killswitch, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

lol il post an official killswitch review up soon cause yall know thats what its all about lol ......................... no serious

Dave . not to seem like am ass-kissin .... i do tend to agree with you because i quit simply feel the same way about the general concept and list of outcomes when aliens and predators are paired.

i believe the movie turned into a pile of kiddie wank comic bullshit rite between the scenes were the pred frisked two aliens and arney 0.5 turned the plasma caster into a pump action shotgun ....(aka the whole movie) ............... and at the end of it all, ive only got one thing to say ........................................................................"GET TO THE CHOPPER"
......because yes , i did recieve a "telling off by the cinema stuward when i burst out laughing at that scene and causing disruption.... not that the conept of me being throw out was actually such a bad idea , i may have savoured a further 15 minutes of my life

predatoress, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Bursting in laughter in theater wasn't anything new for me as well... It told a lot though when there was 20 people watching the movie in a hall of 300 people lol

daveberg, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I can tell you this much. If they roll with an AVP3, i will revoke my alien fan status. I can't take another dribble of piss mockery being made of my beloved Xenomorph franchise.

haha , i dont see it happenin myself,

'F**k James cameron lol'
is it me or was everything i hate about the alien franchise sparked off by this wanker and his over-rated action movie.

somewhere between Alien and Aliens ... the alien race turned from 7,2 killing machines with unbelievable instincts, exceptional independence and self perseverance to expendable crap worth nothing if it isnt standing beside an alien queen. I hold alien and alien 3 close to my heart ….. the others were Americanized BS.
---
. i really dont know what to say anymore, i think that movie has actually killed my interest in both franchises . il still hold my alien Quad boxset close, but its all been raped in the ass .... IMO, F**k Predator 2 for splashing this comic classic into the movies... it shoulda stayed were it was.

--- Im hoping someone starts a decent topic on here soon lol or the site is for the first time in a long while actually worth leaving alone for good …. Im holding my breath here . lol

Need stalker back here, hes great to argue the franchise war with .

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Wow! Americanized BS? Wasn't Alien an american movie?

I don't see the problem. You shouldn't be expecting master peices like the originals. These movies were for the fans. If you don't like the way the Aliens were protrayed in Aliens, don't see this movie.

The only thing I can say is this movie makes up for the first one with the Predator fans and viceversa with the Alien fans.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

To be honest, the movie was just a big hitter on the entertainment factor for me. I loved seeing the predators being brought back to form, & for that reason alone I liked the film. The aliens were mindless ants, the humans were un-interesting, & the story was fairly generic, but what I really wanted this time around was action.

Yes, the fights were one-sided, & it would have been more interesting if the aliens actually put up more of a fierce struggle rather than being picked off so easily, but overall the action scenes were great. Let's just hope that if they do end up making AVP3 (it's very likely that it will happen), that they will bring back the classic bio-mechanical xenomorphs, & make them as deadly as they once were. Not to mention setting the movie in space...which is what we've always wanted to see. As it stands though, Requiem was obviously more of a predator fan's movie, since The Wolf was such an excellent creature, & brought some great new features to the table.

As for those who disliked the film...I honestly don't see how it was so horrible that anyone would want to relinquish their fan status. No matter how much you might hate the movie, there's no denying the love for the original greats.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

What would make AvP 3 good enaugh for dave and kill i think would be a space setting, OME alien, ONE predator, a ship crew, a good script, twards the end only ONE human surviving, he alien killing the predator, then about 5 minutes later, the last human killing the alien and movie done. MEMORABLE LINES, new ones, not the bullshit of repeating lines from the franchises, and NO DAMN HYBRIDS! No queen. Hard to make, but if they'd pull off a movie like that and give it the feel of Alien and Predator, i'm sure everyone would be satisfied. Note that the alien killing the pred is not something i want because i'm an alien fan, but i think the scene would be much more spectacular after a good fight than it would be the other way around. And not i'm not thinking of just a quick headbite. A good fight and a good killing, not leaving the alien unharmed, but still alive.

Exactly Stalker. Even after the first AvP, after all that embarestment for me with those "Predators" I didn't give up being a fan.

Deathwrait, concidering your idea, I think the Alien and the Predator should kill each other. I don't think there's anyway to think your idea is not bias. Because hell it is. I would have done the same thing. I think a better ending, is after they kill each other, it should show maby a hive and a Predator clan ship.

I don't see how people would think the Alien would kill a Predator. I hate to get back to such a basic topic but look at the Alien from the original. How slow it was. Very sneaky and unpredictible, I'll admit, but when it came face to face with someone, the only thing keeping the humans from protecting themselves is fear. Remember the scene when the Alien was hiding in the ship Ripley was taking off in. It threw its claws out and just laid there. If a Predator was even in there, it would have noticed it long before it was laying down. I'm just trying to say, I don't think an Alien can take a Predator down like they have been potrayed to before. And I liked the Predalien. It wasn't any Alien I've seen before. I think it was one step ahead of the Predator where as the other Aliens were obvously under the Predator.

Yes, that is exactely what you would think, isn't it, but an aliens\ shouldn't be lower than a predator and the predalien was a hybrid <===> newborn. If a predator is used to hunting ONE worthy opponent while killing the others, how would they consider Aliens the ultimate prey if they massacre them and the queen just lays there and noone kills it? That doesn't make sense. It would make sense for an alien to be a match for a predator. Therefore an alien should be able to kill a predator just like a predator is able to kill an alien. And i can tell you the only reason you think AvP was biased is because a single alien killed 2 predators, well, apart from that the fights themselves were fair. Now i don't know why that alien was just sitting there by himself when Ripley found it, but i'm sure it wasn't because he was soooo slow and bad at face-to-face fighting. People who say aliens were overpowered in AvP have a wrong idea about a drone, ofcourse the preds were pretty stupid themselves, but preds tend to act stupidly cos of their huge ego. You saw him pull that ceremonial knife out when Grid was melting the net off, didn't you? You saw him lean over and let himself get headbitten, didn't you? THAT was the biased part, they always give the predator a stupid move, because they want the humans to win. To me, Predator and Predator 2 were both human bias, because there too the preds acted stupid at least once and that gave the human the upper hand. Now what i'm asking for is not stupidity from the predator, but luck from the alien, because aliens ALWAYS have bad luck! The drone had bad luck in Alien, the Queen had bad luck in liens and the runner had bad luck in Alien 3. So i'm asking for a predator to make smart moves and an alien to have good luck. At most, i would like the predator to use the wrist bomb and kill the alien while a human escapes. I don't want it to be biased, i just want the alien to win for once. In AvP there were 3 preds. 2 were killed by an alien and the other killed all the aliens. Of which species died most? The biased part is only making th preds look stupid and dying one after another, but have you noticed that also an alien was killed with the combistick by a HUMAN? Now no matter how sharp that thing was, she shouldn't have had the force to pierce through the exoskeleton. AvP was less biased than stupid. Sure AvP made predators look stupid, but it was a dissapointment to all of us, you don't see alien fans running around saying "OOOH HOW COOL THE ALIENS WERE KILLING THOSE STUPID PREDATORS" but you do see predator fans saying "PREDS ARE LEIK SO KOOL AND THE ALIENS ARE SO STUPID" and you still don't think people have the wrong idea about Aliens? R ya one of those n00b, Cory? R ya? R ya???

Let me put it context for you. When i see a Xenomorph being bitch punched to the ground by a bare handed pred fist - when this is supposed to be the predators most feared and prized species to hunt, this is when i begin doubting the future of whatever franchise we have left and whether or not i can still follow such horrendous mockeries of a once celebrated , and meanacing creature.

When a human can get a minute drop of acid on its arm, and watch it drop off in a matter of seconds, but then see A predator later in the movie shoot an Alien at point blank range with a caster, yet not get a single drop of acid on it - that is when i ask myself, 'How much more of this bullshit can i take before i give up on the franchise all together?'

To be honest, i'm too drunk right now to even continue the argument, but i can safely say, Aliens died for good after Resurrection. The AVP films have just added insult to injury.

Wow.. calm down dude. Only people who say "n00b" are n00bs. No I don't whine. But I do think a Predator has better chances. Thats all. I'll edit this post for ferther detail but I gotta go. Watch this post.

lmfao . i understand what your saying stalker but i didnt buy a ticket for that ride, in fact ive been placed in the wrong theme park.

An action filled adventure didnt define the alien franchise. I expected more when that ass clown dare claim he was taking the movie back to its dark roots ….. : aka: Il darken the lighting in every scene making it damn near impossible to see.

I can understand why the predator fans dont seem to feel short changed, they got to see there beloved hunter kick some ass and to be honest nothing was implausible as weve spoken about this before. rather the aliens were underestimated in the movie. Acid not hitting the wolf is simply a characteristic muted by those fagot directors who were too thick to see an Alien vs Predator movie wasent going to work with one predator. How Fucking idiotic we wanted more action and as a result of that decision knew that every drone the wolf meets is a predetermined battle because the final stage is being saved for the predalien vs Predator battle. there was no sense of ... 'Oww whos gona win this little scuffle, thats what im f**king here for after all, 'ALIEN VS PREDATOR'.... even the first AVP had that ... you gota admitt , when you saw avp for the first time ... you were on the edge of your seat when chopper and celtic were fighting grid. Not this time round though.

If you are someone who wants to travel down the implausible road, i do however respect your opinion , this skilled hunter bullshite makes me want to throw up .... skill quit simply does not come into play when dealing with aliens , there to spontaneous and unpredictable ..... when you go toe to toe with ultimate killing machines you die...again the sewer scene was also bullshite, im not saying wolf could crap to aliens by there throats .. im saying he would have had razor sharp tails in his F**king torso, Jog on son................!

Americanized to me in this case means a horror movie transformed into …. How many explosions, effects and gunshots can we get into this scene. Watch a film called 28 days later. Its what British horror is all about.

I know I'm gilty for this too but I think you guys are nit-picking this movie way too much. Whats the big deal? The Predator punched it to the ground. What about when Lex could simply pick up a combistick and kill an Alien instantly while Celtic tired his ass off and got nailed? Or even Scar for that. He stumbled around like an idiot and relied of his caster. May have not been too fair to the Alien fans, but its not the end of the franchise for gods sake. You can't expect master peices anymore, just fun movies like these. I honestly don't think this movie was that bad, I rank this one in the top 3.

As for Deathwraith, I'm gonna make this short and sweet. One Predator against one Alien, I think a Predator has more chances of winning unless the Alien has numbers and thats what the Aliens work by, ...numbers.

I'm not a "n00b". I can't stand that crap. You need to calm yourself. Don't spazz on me for having an opinion that you don't agree with. Please show me wehre I said something like "PREDS ARE LEIK SO KOOL AND THE ALIENS ARE SO STUPID".

Seems like your just blurting out things to make it sound like you have a point. Yes, there are kids out there that say things like that. Not just Predator fans but Alien fans as well. I never said anything like that. I honestly love the Aliens.

Killswitch, your insulting me with that. Go watch Halloween or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Thats what american horror is all about. lol sorry. I hated the 28 movies. They did great with realism but didn't catch my interest. I love classic zombie films like Day of the Dead, orignal Dawn of the Dead etc. Funny thing is, the zombie concepts came from american horror comics.

About AvP again. I'd rather watch what we saw in AvPr than "whose gonna win." Thats what I wanted and I'm satisfied.

The way I always saw it, Requiem was never going to be the masterpiece AVP film we'd been waiting for, but merely an action-packed stepping stone towards what we all really wanted to see...Aliens vs. Predator in space.

The aliens were short-changed all over the place in Requiem, I definitely admit that, but as primarily a predator fan, I honestly couldn't help but love the film for the sheer fact that The Wolf was so awesome. Sure it was a little bit comic-like in places, with him taking out swarms of aliens effortlessly, which was a bit over the top at some points, but as I said earlier...I always envisioned AVP3 to be the film to really bring the franchises back to form.

Voltage-3000, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

you know i think the movie was way bettr than the first lol its darker and more action packed and it was awsome how their was no heros or hope. it was either survive or die no room for that love crap and u lose one well then u lose one but i liked it. but here they were trying to ban it because of the babies and pregncy part was way to adult i guess.

I actually want a AVP movie just to be about AVP i don't want any humans to relate to i just want aliens fght predators in war.

and i disagree stalker the pnt where he is going all out effortlessly is prbably what we would see in a mild te predator. in the first one the preds were rookies in the test they died like quick so i think they were trying to show a more evolved pred who has better experince with them.

Wow Cory, you keep missunderstanding more and more of what i say... Remember when you thought i was being serious about chuck norris? Keep that in mind while you read my posts. I didn't say that you run around screaming like a n00b and i say n00b because i like that word more than the word "idiot" and it's less likely to offend someone. But the way you talk about aliens, "all they have is numbers", that is a wrong idea. Except for Aliens, and ofcourse Res, which is not really worth counting cos of he hybrid Ripley, They didn't have numbers. I don't know HOW people get the idea that aliens should be many to kill someone, but that is the wrong idea that make you sound to me like you are about to say "aliens suck and preds are so kool". I'm not saying that you feel that way, but you sure sound that way when you say the predator has a bigger chance. Why? Because he's so kool with all those weapons? Huh? And because the aliens are so weak and only have numbers? Huh? Isn't that what the people i call n00bs think? Don't you think that after hanging around alien fans for so long you should think otherwise, and give an alien a real chance against a predator?

And for the record, i am ALWAYS calm, if it ever looks to you like i werent, then i'm doing it just to taunt you and it obviously works. Sorry if i ever offend you, it's a reflex of mine.

Numbers? Forget it. Just stick on Ridley Scotts Alien in your DVD player or David Finchers Alien3 and watch the Xenomorph go to work. No need for numbers, the things are bred to kill. It's what they do.

I personally think that you'll never get another decent film so long as they keep pushing down this comic book VS road. I think it's just a case of Fox making a quick buck, and giving a newer generation of Alien/Pred fans an easy ride, with some explosions, gore and very little else but that. For some of you, that's more than enough, for me, as i've said, i would gladly watch Alien Resurrection over both AVP films any day, and that's not dramatic, that's the gospel truth. At least we had Ripley, at least we had a decent story, at least we had characters we cared for, and we actually had a decent setting.

For all the time they said they spent on Requiem, you'd think they would've got it right. As i stated in previous posts, i loved the creature designs, and the sound effects and movie score were fantastic, but the film, itself just relied on the action and little else, there was no fillers in between, no-one to identify with, no real sense of desperation or darkness. It just wasn't an Alien/Pred film.

More from me later......

The xenomorphs were shown to be more powerful as individuals in Alien & Alien3, mainly because they were killing unarmed humans the entire time...it's a world away from fighting combat-hardened marines, let alone predators.

As I've said before though, the way Wolf tore through groups of them without taking a scratch of damage was definitely over the top.

Again though, the Xenomorphs don't need numbers. Grid wiped out chopper in the blink of an eye, then dispatched Celtic without aid of any other aliens. Was completely fair game in my opinion.

Quite frankly, the only enjoyable moments in the movie for the alien fans would have been watching that lone alien knock Wolf off the walkway at the power station, and also watching the predalien man handle Wolf at the end. Other than that, it was a damn shooting gallery. Hardly what everyone paid to go and see in my opinion.

As i said before, should've been a hunting pack of Predators, against the whole town of aliens with the few survivors mixed in, with of course, some strong lead characters thrown in from the Army/marines. Not superma....err i mean Wolf, dispatching everything left, right and center.

I agree with you there, Dave. Only that shouldn't of happened. They were hunting the Aliens, they knew they were there. Not the other way around. That shouldn't of happened. They should have been aware of Grid. Or what about when Grid lefted Chopper up and he didn't do a thing. It reminds you of how the Wolf lefted those Aliens up and they didn't do a thing. Thats why I think this movie is to make up for the last film so the Predator fans have something to enjoy avp wise.

And yes, I do enjoy having one bad ass Predator that really knows what its doing, taking down those Aliens. I'm more of a Predator fan, thats why I paid to see this movie.

Deathwraith

I don't believe Aliens are weak. Obvously they are not if they can tare open vents and pull down Bill Paxton. I just think when they are up against a Predator, they are better off with numbers. Otherwise they are golden at what they do. Get me?