justjun, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

New to forum, not into the comics or games just a movie buff so excuse me...

AVP X set in space or earth is cool, however IMHO the combined franchise has overlooked a few loose ends.

In the Alien movies it becomes clear that the establishment has knowledge of the Aliens and wants their technology, same is true from the Predator movies.

In AVP they tied them together but stretched it with link to ancient civilization...If the Predators had set up hunting lodges (so to speak) here on earth with the Aliens as bait that long ago, what sense does randomly killing humans in 1700's to 1990's make.

justjun, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

continued:

It was clear in both Predator 2 and AVP, that the Predators are not consumed with just killing humans and that it's some Warriors Right type thing as seen with how Danny Glover and Shanaa Lathen's (sp?) characters were rewarded for their bravery.

As for the Aliens...
We know they were being transported in great numbers as seen in the first Alien movie.

Any movie would have to touch on the origins of the conflict to best capture attention of true fans and establish legacy for future films. This can be done in flash backs or a split plot.

At some point we'll have to see what was done with technology and who's behind the effort to gain that technology.

It could take three movies...One Alien (origin of bugs), One Predator (home world) and a final AVP...just one guys thoughts.

Justjun

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

There's no such thing as "legacy for future films" anymore. Not even films made after books stick to the original plot anymore. Filmmaking is close to becoming complete bullshit. It is bullshit even now, but not completely. AvP didn't give a crap for the alien and predator franchises, AvPR was good as a stand-alone movie, but when put together with the others, squashed the continuity, now what's left is for someone to continue using these creatures artistically and stop giving even one little piece of shit about what the hell is happening.

alienpred1, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I think it should be far away in space too. A break from earth maybe like the last 2 movies.

02121992, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

sounds good to me. good bye earth hello space.