Soldier, Undefined, 18 years ago

Ya, the whole thing with the newborn thinking Ripley 8 was its mother was stupid though. If an alien had enough human DNA to think a human as its mother, it probably isn't an alien at all.

predalien_64, Undefined, 18 years ago

the game was based on the AVP comics which have a lot of info on alien and preds, but it a meant for a fun time cutting, shooting, and netting CPU players but planetAVP pervades a lot of info aliens, predator & humans.

24200030516.jpg

Predalien of the Shadow Serpents

Soldier, Undefined, 18 years ago

D@mn. Accidently pressed enter. Pleae delete that last post.

EDIT
Sorry, didn't see edit. Please delete this post. If you didn't see, the last post used to be blank.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

ok, the main issue with the change of design is to tie in with the alien life cycle. All aliens with plain domed heads are classed as drones, think of them as teenage aliens if you will, as they get older, the domed head begins to shrink and fit tightly around the xenomorph skull revealing the indented head of the alien underneath, this is now what we commonly refer to as a 'warrior' alien, or a matured xenomorph.

Now in regards to alien 3 - the alien had crossed DNA mix with an OX so in physical appearance and movement slightly differed from those aliens who birth from human hosts. In essence, this alien is still a drone but with mixed genes taken from an animal. Som refer to this alien as a runner, but that is just a fabrication made up for the games and has nothing to do with the movies.

Scientific intervention and tampering was the result of the aliens we see in Resurrection, they are not average alien drones and were given a helping hand in their creation by scientitst working on the USSM Auriga. Geneticly tampered DNA crossing led an overfow of human genes being passed down onto the aliens making their appearance alter slightly and their intelligence level raised more than normal.

AVP - the aliens are just standard drones, nothing more, nothing less, though strangely their appearance is very close to the aliens from resurrection minus the different skin pigmentation, in instances like this i beleive it's just the directors personal preference on how he would like the aliens to look for that particular movie. To be technical, they should have looked like gigers drones, but as with technology, we have to move with the times and expect the special effects and puppeteering departments to progress and advance as time goes on.

Phew, hope i covered most of it.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

runners dont excist ? i thought that was the nick name for the Xenomorph in Alien3

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I consider those who use their main source of info from games and comics to be slightly less knowledgable in regards to the true life cycle of the alien used in the movies.

runners, praetorians etc don't exist within the frame of the alien films, as i mentioned they are all fabricated for younger audiences to give them more longevity when engaged in playing the alien games.

Another mistake made by most who follow the games and comics is in the regard of thinking the aliens are only effective being based in their HIVE near the queen etc, this is false, xenomorphs are totally self sufficient away from the confines of their HIVE, they are built to survive in any environment, in or out of their homes unlike the theories given to us outside of the films, which are the true source of the alien information that most of the hardcore fans would have obtained.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

The Preatorian was created for the games and such. Dave was using info only from the movies, as that is really the main source of info.

deathdrop1.jpg

Scar_Face, Undefined, 18 years ago

Wait, what do you mean by Drone?

Drone as in a subject within a large colony.

Or, Drone as in the type of Alien.

Yes, you could consider the Runner as a drone. It is a loyal subject within the hive. But, it is refered to as a Runner in cannon as to its separate traits from the human hosted Aliens.

They're all drones, except for the queen, and the Preatorian which is commonly refered to as the Princess Alien. They are all technically drones because they are what I said earlier, menial subjects that are numerous within a large colony.

No, that was the name given for them in the games. Many people class the drone in alien three as a 'dog' alien but true fans would know that in the extended edition, the alien actually comes from an OX which was used to pull Ripleys crashed EEV from the water.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

thats odd,hmmm never knew that lol

i should start watching more Alien movies lol
have all of them besides 3

Slighly less knowlegable? I am insulted.

The Runner may be a nickname yes, but the Predator is technically a nickname too. Its real name is a Yautja, because it is what they call themselves, but I don't see you thrashing that about.

Top Teir Cannon: Movies
Second Tier Cannon: Books, comics games, etc.

I hope you know the definitions of Cannon. As long as Second teir information does not interfere with Top Tier information, it is factual.

Preatorians are cannon. They're Second Tier, wich is still official. And in the movies there is no mention of them, nore any other type of refrence of it.

Since the Preatorian is Second Teir it is still factual. If nothing in Top Tier even mentions it, how can it contradict it?

So the Preatorian does exist.

Now the Runner really doesn't mean that it's a whole other breed, it is just a nickname to tell them apart. The movies never said anything about it not being called Runner, so why can't we call it Runner?

By the way, nobody ever said that the Aliens weren't self sufficiant.

Praetorians were never at all mentioned before the game rose to keep the younger alien audiences at bay. You have the right to be insulted but by no means was it intended that way. I strongly disagree with most of the alien/predator features displayed within the games as it just embelishes a lead into a completely over exagerated universe, one that was solely created to add more features to keep game players entertained.

And as for the self sufficient comment, i never actually stated that anyone including yourself had said that, i was merely stated another over used theory that is in-correct which is commonly used from the so called 'cannon' games.

if people wish to take the route of basing their opinions on games and not actually from the real creators of the aliens themselves (giger) etc then that's fine with me, but i prefer to stick to the hardcore facts presented to us from the films which as mentioned, are the first base of information for the whole franchise.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

I see your point. My bad.

but in aliens,i thought that was an old hive and they grew into what they r.i thought they were sperate.

Not at all dude, everyone has their own opinions, i welcome anyone who likes to have large discussions like this, makes the forum what it is. It's all personal preference at the end of the day, i can be quite stubborn when it comes into looking at things from the games/comics side!

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Because technically they are the same thing. That is why I didn't agree with Extinction making them as seperate.

got a question,so theres no connection between the "runner"(from game) and the Alien in Alien3?

hmm... interesting..... I've never heard of it being called an OX Alien before.

ive been to many alien bio sites and they never mention anything about an alien growing into a warrior.They only talk about the drone.why is that?

A lot of the facts that I stick with only come frome one game, AVP: EXTINCTION. It's an awsome game, yet I don't agree with the seperation of Drones and Warriors, nor do I agree with how the Runner is made. I suppose though, they only did these to make the game a little better.