daveberg, Human, 11 years ago

Hmm. Most memorable ban? There's been too many over the years.

I can tell you my most memorable war of words was with none other than Killswitch. He and I definitely went at it tooth and claw over the years. Nice to both be on the same page now....

Peterson, Human, 11 years ago

mine I got to say was the kid that tried to act like a badass I don't remember his name to be honest but basiclly he was spamming and making a complete ass of himself so I edited one of his posts saying something along the lines of "Oh thank you for banning me Peterson, I'm sorry i couldnt read the rules or listen to staff members" Something along those lines I know DD edited one of his posts too but he emailed me and pretty much tried saying he would kick my ass and just stupid shit like that, I was like well thats all fine and dandy but its still not getting you unbanned. Great times.

DarkLioness, Human, 11 years ago

"Dude, you're really embarrassing yourself here, to the point where I feel bad for you. This is ridiculous; you're terrible at insults, and the people you are trying to offend are laughing their asses off."

I've said something to that effect to people that say something stupid or think they're insulting me.

So, a question for the Mods. What do you enjoy the most about being a Moderator?

Meh honestly for me its the fact that i can actually enforce the rules of the board to those who apperently cant read the rules. Being a Clan Leader much like -Bloo- you sometimes get frusterated that you cant do anything about stuff happening on the main board and going "I'm A Clan Leader, pipper down" Can only go so far. So really just the fact of having the ability to do something.

FireHunter, Human, 11 years ago

Best thing about being a mod is definitely the fact that you can generally just stop a problem as it starts, so that you don't have huge on-board fights. But as we've seen this doesn't always work.

But nobody misses that assassin kid, he was a twat.

skull_ripper, Human, 11 years ago

I'll have been a member for two weeks this Wednesday, and i have been active so i was wondering if i will be able to join a clan on Wednesday, you know, do i meet all the specifications and have i been active enough to join a clan?

it all depends on the clan leader

batmanbegins123, Human, 11 years ago

well, i see that this is prpbably pointless. but do you think you guys can make, like, a general information forum? 'cause i can't find a forum to actually say what i want to say. i just joined and am afraid of getting banned for not using the appropriate forum. so, if this is actually read and put into affect, i would be extremely thankful. thanks guys.

Ok, i think im gonna try for hunters moon.

Deathdrop, Human, 11 years ago

@Batmanbegins: Go with the OFF-TOPIC THREAD. You can say (almost) whatever you want in there.

Kirby-Cage, Human, 11 years ago

Is there really anyway to get Unbanned? I know DW got banned for all of 5 secs or something. ( It's just a Rumor that I heard, I'm not even sure if that's true)I'm just curious.

On a side note: Wasn't this gonna get locked a month ago? Or is this gonna be the new help/ ask a mod thread?

I once banned DW for exactly five seconds as a joke.

As for getting unbanned-Hard to say. Once someone's account gets banned, that's basically the last we'll ever see of them. If someone were to get banned and then a year or so down the line contact one of us through email requesting an unban, we might consider it. Hasn't happened yet, to my knowledge.

batmanbegins123, Human, 11 years ago

hey thanks deathdrop. and yeah i thought this was getting locked

-Bloo-, Human, 11 years ago

@DD: Wasnt that the case with Killswitch?

Thing is, I don't actually remember what the beef with Killswitch was, originally. I think that all may have gone down during a time I was off the site for a while. We definitely got into it later, but I'm not sure what started it initially.

It's all been smoothed over now, though, as far as I know.

So i was wondering about how the RPG works. I know you have to fight for five posts before you go for the killing blow, so does a mod roll dice and whip out a calculator and decide the fate of your character, or is it whoever gets to the sixth post first? and what happens when your character dies, does he/she respawn at some point or do you have to sit the rest of the RPG out? sorry im asking so many questions (:

^ Questions are why this thread exists, so don't worry about it. Basically, you need to work out the whole "does A kill B" issue with whoever's characters yours is "killing." The 6 post rule ensures a decent fight, but whoever gets to 6 points first is ABLE to kill their opponent. They certainly don't have to. It's a grey area, so try to read some of the older ones and play it by ear.

That said, there are some unspoken "gentleman's rules" I tend to follow:

1. I'll usually write an "out" for the other person. In other words, I'll have my character slice into the other guy and then swing again... And leave the other person to write what happens next. It's a little bit of give and take.

2. If I killed someone in the last RPG, and we get into a 6 post fight, I'll probably let them kill me. Losing all the time sucks.

3. If someone has a plan they talk about outside the context of the RPG, let them follow through with it within reason. People like to have their characters do cool things from time to time, and letting them do it makes the RPG more fun to read.

-Bloo-, Human, 11 years ago

Yeah, I'm surprised you guys have been letting me play villain for so long while writing a majority of the plot. I'll probably tone it down and play as a simple Praetorian next time.

It's interesting to shake it up from time to time; it's certainly provided some interesting story possibilities.

Blizzard, Human, 11 years ago

Sorry for being a pain
but Peterson could you add me to the xbox clan ?