Davian, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I really dont think it would attack the predators.
***************SPECULATION!!!!*************
First it would most likely sabatouge(not spelled right i know) the ship in some amazing way causing the predators to possibly use life escape pods to abandon the ship. Predalien sneaks on board on of these escape pods, kills the predator, it survives on Earth, all hell brakes loose.
***************END OF SPECULATION***********
So... thats a possibility. But the predalien IS going to survive. The predators might survive... might not... but the predalien IS going to survive on the ship.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Ok... ok... i understand that some of you pred fans are humans and you would like the preds to be humans too, but... have you ever noticed that there really IS no movie in which the predalien survives? Have you ever thought about the fact that preds, are in fact, NOT human. And that actually, until now, never have we seen an alien (exept 4 that facehugger, which is a very small alien) have the element of surprise over a predator. Also, PREDS ARE NOT HUMANS!!! They hunt aliens, not the other way around, because if it were the other way around there would have been alot more predaliens in AvP. It can get easy for even one single pred to kill an alien, so a WHOLE SHIP FULL OF PREDS? But just so you know what the predalien would probably do... it would probably try to make a queen. Because it has no queen. And that`s his instinct, to make a queen where there is none. Now if the queen, an ever bigger and more noticeble alien would be lucky enaugh for the preds to be jsut as dumb and to have just as bad equipement on their ship as the humans did in the alien franchise, then it could lay eggs and that could make more predaliens. But not likely.

City-Hunter, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Lets not forget the fact that in AvP2 they are not continueing AvP1. They could just be making their own AvP with a PredAlien.

Inferno, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Not to put you down deathwraith, but any hunter can become the hunted. It all depends on stealth and, in my opinion, luck, when dealing with preds. The alien may not be as smart as the preds, but it is much more animalistic. Sometimes that is all that is needed to win.

A human was able to beat the predator in Predator. So, why can't a lone predalien beat a few predators?

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Untrained fairly newborn predalien versus a ship with many mixed ranks of preds, among them very experienced hunters.

I like to call Jungle Hunter an experienced hunter, but did you see Dutch?! He was a very well trained experienced commando. And if Dutch wasnt smart, and didnt have the knowledge or strength that he did, the pred would have torn him UP.

That was one experienced human versus one experienced pred. This is one newborn alien against perhaps hundreds of thousands of preds, old and young, new and experienced.

The only chance for the alien is the element of surprise, and odds still dont look very good.

The Alien could make a queen, but the clan has captured a queen before, and if they really wanted too, they could kill it with ease considering it may have only taken a percentage of the clan just to catch a queen.
Also, the queen would have to have a fairly big space to hold all the eggs, hosts, and drones that would be needed for the job, and the clan would be bound to catch on sooner or later.

And if something would happen to some of the clan, who's to say the ship couldnt be heading back to the predator homeworld after the unsuccesful hunt?

And with all of the female yautja which are thought to be stronger and bigger than the males the aliens would be in a world of trouble since the females are thought to stay at the homeworld to protect any threat to the planet and to care for their young, so i would expect the females to be atleast alittle skilled in combat and/or use of weapons.

I am not saying this as what would happen in AVP2 as i heard AVP2 would not continue where AVP left off.
Also i am not saying the Aliens would not have a chance, but with all the posibilities and things i mentioned above, it would seem pretty hard to survive as an alien on a pred ship.

Just my opinnion...I am not posting this as a biased member.

I agree BW. Most of us see what would realisticlly happen. But with some movie magic they could turn it all around. But we don't have to worry about that. I don't think their continueing the first AvP. What happened in AvP was wrapped up nothing to continue. We know what will happen when there's a chestburster on board a clanship full of experienced Predators.

Besides, from what I hear, this movie is connected with the first Predator film.

Just to point out, I hear they are bringing to Predator and Alien classic theme songs to the movies. That has me excited. Not a big deal just makes the movie that much better in my head.

x_saysell, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

In AvP2 the predalien will no-doubt out do alot of predators, for the simple reason:

It would please the masses.

As the predalien is a hybrid it will no doubt be god like on film because, it would rake in more profits they tried to do the same thing on reserection.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Predaliens are merely drones with a few predator physical traits, they are not "God-like" in any way. There is no doubt in my mind that most elders would have slain their fair share of predaliens over the years.

x_saysell, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Yea but look at it from a finacial point of view if youre making a movie that from two franchizes that the majority of people casualy watch every so often and dont know much of the background to it, if you have a single being versus many you are going to make the one being be able to square up to the many beings and still put up a good fight (it makes a better action movie) ( but hopefully AvP 2 wont be an action movie like its predicesor)

I know that a single predalien would be slaughtered against a ship of preds 'coz frankly they're not much better than warriors and the ship will most likely contain many high level predators

Just letting you know theres only one Predator in most of the movie. I don't think the Aliens will be killing many Predator. I think the Predator will be killing many Aliens. We'll have to wait and see when other Predators make an appearence.

And as Stalker said, the Predalien is no different than any other drone besides its physical features. Probably alot of the fighting will be between the Predalien and the one Predator. I hope the Predator doesn't die in this movie for a change.

kaizen12, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

well the pred ailien hav a new power that fuses with electricity and hak into the pred system(jst a guess)

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I seriously hope they do not do that.

It would just be insane for an alien to be able to fuse with electricity and run through power lines or something.

I hope all humans die in this movie. And IRL too. But i don`t think it`ll happen...

I don't think thats quit right, kaizen12. I've never even heard that before. If they pulled that kind of fantasy into the Alien/Predator movies I'd loose my interest.

Inferno, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I had an idea. It involves the intelligence level of this hybrid. What if the aliens, when they take a host, have a dumbed down version of the host's mind. As in an "human" alien would have a dumbed down human mind. Since I am pretty sure the predators are much smarter than a human is(just look at the technology), I believe the Alien may actually have an intelligence degree just a little less than human. Now this is all based on my idea of inherited inteligence level but if it is true, this alien may be of a decent mind.

So if this is true, we do not know what this thing could do.

My thoughts are Alien's minds can't be compared to humans because how they work is a completely different way. Like comparing bugs that use instincts compared to humans complex mind. Not saying Aliens are exactly like that. I say, I think, that they function a different way.

Predators on the other hand are alot like humans but they are alot more complex in thinking.

EDIT:

I guess I am wrong about the continueation of the first AvP.

"Update 27-May-07 - Assistant Art Director Andrew Li mentioned that they remade the Predator ship and altar bed from the first AvP. This most likely means that AvP2 will carry on from AvP with the Predalien Chestburster."

Meaning the Predalien from the frist film makes its way to AvP2, also. Some of us could be proven wrong about the result of a predalien chestburster in a Predator clanship. I hope they don't do what I hoped them not to do and have a Predalien tar apart that ship by itself.

We'll have to wait and see...

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Maybe it'll trap itself into an escape pod or something, which somehow manages to get to the film's main location and starts a hive. A hundred experienced Predators would have no problem beating the living ass out of a Predalien or any other kind of hybrid. Hell, two experienced Predators would have no problem beating the living ass out of a Predalien or any other kind of hybrid for that matter.

predator428, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

The plot line for the new psp game is that the predalien killed all the predators and crashed the ship on earth. They may have gotten that from the movie but I hope they just made it up. There is just no way a predalien could kill all those predators.

Well in the games predaliens are always very strong. In AvP2 (game) the predaliens are almost as strong as the praetorians. Well... maybe even stronger... So who knows how strong they`ll make it in a movie.