Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

If it was indeed a piece of Hawkins' mangled body that hit Blaine, I assume that the pred must've pushed it onto the end of one of his speargun rounds & fired it, as you could clearly see by it's trajectory & speed that it was fired at him, not thrown. This theory seems the most likely to me, as it explains why so much blood splattered onto Blaine without leaving any sort of wound.

(& Switcher, ol' Painless was the nickname Blaine's minigun had been given, probably because targets would be torn apart & killed so quickly by it's powerful armour-piercing rounds & massive discharge rate that they wouldn't feel any pain when they died.)

thorndesignssig.jpg

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

if it went by him so close there should of been some tell signs and not the spatter right or no??

lasciate ogni speranza voi ch' entrate

I don't quite understand what you mean. What I meant was that the pred probably pushed a piece of flesh from Hawkins' body onto one of the speargun rounds & fired it at Blaine, the round only grazed him, but because of the piece of flesh that was stuck onto it, the blood splattered onto him, leaving him momentarily shocked & exposed for the follow-up caster attack.

thorndesignssig.jpg

why in the world would anyone even a predator put flesh in the speargun for thats like out right unethical aint it?!

Well Predators are fairly brutal creatures. If they can cut someone's heart almost in two (Danny's death in Predator 2) & skin people down to the bone, I'm sure they can stick a piece of flesh on the tip of a speargun round & fire it at their prey.

thorndesignssig.jpg

bone straight bone i understand but flesh like meat and blood thats just i dnt know not gross but messy and can u answer my question about the meat and the detective

I didn't understand your question about the meat, you mentioned something about why didn't it leave "tell signs" instead of splattering, can you please elaborate further on this? as I didn't quite understand it, & I already explained why it splattered. I don't even remember the question you asked about the "detective" unless it was on a previous page.

edit: Harrigan wasn't hiding his body heat, the predator could clearly see him. Since they were in an abbatoir, pretty much everything else was cold, meaning that he would've stood out like a light bulb.

thorndesignssig.jpg

the tell signs if someone fired a gun near u the gun powder would be sprayed on u if the flesh would be in the spear gun wouldnt the bone fragments hit the guy and i could of sworn he was covered in the gas stuff that hides body heat i should watch it again?!?!?!?

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

Why would there be bone fragments?

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

when u fire just about any guns like a rifle when hunting the bullet sprays the bb's in side of it i thought that a spear gun would break the flesh apart i thought it was a whole piece of flesh and not broken apart

I imagine the pred would have fired the speargun from a perched position up in a tree about 10-15 yards away, & considering how advanced their technology is, I doubt the weapon would use gunpowder. A speargun is capable of great discretion, & is fairly quiet while firing, so the actual shot wouldn't have been so noticeable, as there would have been little muzzle flash or sound; there would also have been no bone fragments if it was only flesh which was skewered onto the speargun round.

A speargun is somewhat like a cross between a sniper rifle & a crossbow in case you didn't know, it fires small wishbone-shaped spears that are sharp enough to cut through flesh & bone. The way you're describing it, it sounds as if you percieve the speargun as any other traditional firearm, much like the ones we use today. It is infact a vastly different weapon.

I think you misunderstood the abbatoir scene in Predator 2. Keyes' team were wearing suits that cancelled out their body heat, effectively making them invisible to the predator's thermal vision mode. Little did they know it was capable of seeing in other spectrums too. The "dust" they were dispersing into the air was a special chemical that would linger in the air & adhere to the creatures' body if touched, making him easier to spot if he was using his cloak. Harrigan wasn't intended to be part of their plan, & as a result, wasn't tooled up with any of the equipment which was used to cancel out the body heat of the capture team, meaning that the predator could clearly see him in thermal vision.

thorndesignssig.jpg

its harder to pack just flesh in anything and have it shoot right and if its that far away (I am bad with math) wouldnt it need bone for the pojection? so Harrigan dnt use the heat canceling thingy i could of sworn he did and again i need to watch the movie again i used to fall asleep watching the movie

A speargun's ammunition is actually mounted on a small, rack-like magazine at the tip of the barrell. Upon each round being fired, a new one is automatically loaded by a small mechanism which compresses the magazine inwards & loads in the next round. The razor-sharp tip of the loaded round still protrudes somewhat from the end of the barrell, which would make it quite easy to skewer a small piece of flesh onto the tip of the round before firing. Think of the speargun as being a little like a crossbow combined with a sniper rifle. Except instead of firing arrows or crossbow bolts, it fires fist-sized, wishbone-shaped blades.

thorndesignssig.jpg

if they are skewering small peices if flesh on the end wouldnt we see the tip and the the v shape as well?!

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

But you do see the V shape.

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

sorry i so need my movie back so bad ur probably right if u are i am sorry to doute u

lol, don't be sorry for anything, I haven't had a good debate like this in ages.

thorndesignssig.jpg

i have one more on pred. 2 the part just before pred. takes care of his hand ( i so need a clan)

the det. and the pred.(what ever the pred.s name is) is hanging off the det. shouldnt the det. have his arm out of his socket by that point if the pred. is heavier then humans are?

The average predator weights over 350lbs, so yes, technically his arm should have been pulled out of the socket, or considering the circumstances, pulled off the edge of the building, as Harrigan didn't have any kind of leverage to be able to hold the pred up, technically he should have been pulled over the edge to his death. I assume it was another one of those "magic movie moments" where the main character is capable of an extraordinary yet unexplained feat. Such as when Ripley manages to hold onto the ladder at the end of Aliens despite the fact that she had a 3000lb queen dangling off of her leg.

thorndesignssig.jpg

i never thought queens are that heavy i just thought maybe 1500 to 2000 not that much how much is the heaviest alien ok back to my pred. question what does the different marks mean on them
EDIT: if u want a debate i will bring it if i can lol (is supposed to be a joke yea i know bad huh?!)