predatoress, Yautja, 16 years ago

They're ET's, they could like standing on their heads for a mating ritual and suck each others toes lol

But enough, I don't wanna ruin anyone's wet dreams about huntresses. As far as they can kick ass instead of crying after broken nail I'm alright, even I wouldn't agree how sensible it would be.

MrXeno, Yautja, 16 years ago

Everything is allowed when its sci-fi. And the creators wouldn't care less if someone cried or pissed their pants for what they made female xenos and female preds look like. They could easily piss off biologists and fans very easy by making a female yautja's body covered in tits. And if both parts would give them death threats or something like that, the creators would easily say "Thank you, please dont come again!"

Yes, but I'm still allowed for my opinnion about it being idiotic to give more humane features to an alien species. They're not humans. As simple as that is.

But designers can do whatever they want. They just would lose the credibility in my eyes.

MrXeno, Yautja, 16 years ago

We are all allowed with our own opinions, and hopefully people can respect ours and each others opinions too, no matter how silly it sounds to each other.
I can't say my theoris about xenos and preds are good, but its what i like to believe and think. And i wouldnt care if someone disagreed with me as long as the person respect my opinions, lol

But with the little information about the creatures from the creators, everyone just brought up their theoris about them from games to comics, even movies. And i dont agree much with them at all, but ill stay with whatever the creators say about them 'cos they made them.

02121992, Yautja, 16 years ago

i respect everyone's opinions.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

I don't think realism is what they were going for when they made up the Preds.

If you wanted a more realistic look at aliens, they would look nothing like humans at all. They might have different senses that we don't have and lack the ones we do. They might have different types of limbs and organs and things. They mightn not even have genders. Whatever the case, they probably wouldn't be humanoid.

This reminds me of the reasoning behind the redesign of the transformers. The originals didn't look "alien" enough. Of course not! If they looked "alien" they probably wouldn't look even remotely humanoid.

Preds were created to be cool-looking, not realistic. They've already got two eyes, two arms, five-fingered hands, two legs, male and female genders, mouths, skin, muscles and everything else. I don't think breasts are going to make that big a difference.

That's the way I see it, anyway. Could be wrong (God knows, it's happened before)

You're right about that, DD. I was just stating my opinnion about how understandable it would be, even most of people can't even see my point of view (and I forgive, everyone don't have 6 years of advanced biology behind them lol). I just hope they wont exaggerate about the female outlook if they ever gonna make one out. I really do. As well as I hope there wont be any princess story of a female getting in trouble and a male comes to save her. Call me a feminist but still yautja females should kick some ass, not to be pretty to have around.

It's funny though how I upset people by stating my opinnion out lol

Who are these supposedly upset people? Everyone I've seen has pretty much just respectfully disagreed. In fact, the majority seem to have agreed with you.

But anyway, the whole "Damsel in distress" deal was actually my original point with the "Male, but bigger and with tits" post.

The way they're described, the males seem to afraid of the females.

well i'm afraid of a few females.

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 16 years ago

Predess being one of them?
back on topic which is gonna be hard to continue...the following information from Jokers website "The Hunted"
Female Society

What the Comics and Books tell us:

It is a common belief that Female Yautja are similar in appearance to males, but are overall larger and in many cases, stronger. Presumably all newborn and infant Yautja, or pups, would begin life at the same size - and with age would grow into their gender's size and shape. However, very little information is obtainable on the females actual appearance.

It is assumed that Yautja would be attracted to each other enough to initiate sexual relations. All senses are connected to sexual attraction, but the primitive sense of smell is most likely. Yautja can smell the musks of other Yautja, and particularly the "child-bearers musk", which would suggest that females are sexually motivated only during a specific time in their hormonal cycle. Although, human females are permanently in heat, which means they can be sexually motivated at any time - and with the Yautja lifestyle, a male could die on any hunt, so females might need to be able to breed at any moment also.

Not much is known about the actual breeding period. It is assumed only one female in a pack becomes pregnant, usually the dominant female, but sometimes two or more females may breed. In other mammals, including humans, copulation occcurs in a stereotypical way, with one set of female postures and movements and a different set for the males - the only limit is imagination. Considering how ritualistic the Yautja are, this could be how they copulate.

After conception and birth, daughters would stay with their mothers in the protected environment, to raise their own children and maintain dominance over their clan's territory. Mothers during this time would teach their pups to fight and survive. They are vicious and relentless in the protection of their children, who they keep safe and hunt for.

Females can also hunt for trophies, but it is most likely for different reasons than the males. Dominance may certainly be a factor - but perhaps it is to show their ability to protect their territory, and their own and their sisters children, from enemy female clans.

A female clan would be made of many generations of daughters, mothers, and grandmothers. It would be easy to presume that such a clan would be led by a single matriarch. Since females rule over their territory and generally run clan affairs, the Yautja would most likely have a matriarchal society.

even though this info is credible rember it's from the comics aand from what I've been told and seen unless it's in the movies it's non-canon, so until it is we can only guess...soooo lets keep guessing.

so far i've seen no reason to fear predess.(that's probably going to change at anytime) and what you've said is pretty much all i know and yes i've went to that site.

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 16 years ago

Predess is this the princess Pred you where talking about?

3d0103.jpg

DD - I also talk on messenger so yeah, on the site everyone are just stating their opinnion in a friendly way but...

Enough of that.

And holy crap, stop showing my pic around, Lone Hunter!!! Only Stalker is allowed to do that 'cos I work for him lol j/k

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Hmmm about the "man, but bigger and with tits" thing, if you take the "more reptile like" assumption, well there are no reptiles with tits, are there. And i don't remember ever seing nipples on predators. Look at crocodiles, they hatch and they hunt. And predators are known to be carnevorous (spelling?). Also, noone said city hunter ever cooked the meat, so maybe as soon as they're born they're tought to hunt for food. Which would be wierd in my view, but for all we know they could be born with 6 leggs and long dreads on their chests. So... my point is... from what we've seen in the movies, predator females are more likely to not have tits at all HA!

*Taps Wraith's shoulder* *Ahem!* You're supposed to be against my point of view, not agree with it, my dear Wraith.

They're aliens. They can't be classified as reptiles or mammals, becasue they're a whole different thing.

That, or they have venomous fangs in a very unusual place.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Umm you know, actually, you don't know if they can or can't be classified as mammals or reptiles, because they're aliens. But what i was saying there was for if they COULD. Now you don't know if they can or can't do you?

*head spinning* DeathWraith can you stop, you're confusing me.

Well, I stand corrected.

I meant that if they have they have mammory glands, they can't be reptiles. That was based on the ASSumption on my part that females have breasts, which they might not.

On the appearance you can clearly see they're not mammals. Mammals got hair covering the whole body, yes even humans. Second, we don't know if they give birth to live babies and on what method (ovovivipary and so on...).

Second, I wouldn't consider them as lizards either 'cos they most probably belong to a whole new animal family unknown on Earth.