BrutaL, Yautja, 14 years ago

Rap, hip-hop, whatever, I don't see any differance. Same shit x).

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

"Sometimes listen to rap, like Tupac and stuff, but not the mainstream shit with the fat guy Rick Ross etc. It is dishonorable to listen to that :O. "

YES. Someone who understands.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Never heard of Rick Ross. And the difference between hip hop and rap is that rap is fast paced, hip hop is bullshit like 50cent does. I listen to Eminem's songs, most of them are good, some of the recent ones have been pretty shitty, i guess he has nothing more to be angry at.

Anyway, Muse.

BrutaL, Yautja, 14 years ago

Fo shizzle my nizzle. I guess I understand the difference now.

Nick_Kang_20, Yautja, 14 years ago

I'm a sucker for loud bass. It just sounds so awesome.

Here you go, NK

Don't mind the ending, though that music is awesome too.

Nick_Kang_20, Yautja, 14 years ago

What I actually meant was bass as in the guitar, but thanks anyway.

Ah, thought about that too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZR_UkJV-wE&feature=related

This is all i can come up with. Personally i consider it cheating to use Muse, but oh well, wat are you gonna do...

Probably this?

Drew54, Yautja, 11 years ago

you have same taste in music as me

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

My god, what an old thread. All I listened to was J-Rock and piano & string music back then. It's a terrible thing to look at my old posts.

But I noticed P428 doesn't like the Beastie Boys. I had to comment on this. I mean, sure, they're just mindlessly shouting (especially in the '80s), but they're doing so in a way that was ironic before being ironic was synonymous with being a uncool, and they yelled their hearts out over a xylophone loop track about girls and how much they like the way that they walk.

Also, one of them just died. That probably counts for something, probably.

Also also, this might be against the rules now. So let's take this to the off-topic thread, maybe.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

This topic is broad enough to warrant it's own thread, so I'm keeping it up for now. The other mods may feel differently, though.

Xenotor, Yautja, 11 years ago

I like rap and a little rock.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

I've been listening to "The Eve of War" from the War of the Worlds musical (yes, there is one) on a loop for the last hour or so. Good stuff.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 11 years ago

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Musical...

...Listen to it, or I'll come to your house and beat you with a rock...or something...blunt.

I don't doubt the topic of the last two posts exist, because there's a goddamn Spider-Man musical.

I mean, it has awesome composers, just... Spider-Man musical.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

I like Ozzy Osbourne, Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Rob Zombie, Red Hot Chillie Peppers, Three Days Grace, Within Temptation, Evanescence, Hollywood Undead and a couple of songs by Marilyn Manson. I'm not a rap or hip-hop fan and not that big of a pop fan either although I have a lot of pop genre songs on my iPod. I use ot like rap until everyone went the bitches and hoes route. I kinda like A Perfect Circle, Lacuna Coil, Kamelot, Eminem, P!ink, Alicia Keys, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, The Used and I like Coming Undone by Korn.

"I use ot like rap until everyone went the bitches and hoes route."

I still think hip-hop/rap is a wonderful genre. Some modern hip-hop is great. The radio "artists" from the past decade, however, are a whole different kind of thing and I have an indescribable amount of disdain for them. Usually I preach "listen and take from everything," but that bullshit they constantly spew out (and they all know each other somehow - maybe it's the fact that a lot of them are from Atlanta) is a joke. Great for club music, I guess.

My favorite genres to listen to are jazz, hip-hop and rock. Those are also my favorites to play. I've also got a lot of film/game soundtracks, but they don't get nearly as much play as everything else.

I've got 600+ albums and counting, so I wouldn't list them all, the same goes for artists.

Peterson, Yautja, 11 years ago

Pretty much everything for me to be honest, Sometimes I'll listen to Marilyn Manson (more so then not) but I do also rather enjoy Pink Floyd and Paramore to relax to.

^I think Paramore is a very underrated band by people who claim to listen to "real" music (douchebags, era whores, etc). Their acoustic/calmer songs are much better than the punk stuff in my opinion. "In the Mourning" (however lame the pun may be to anyone) is one of the better (and catchiest) songs I've heard in a while.