Peterson, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

DS3 isnt as wide of a profile as the Aliens universe to be honest. I also got the CE but DS just took a multitude of games and had some gay orgy and thats what the whole dead space universe has concieved to become. at least with CM its still pretty vanilla to the original concept.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Extermination edition for me - £39.99

Cannot WAIT for this game to get here.

Mebber, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Who's talking of the universe as a whole? I suppose a great deal of customers aren't die-hard fans of either of the franchises, but just typical gamers generally interested in horror-scifi monsteraction. And in that department, DS has quite some reputation, rightfully or not, and there are apperently a good bunch of people who enjoy this gay oorgy as you call it. ACM can score with its franchise, but i wouldn't take it as a sure garant of commercial success if you look at the competition.

I just hope the game will be successful, not just for a short while but on the long run too. In AvP people started to leave MP quite fast.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Yeah, it sucks that all of these franchises that used Aliens as a primary source of inspiration (like Dead Space and Halo) are the ones getting all the attention while Aliens is getting labeled as the knock-off.

Admittedly, for gameplay purposes, Dead Space WOULD be the safer bet because of the reputation it's made for itself. CM, on the other hand, only has the recent AVP3 for people to compare it to (because honestly, what big gaming community actually remembers AVP2?), so it's unfortunate that it's getting released so close to DS3.

@kill: Wow, I noticed every other game is at a lower price, too, and with free shipping. I think I know where I'm buying my copy.

killinaintcrazy, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

@Bloo: yeah, noticed that to. Think I have found my new supplier....

Seen the extermination version, but for an extra tenner I thought a sawn off shotgun and 'early access' to weapon customisation seemed a little steep.......

As for Dead Space 3 coming out so near, I suppose its more a question of FPS or 3rd person/online mutliplayer in my opinion.

I think that will play a aprt in who goes where, Dead Space is pretty awesome but for die hard franchise lovers Colonial Marines will probably pick up the tab........

Either way I kust hope enough people pick it up, as without a decent uptake the MP element will be short lived......though i'm sure plenthy on here will keep it alive ;-)

Peterson, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I played Dead Space 3 last night and It wasnt bad of game but you can tell whats been knocked off for instance there is a weapon called a pulse rifle that has an automatic assault rifle with a under latch grenade launcher... so i agree with you on that note about everything being riped off and Aliens being thrown out as a knock off

killinaintcrazy, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Well ladies and gents........guess what drop in the post this morning???? ;-) 3 DAYS EARLY!?!?!?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Damn, 2Game really gets on the customer service thing.

I hope they're doing the same with me, because I decided to pre-order from them a few days ago.