DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I rated each movie as a stand alone, not compared to any of the others, I don't even know how to do it otherwise.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

We should probably write reviews, too, since the original topic was a review and not just a rating.

Me, I'm a hypocrite and won't write one right now because I honestly just don't feel like it at the moment, but I'll be happy to whenever I have one of those movie marathons where I watch every one of the films in a day or two.

AvPR. It is a movie with stuff in it. It has really bad stuff and mildly entertaining stuff... Stuff that make you feel like whispering a bored "yaaaaaaaaay" right before you throw up all over your favourite sweater and your newly cleaned pair of pants. It makes you use most of your face muscles, which is why it's better than AvP, which only makes you look like :| or :/

There.

I actually haven't even seen the beginning to AVPR, like most movies I watch at a friend's house/on T.V.

It starts with predators being stupid.

I see.

So I guess I should never watch the beginning maybe.

If you can take the scene where an alien gets punched to death, you can take the beginning.

Pred_Killer, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

An Alien getting punched to death?

I declare the AvP movies officially noncanon.

So you weren't bothered at all by the Predalien turning out to be a queen who barfs chestbursters into young women's vaginas through the mouth, or that there are black facehuggers to "explain the difference between Drones and Warriors", or that a spaceship crashed near a town and no one noticed, or that a human was able to use a predator weapon, at the same time surviving a rain of acid that fell on his head, or that the Predalien looked like a pizza, or that its blood apparently wasn't even acid...

But the Alien getting punched was too much... >.>

Pred_Killer, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

The other stuff was outragious but the Alien getting punched to death completely undermines and nerfs the so called 'perfect organism', in my mind the games are more canon than the movies ever will be. Atleast in the upcoming games Aliens have the better melee attack damage, and are faster than any of the other races, preds have best health of course they have armor, and marines have the best guns.

The comics were kind of cool, too.

ash, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Well i would say...

Alien 9/10
Aliens 10/10
Alien 3 8/10
Alien Ressurrection 7/10

Predator 10/10
Predator 2 9/10

AvP 7/10
AvPR 7/10

Both the avp movies sucked, come on they could of quite easily within budget i may add have it set in space?! I mean btoh franchise films have great story's (ish) and they didn't need a whole bunch of humans talking shit about there lives. AvP had failed with no real fight scenes and the fact one alien killed 2 predators?! Seriously... WTF!
AvPR had at least tried to be good i guess... The fight scenes where better, although it starting in a jungle and STAYING THERE for abit wouldn't have hurt? And actually thinking about it, it does remind me alot of resident evil with the whole "cut the rest of the world out" approach.
Anyway if they EVER make another avp film PLEASE for the love of god get actors and actresses known in the industry?!

Auto_Pred, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Alien - One of the best horror-survive films ever made - 10/10

Aliens - A excellent follow-up which is just as good as the original - 10/10

Alien³ - Have yet to see the extended cut, which I've heard is the far better version, so the orignal version gets a - 6/10

Alien: Resurrection - A fun experience however it felt like a B-Movie, so in terms of quality, it can't be taken seriously - 5/10

Predator - I've pretty much grown-up watching this masterpiece, and even after mutlple viewings, the charactors, the plot and the Predator himself are all as good as ever - 10/10

Predator 2 - An insult to the Predator name, I mean sure where introduced to new high-tek weaponry as such as the disc, and we see more of the Predator then we did in the orignal, but I've never quite understood it, and quite frankly it bores me - 4/10

AVP - The effort was there, and Anderson did spend some time developing the story in the beginning of the film which was good, however the Predator designs were terrible. They were far to big and bulky, and to have a friendship between the Predator and the human's is just WRONG! The queen lost all her soul with it's gigantic size as well - 5/10

AVP.R - Re-watched it a couple of weeks ago and was generally entertained. I mean again, the story was crap as were the charactors and the actors playin' them, but watching the Predators and Aliens duke it out under all sorts of circumstances was great fun! Like Alien 4, it's pretty much a B movie, but a great one none of the less - 6/10

Wow you gave alien 3 a 6, predator 2 a 4, avp a 5 and avp-r a 6... I am shocked and appalled, sir!

P2, A3, A4, AVP and AVP.R are all weak additions to the series, whether you like it or not. If you think any of the above films can even compete with such classics as Alien, Aliens and Predator, then I'm shocked and appalled at you, sir!

I'm extremely shocked and appalled at how you think AvP and AvPR are either better or equal to any movie the original franchises with the exception of Alien Resurrection.

In my opinion, P2 was just a bad film all around, AVP and AVP.R were at the very least entertaining to a extent.

P2 was awesome, but suit yourself...

delta-boy, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

This thread sickens me...

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

... Almost as much as AvPR sickens me!

OOOOOH SNAP!