The Marines Vs Predators

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

i think if all the marines ibn aliens where to face a predator clan they might stand a chance

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

I can understand him being upset, but telling someone to F*ck off over a movie is a tad childish.

deathdrop1.jpg

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

i dont think they could if the marines were from that one movie :C they were all wiped out by not a WHOLE lot of xenomorphs, i dont think they could go up against a clan of predators and live : \

673296.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

mabey but hell vasquez kick some ing hard plus the aliens cheated and came outta the walls which was bull so i dont know but im talkin like a clan of spear masters

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

My money would defenantly have to be on the predators. Half of the marines from that squad were a bunch of wise cracking, gung-ho hooligans looking to shoot something, even their leader Lt. Gorman was completely incompetent. Only a few of the marines seemed to handle their respective situations well (needless to say, Hicks wasn't one of them). In truth, the hardest of them all had to be vasquez, I mean come on, she pinned a warrior against a vent wall with her bare hands & started blasting into the side of it's head, that takes some serious strength, although she was fairly careless & arrogant as well, as she was one of the ones who continued using her smartgun, disobeying direct orders not to use bullets when they were inside of the hive.

stalker.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

spear masters are from the games. (not being mean) but movies are counted on as a source of correct info.

anyway the aliens didn't come out of they walls they blended in and they were hard to see since it was dark.

anyway if they had to go up against the pred from predator then they may win because they had motion sensors, but a clan i dont think so.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board
"It is not the way you die that makes you a hero, it is the way you live."

^ditto stalker.

and the marine that gave the gun to ripley which one was that? Hudson or hicks? I cant remember it has been so long. i know he survived. he always looked real serious to me or atleast when he gave ripley the gun and was showing her what to do with it and stuff.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

That was Hicks, one of the few marines that actually took the situation seriously & was one of the more responsible of the group. He survived Aliens, yes, but ironically, at the beginning of A3 when the cryo-stasis wing of the sulaco was ejected due to a "fire hazard" & crashed-landed on Fiory 161, he was impaled through the head by a safety support & killed instantly

stalker.jpg

That is ret@rded. Getting killed by a SAFETY support system. man i saw a pic when his head was blown off in an older topic.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

But in a way it made the third movir better, bringing back newt & Hicks would have made it too "happy". The makers of A3 thought that the most powerful image for the movie would be Ripley returning alone, having the ones who she held so close once again taken away from her. Although Michean Biehn wasn't too happy about his character being killed off

stalker.jpg

yeah in that old topic i heard that he told that guy to F**k off. or something. but when they explained it it sounded like michael was drunk.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

he was sober in the interview I heard it in, he said he was very hurt, & didn't understand why they needed to kill his character off, he took it quite hard

stalker.jpg

i heard somone say that the Guy called him up and told him the news. then something about forgetting the guys name and hicks just told the guy F**k off. i dont remember who told me that.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

I don't remember that part, all I know is that he took the news quite badly, as if one of his dear friends had died or something, so it would be quite likely that he would've said that

stalker.jpg

well i would have too man, i mean that was a role that he probably loved to have and really grew into it. then after one movie it was like BOOM. that part of him died.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

I think that the marines would be able to hold out for a bit, but the Predators would overwhelm them. Were talking about 100 predators or so here!

Drenton.jpg

It is understandable really, Hicks was a great character, one the audience could really relate to, he became very likeable during the movie & I'm sure there are alot of fans out there who absolutely hate the fact that Hicks died, personally though, I think that A3 was better off for it

stalker.jpg

yeah but still........he was just a cool guy. *cries* lol

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

I agree with DD. I mean, after all, He must have known that his charecter may get killed in the next film, or that there would be many script changes.

Drenton.jpg

The third movie was much better off for having both of them killed anyway, it wouldn't have had the same isolated feeling if they were still there to help & support Ripley against the third alien

stalker.jpg

yeah, i guess it was for the best

blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Rules Of The Board