Everyone should really read this, Predator Alien Comparison

K20A2, Undefined, 18 years ago

Predator Xenomorph Comparison

Ok all of you guys asking the same question over and over and over etc etc etc etc again. Did that drive the nail in? This is for all of you who ask, who is stronger who is faster who is this that and everything else, and more importantly who is better? Well this is your guide to that use this and it will help granted this is only a brief summary not a complete detailed analysis of the two combatants. But first, But first I have to comment on this topic that has really been over discussed by all of the newer members, sorry guys but this needs to be lol. And if you don’t read this please read the next paragraph it will get us started…

TECHNOLOGY- Ok guys this is like a fly buzzing in my ear this is how utterly mind boggling this question is to me. I can answer this in one fell swoop. Wait what’s that lol the aliens have the natural advantage by a long shot. YES YOU HEARD ME RIGHT THEY HAVE A ADVANTAGE NOT ONLY A ADVANTAGE BUT A RIDICULOUSLY HUGE ADVANTAGE. But, but wait what’s that lets think this out some more lol this is fun hehe. Yes the Xenos have a greater advantage but don’t completely count a Predator out just yet. And to get that read the rest of this and you will obviously form your own opinion but I hope this helps yall out some, oh and this is my 2 personal cents, you would be a fool not to bet on a Xeno against a Pred with no weapons or tech, but a Pred is more than capable of killing a Xeno with no weapons. Now my friends please read what I have provided for you below thanks guys and I cant wait to hear what yall think.

Aliens vs. Predators...Predators vs. Aliens one of the best match ups in recent history between two of the most terrifying Hollywood creatures ever.

Lets get the obvious out of the way. As I am sure you all know I am a avid Predator fan and yes I do favor them over the aliens. I am also aware that the Alien fans do out number us Predator fans, and again I love them Aliens so it is not like I hate them. But in this comparison will be completely down the middle of the road. I will not put more favor on one species over the other if I do please let me know and point it out thanks dudes.

Well let’s get down to business shall we. Lets start with the Aliens cause I know that there are more of you out there.

ALIENS

Aliens in a brief summary are the perfect killing machines. No emotion, no fear, and pound for pound probably the most brutal creature ever created. Your most notable features again going back to what I originally said is no emotion, no fear, your shear speed, your cunning, and super durability.

NO EMOTION-Probably your greatest asset. With no emotion you don't care what happens to you or your comrades. You care about two things only. The protection of the hive and to kill anything in your path. There is not a bunch of room for error in your ability to kill just about whatever you want. The fact that Aliens have no emotion is their greatest strength and their greatest weakness. Emotion is a powerful thing. It has the ability to change the course of many things including a fight or a battle. Aliens don't get emotional when they are about to lose a fight or are caught in a fatal situation. They continue as they have from the very beginning. Thusly you will not try harder when you are fighting a losing battle, which in many of times can help you win. This is not to say that the Aliens don't try harder they don't have the same array of emotion to help them fight harder to win a fight as the Predators do.

NO FEAR-This is almost the exact same as no emotion because fear is a emotion. The fact that you have no fear is a thing all warriors desire to have. But few attain. You can charge into battle head on and not worry about losing. All that matters is if you kill and kill you will until you die or win. There is not really much else to say other than the fact that no fear can lead to some choices that are not very smart like overestimating yourself or not compensating for a situation in the fight. Again, this is more of a advantage than disadvantage.

SPEED- In my opinion there is no doubt that the Aliens are faster than the predators. But I also believe that it is not a tortoise and hare comparison either. Aliens are faster yes but not by a huge margin, but there is a pretty big margin there. But nonetheless, just being a little faster can make a huge difference. It is said that speed matters more in a fight than power. This is true in some cases but no all, but it is certain that speed is never a disadvantage. It can only be a advantage. Aliens can run and jump better than Predators. But I know some of you out there are thinking they have better reflexes too. Not the case reflexes are determined by perception rather than speed. Also speed does play a critical role in reflexes. Reflexes are the ability to react to something that you perceive as a threat or of an interest. To sum it up speed is definitely a big advantage on the Aliens side.

CUNNING-This one is a little harder to comment on because cunning is not something seen as easily as any of the other characteristics. In my opinion both Aliens and Predators are incredibly cunning. Their is no doubt but I believe the Preds have the upper hand here. This is not to say that a Alien can out perform a Predator in this area. Just generally speaking the Predators are naturally better at this.

DURABLITIY- Holy can Aliens take a beating and keep on coming. But lets put this into perspective. Lets use Grid from AVP on this one shall we? Grid was smashed into walls, had his head smashed into more than one pillar, and among others. Then there was the drone that Lex killed with Scars combstick. It keep on kicking and fighting for a pretty long time. But then again if you look at Aliens the marines bullets literally tore them apart. So this is a little harder to judge. So lets stick to AVP Aliens. Aliens are just like the Energizer Bunny they keep going and going and going, etc...But as we saw a Predator (Scar) easily cut a Aliens head in half. But again, as I am sure all the Pred and Alien Fans recall Danny Glover shot the Pred what like 4 times at extremely close range with a 12-gauge shotgun, and it survived yes it was hurt but it was still able to kick @ss. This is more of a toss up and it is hard to judge, so I wont say who is more durable.

Told you guys this would be long and I am only half done...LOL...ugh ok lets continue.

PREDATORS

Know for the Predators they are without a question the greatest hunters and most advance race in the universe as it is presented to us in the AVP universe. They are powerful, quickness/reflexes, honorable, and incredibly skillful/trained with their weapons and fighting techniques.

POWER-Ok just so we avoid any arguments these comparisons are between a Predator and a Drone. I am not referencing other spices of Alien unless it has something to do with what I am talking about. Back to the Predators strength. I don't know how you all are going to take this but Predators hands down are stronger than Aliens. To show this in the scene where Lex and Scar are chaining the Queen to the large steel container. Scar single-handed pulls the Queen in to help chain her to the structure. And I know you are think well she had his combstick through her head yes but nonetheless he did pull her in and I am confident a Alien could not do this. So my opinion, which I am confident most of you will agree on, is that Predators are stronger than Aliens.

REFLEXES/QUICKNESS- Again to get this out of the way you can be fast but not be quick and vice versa. Quickness and reflexes are essentially the same thing. As stated before reflexes and quickness is more a matter of perception or the ability to see things coming at you before it happens and yes speed does play a pivotal role in this. Predators are very fast, much faster than humans but not nearly as fast as Aliens. This plays into the arena that the Predators have a clear mind not one filled with chaos like the Aliens. A clearer mind is able to make better decisions and compensate for situation in battle better than a chaotic mind. But who I am I to say yes the Predators and Aliens are both incredibly quick. But I think the Predators are a little and again it is not by a lot that they are quicker. Because of the perception that is involved. Moving on...

Honor-I can't tell you how many times I have heard someone say honor is a weakness. Which is not true at all. However it can be one because it will stop you from taking appropriate measures to win the fight. This was best seen in the fight between Celtic Predator and Grid. Aliens attack relentlessly, and this is where the honor is a disadvantage because they want the fight to be as fair as possible. They allow the enemy to regroup just as Celtic did many times with Grid. But honor teaches you to respect your enemy and if you respect them then you have a better chance to beating them because you will not sub come to fear which I don't Predators get scared all that often. Lets assume the Predators disregarded the honor system well then it is an entirely different ball game and I don't want to make anyone mad but I don't think the aliens would have much of a chance. But who am I to say anything. But honor can go both ways, if it is used poorly it will get you killed.

SKILLS/TRAINING- Predators are most easily compared to knights or old or feudal samurais. They train their whole life to achieve one thing. And they do a damn good job of it. I don't if any of you read my post about the comparison on the Samurai and a Velicoraptor in is on the thread predator, it just to much more to type, check it out. Predators are in essence, really advanced samurais. They are precise and deadly. Their skill and training is only overshadowed by their thrill for the hunt. Also it has been proven skill will out perform natural ability 3 out of 5 times. But again I am not taking away from the Aliens skill either just that the Predators are constantly training for one purpose. And so are the Aliens but the Predators are able to harness their skill and make it a powerful and deadly force. Honestly I have no idea what else to write. LoL...and one more thing...

LUCK-These two species each have their strengths and weakness but I think you all will agree with me that they are both pretty evenly matched while each one has one advantage over the other. But Luck as in all things does play a role in any encounter between the two. But that’s my 2 cents well that’s more like 2 dollars. Anyway please let me know what you all think. If I did put more favor in the Predators I apologize I tried my best to be as fair to each spices as I could. But let me know if I did. I am looking forward to hearing from you all take care and later dudes.

Thanks for reading and let me know what yall think, this is just something I have watched read and observed about the two, this is as close to fact as I can get guys. Thanks again and get back to me on what yall think.

K20A2
Elder of Clan Balatu

K20A2 is equipped with standard Predator armor, 2 wristblades, 2 sidearm blades(acid proof), 2 dics(acid proof), wrist netgun, 2 combisticks(acid proof), plasmacaster, thermalnetting

predsig.bmp.jpg

Shadow, Undefined, 18 years ago

Same here, wish I could write like that, no wait, to much work.lol

Move and die, Dont move and die, Pick One. The Gods of Death are always watching. http://www.freewebs.com/shadowedhunter/ scar2.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

That's good to hear K20

wq.jpg Hunter or prey?

thanks dave, you remember the topic I posted a long time ago when I first got on the site, this is it only updated and modified, but I am good Stalker just a lil tired but good nonetheless

K20A2 is equipped with standard Predator armor, 2 wristblades, 2 sidearm blades(acid proof), 2 dics(acid proof), wrist netgun, 2 combisticks(acid proof), plasmacaster, thermalnetting

predsig.bmp.jpg

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 18 years ago

nice

t-rexsig1.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

WOW K20!!nice but its long!!!!!

i use net gun,combat stick(acid proff),smart disk,2rist blades,and predator armor,3 shurckens,pred helmet with heat and alien seancers,all so i can think about my options and i have a great.
aa.jpg

Man I'm downloadin the gimp runtime & it's takin ages. How ru btw?

wq.jpg Hunter or prey?

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Nice K, very nice indeed. Glad someone other than me like to write detailed references...

boogeysig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

lol thanks bro

predsig.bmp.jpg

predalien_64, Undefined, 18 years ago

yes i agree honor is not a weakness for example predator only attack enemy’s that are treating (humans with guns not unarmed cives) predator 2: the screen with the kid in the grave yard had a fake mac-10, if he killed him 1 he would draw attention to him and he killing a kid would be dishonorable.

just bumping it up for all of the new members

predsig.bmp.jpg

Hi K20. m8 you did a really great job with this

wq.jpg Hunter or prey?

thanks TrophieHunter, well guys i am off to bed, tomorrow is another day take care and please let me know what you think of the post and what you would have done different, added or removed thanks guys and take care.

predsig.bmp.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

I like that. good job k20a2. you are right.

Ancienthunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

Dude this is so crazy i totally agree nobody can argue with that, come on and i hope they dont cause you will have to write another page on that lol!

div

lol thanks AnicentHunter, I hope your right bro.

predsig.bmp.jpg

Shadow, Undefined, 18 years ago

LOL, ya. Overactive is not bad, it can land you some sweet jobs.

Move and die, Dont move and die, Pick One. The Gods of Death are always watching. http://www.freewebs.com/shadowedhunter/ scar2.jpg

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

Man, I have an overactive imagination, but it takes skill to write, which I'm lack of.

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

I was thinking maybe you should write one for humans as well, as we seem to be the underdogs of this war, treated as fodders. I'm thinking of writing the human's as well but you could probably do a better job.

yeah after i pull all of the historys, profiles character names and finish editing the prolouge i plan on finishing my complete comparison of Xenos, Preds and Humans.

predsig.bmp.jpg

Quinn, Undefined, 18 years ago

hahaha cool cool im gunna have a smoke and hit the hay myself. great stuff your writing is. love it i do. i cant wait for your books.

"This time the B!tch Is Back"
bgrrrrrww.jpg