated docter, another nod to a respected memeber.

The more backing we get, the easier it will become for us to put things right, already the board is going back to discussions involving aliens and predators, it's so refreshing not to have to warn people about sig spam/sig size blah blah blah.

If all goes well and the board stays like this then sigs will be brought back, but only if people agree to follow the rulings on them.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

well im with u guys 100% if it has to come to this to stop ppl screwing up the forum then so be it at first i thourght it was harsh but then i relaized how much spam there would be from ppl wanting sigs it seems like so much trouble from such a small thing as a sig.

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

Avier7777, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

I cant believe this.

Dave, DD, BH, k20 I'm so sorry for what is happening to the site. I look at all these WORTHLESS posts and realize its over.

I look in my clan and cant even see them backing the mods. They are all ed becuase of the restrictions. My loyalitys are to the Mods, I like my clan but they dont all back you.

The amount of noobs posting like "Whats a penis" is sickening. Its like they are trying to ruin the site. I feel bad for the amount of work you guys put into the site, and now I see a couple people supporting you.

I agree with EVERYTHING you have done. But its just not enough. I see more and more , and these kids trying to enforce the rules when they shouldnt be rying to force it on others, but do it themselves. Sayiing "Oh, I'm sorry, do you want me to help now?" is annoying. These hipocrits are saying they will help and keep others in line when they cant even keep themselves in line.

Maybe if everyone focused on themselves it would be better, but everyone wants to get on the Mods "good side" so they dont get a warning or banned.

So I've decided on something. I'm taking a break, I'm gonna not come back for a while. I will not be particpating in the RPG. Angus may want to remove me from Shadow Serpents. I'll be back in a month or so. Hope it gets better.

~Avier7777

--
My mommy always told me there were no monsters, no real ones, but there are

royal_praetorian, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

what a holes scewing it up for others

the war must go on until one side remanes, and one falls.

Bug will resize it for you, Shouldn't be a problem.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Once the ban is lifted then we will stipulate new sig sizes, to put it simply - if you guys aren't intelligent enough to have your sigs at the correct size, we will subsequently ban sigs again and you may find yourself being removed yourself.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders