daveberg, Human, 18 years ago

Sorry, couldn't help it, was too easy.

But try though, In my 15 years of alien fandom i've never once heard/seen/read of any of Bishops characters being called Michael. But, I'm open to accept it if that's gospel.

alpha.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

nicholaskang, Human, 18 years ago

same here better remember were still humans dont get dragged into being the alpha alien m8

xenomorph4ap.jpg Aliens and Preds forum

TDN - i actually agree with you on you points of dislike on AVP, in my own opinion it was an insult to the alien franchise, the two creatures should never have been brought together, alot of your points for dislike are simular to mine, props to you my friend. As for the Bisop debate, with in reason, anyone could be right, i guess it's just all a matter of personal choice of opinion. ;)

alpha.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

I think you guys should talk to the ones at the IMDB board especially the Alien3 board. Those guys really have solid proof of Michael being a human. Besides, AVP came after Alien3 therefore, it couldn't have refuted Alien3 considering it came after. If anyone had screwed up, it would have been Anderson. And plus, how do you explain the bleeding of red blood, when androids bleed white blood even in Ressurection?
P.S thanks for correcting the Predator 1 timeline guys.

the_doctor, Human, 18 years ago

what type of proof do they have?

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

thedoc.jpg

ChEsTBuRsTeD42, Human, 18 years ago

i thought the bishop in alien3 was the real one because when i looked, i saw red blood. And i dont think Bishop started the company because in Aliens, the head guy wasn't bishop, it was some fat guy who liked to wasted human lives to get an alien specimen back. i danno.....i think i need to watch all the movies again.

chestbursted42ssignature4by.jpg

the_doctor, Human, 18 years ago

are we talking about the guy in the directors cut cos he was in charge of planet not the company

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

thedoc.jpg

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

Okay, so you said that the only reliable source is from Giger, then who's the one that said, or rather gave the theory that Charles Bishop created Weyland? Paul Anderson of course. So how reliable is he exactly considering he's the one who messed up both franchise and not to mention the Xeno's gestation time (which he reduced to about 2-3 minutes).

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

Okay, since I wouldn't want you to go through the trouble of signing up, here's a link to where one of them gives proof on why Bishop II (or Michael as they call him) is a human:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103644/board/nest/11056157
It might be a long read though.

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

Okay, here's the link. You've got to sign up and be a member though.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103644/
Most of them as I've known (cause I've been watching the site for over a year now) had been fans of the Alien series for a long time. Look for members named grimmlok and maeldoro, as they're the ones who most people consider to be most knowledgeable about the Alien series, and they're the ones who will go all out on proving that Michael was a human and he created the Bishop model of androids (not Weyland-Yutani though).
I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, it's just that I've seen these guys giving proof before and it seems very reliable.

There is absolutely NO SOLID PROOF on this. I have been a fan for over 15 years and have NEVER heard this theory. Give me the link to the forum with these guys and i'll go have it out with them. The only solid prrof anyone can have is that which comes straight from the mouths of the directors or HR GIGER in relation to the alin movies.

And yeah doc - he was just in charge of the terraforming colony on LV4-26.

Charles Bishop weyland was the founder and creator of weyland industries.

Plus if the person in alien 3 was a pivotal character why was he just named 'bishop2' I'm sure the directors would have had 'time' to give him a full name.

alpha.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

Na, sorry, read through it, the guy is still clasping at straws. Paul anderson has more rights to changing the franchise story than this guy. Everything that anderson produced in AVP concerning Bishop made total sense (even if the rest of the movie was bull) It gave a complete tie in to the bishop line of androids.

And if you took the time to read the alien vs predator novel you'd understand that the gestation period was increased due to the chemical hormones that were induced into the queen on her rise from her slumber.

As far as i want to take it for my own personal feeling, Bishop 2 was not an android, but i beleive he was definately not the creator of the bishop line of synths. Why wait hundreds of years to honour the founder of the company, let alone the founder of the weylan technology.

But as always - you guys are free to beleive what you wish.

peace.

alpha.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

Yeah I guess you brought up good points as well. Although I'm more lenient towards the idea of Michael Bishop being the creator because I didn't like AVP so I'm trying not to ever consider it a part of the Alien and Predator universe. It's more like a separate universe on its own.
Oh yeah, and where do you get the novel for the AVP movie? I couldn't find it in any book store.

shazuipredalien, Human, 18 years ago

y dont u like avp if ur on avp2.com rught now??????????? and what dont u like about it its amazing

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

And it was also Anderson who made Charles Bishop the creator of Weyland-Yutani. It has never been stated before, if memory serves, who the creator of Weyland-Yutani was. Michael Bishop in Alien3 was just someone sent by the company not the company's creator, so how could he have connections with Charles Bishop even if they share the same last name?
As far as my opinion goes (you can say otherwise), Paul Anderson is the one who made this bad movie and so therefore, his stuff that he made up is not something I consider canon. Then again, personal feelings aside, I guess the whole thing makes sense, though AVP still has many plot holes.

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

To Shazuipredalien:
The things I don't like about AVP:
-The actions was quite cheesy, especially the one between Grid and Celtic which resembles a wrestling match and for some reason, a scene in a circus (Celtic is the lion-tamer while Grid is the lion). Watch the part where Celtic tries to take a swipe at Grid, then you'll see what I mean.
-The dialogues was cheesy and stupid. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"? That sounds like something from a kid's educational TV show. And then there's lines such as "This tunnel didn't dig itself you know". Yeah, like we didn't already knew that.
-Made to be kid friendly. Seriously, that's what the marketing is about these days. What was great about the movies was censored to become kid friendly. I mean, the Chestbursting scene was cut, the line "You're one ugly motherer" was also cut in the middle.
-The Predator's face looked bad. It no longer looked evil, it now looked good. Same goes for the Xenomorph queen. Even though she looked great, her moves aren't. She moves like a crazed monster slamming into walls and ceilings taking away her menacing motion that Aliens had.
-The Human/Predator alliance. Aren't these Predators the same ones who would rip your spine off and skin you alive? Now they are allying with a human? Also another problem I have with this could be found on this link:
http://www.alienvspredator2.com/comments/5754.html
-The pyramid setting was the worse one. It just doesn't seem to fit. The pyramid just makes the Xenos into some kind of mummified creatures and the Predator into Holy warriors from space. This is just my feelings on it so even if you don't think so, don't get mad.
If you like the movie, there's no problem in that, everyone has their likes. But I'm just saying here why I dislike AVP (not so much bit still). Why am I on? It's because I like all the other Alien and Predator movies (or most of it, Ressurection excluded) and my favorite is Aliens.

i agree with the 1st and third actions are py and it doesnt have gore but i dont agree with the rest i think its just bull....

oh ferget that the 5ths true 2 thats the bit that really spoils it though preds only kill wht's their mission and what threatens them i wanted that girl 2 die lol b@ITC@!

fine i agree with all except 2nd and last u made sum good points there but nomatter wht u say i still luv it though would like gorier and better action scenes 2 appear bye lol:)

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

I'm not convincing you to hate it. You could like it and I would support you. I'm only saying it because you asked my why I hated it.
I could see why you disagree with the last one but why the 2nd though? Did you think the dialogues was actually good? I mean to me it was cheesy and stupid as hell.