Unknown, Yautja, 18 years ago

Ok completly...disagree with Stalker...why ?

Simple he did not make the 2nd pred movie therefore he does not know that the pred that got killed by that human guy(Can't remember his name)was actuly blooded.There were many other preds on that ship there fore that skull rack could of belongend to any of them so there for i dnt think anderson is all that bad.In my eyes AVP was not tht bad since it is the first AVp film to be made i dnt think any one could have done better in my opinion now im not saying that anderson is the best but you have to give him credit for trying because he was the first to take the project on.He was brave enough to try and make AVP and i think he succeeded very well with what he had.

So stalker if you can prove me wrong with your h8red of anderson that he did not know any thing bout preds please say i would like to know how u KNOW that skull rack belonged to that pred.

Katam.jpg
liquidaffiliate.jpg
Messageboard Rules.

preds from avp ar unblooden need kill alien for mark of warrior (men)

Daemon how makes Trophy out of men

Stalker, I agree totally and absalutely with your critisms of Anderson. I allmost retched when I heard that bit, because, all over the world, un-edjucated people now think that City and Jungle hunter were ten or somthing.

Bow chicka wow wow. What ever that means.

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

Katam, you could clearly see him placing King Willy's skull in that specific trophy case, as the camera pans out you can see the other skulls, the same ones that Harrigan saw in the trophy case at the end, proving that it was that pred's trophy case.

Also, as I have stated several times, anderson made the preds seem much less impressive than they should have been. Not only were they sorry excuses for yautja (especially scar) but that skinny little rat actually had the audacity to say that in comparison with his own preds, the original preds were little children, that alone makes me want to smack him out.

He thought his own preds were far superior to the original greats, when they were clearly noob unbloods who couldn't hunt a dead carcass.
The original preds were almost unstoppable forces, individually taking out groups of heavily armed men was childs play for them. Wheras Scar had to be savid about 3 times by Lex, that is the most pathetic & weakling thing I have ever seen.

Granted, Celtic was a hard @$$, & he had Grid beat until he got kinda cocky towards the end of the fight. But Chopper & Scar wouldn't know a combistick from a tree branch, they were such pathetic excuses for hunters that they should have never even been let on the blooding hunt, they should have still been in a nursery $ucking their thumb, lol. Chopper was paying absolutely no attention to his surroundings & was about to take Lex's head off when she was hardly a threat. Yes, she had the plasmacaster, & yes, she was about to grab the ice pick, but that still would be little excuse for killing her, he could have just taken the caster off of her & tossed her aside, & the ice pick would be of minimal threat.

& on to the pathetic wuss known as Scar. The most embarrasing excuse for a predator I have ever seen. He ran at a snails pace, he couldn't even keep up with Lex. Granted, this is because it was hard for actor Ian Whyte to run fast in the suit, but it reflected poorly on Scar nonetheless. On top of this, his ability to mind his surroundings was even worse than Choppers. Let's see, he got jumped on from behind by a facehugger, then by a drone, then by another drone, then stood there like an idiot & got impaled by the queen. Pretty bad repetoire don't u think? The biggest discgrace for him by far though was needing Lex's help. Fair enough, he didn't have to kill her, preds aren't like that, but actually parading around like her personal bodyguard, pfftttt, what a disgrace. She also seemed to be better at defending herself than him, as she was always the one saving his @$$. Now if that ain't pathetic, I don't know what is.

I think I've more than cleared up all the reasons why anderson didn't portray the preds anywhere near as good as they should have been.
He is a complete fool who doesn't know the first thing about the creatures & just wanted them to be the second to the aliens in the film. The preds got nowhere until Scar got his caster, which is an absolute load of rubbish as preds are excellent close-range fighters. The original predators are turning in their graves after anderson's complete butchering & shoddy portrayal of their kind in AVP.

stalker.jpg

Damned straight Stalker. I mean, Celtic would have surly known that aliens have acid blood, and that the nets are sharp, and yet, he woddles over towards grid, when the acid can clearly be seen.

Stalker's point about the ice pick was proven later on. Weyalnd was blocked with relitive ease, and speed. Celtic would have known that humans did'nt have the knowedge to wield a plasma caster, and that killing a defencless human would bring shame upon him.

Now scar. He was beaten to a bloddy pulp. and he would have died instantly of the blow to the gut. He was still able to throw his shuriken (The only nice looking weapon in AvP, apart from the wrist-blades) use his wrist blades, and his combi-stick, after having the bone in his arm cracked.

drenton.jpg

OTANG, Yautja, 18 years ago

kat how can u honestly sit there and say, anderson wasnt biased? everything that fool has commented on has been on xenos. argh!

otang-sig1.gif
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

the_doctor, Yautja, 18 years ago

yep anderson was all about the xenos, he treated preds like a joke. seriously how could a real director do that, you cant let personaly preference get in the way of making a good film

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

Ok Otang i did never actuly say he was not baist yes he might be alittle but please do not put words in my mouth i never said he was not.On a second note i am not defending him i am defending the movie.

Now for you stalker if you so seem to think that humans compaired to preds is just so unlikly and pothetic then il take it you dnt like the first pred movie hmmm ? ye arnold wiped the floor with that pred with blood sticks and stones.

Now if scar was so rubish how was he the last to survive hmmm ?

Now in my opinion the AVP preds were very much surperior to pred 1 & 2 considering they also took out light to meduim armed men plus a few alien they clearly killed many more then the preds in 1 & 2 and the size of them i think if u put one of the preds in AVP up with a pred in pred 1 & 2 and told them to have an arm resal(sry can't spell that word)the AVP pred would rip the arm of the other pittiful pred.

Now on the note of scar with his mistakes if he is a kid im sure he aint ging to get thinks right away.Now im sure u have done things in ur life the wrong way many times and have always been the same mistake but now have learnd yes ?

So how you can sit there and say scar is a wuss is beyond me.

Fact is Preds and humans actuly aint all that diffrent.

now i could go on all day but im geting bored of this cause you just dnt seem to see were im coming from.

Katam.jpg
liquidaffiliate.jpg
Messageboard Rules.

The pred had Dutch beat, he had him up against a tree & could have killed him in an instant if he really wanted to. But just to make the fight a bit more interesting, & because of his honour codes, he stripped him self of his plasmacaster & dueled with Dutch bare-handed. Even then he could have killed him easily, he was only toying with him, slapping him around to try & see how hard he would retaliate, even when Dutch backhanded the predator, a blow that would have knocked a normal man out, the predator was barelty phased by the hit, he could have killed Dutch in 1 punch if he really wanted to, but he wanted to at least give him a chance to fight back. Then Dutch goes & drops a log on him, & he still wasn't dead, yes, he was seriously injured, but still not dead. Predators are far supererior to humans in pretty much every way, &, like in just about every movie, the main character always HAS to survive in the finale.
Look where fighting the predator got Billy, even with his huge knife, the pred finished him with ease in seconds, & for the record, I think that the original predator is one of the greatest sci-fi/horror films of all time, in contray to your statement, now don't get me wrong, I can see where ur coming from, & preds aren't invincible by any means, but the more experienced hunters don't appear far from it in terms of their toughness, brutality, & unsuprassed ability to slaughter their unfortunate prey.

stalker.jpg

I only prefered the pred from predator 2 because of his armour and skin pattern. Otang has made some very good points, as has Katam, and yours truly. I dont want this to turn into a fight. Just keep that in mind.

Not that I think this is becoming an argument.

drenton.jpg

i like this drenton guy he has a good head on his shoulders. :)

nope katam if u are defending the movie, not the director, u can say it was a fun movie. but ur implying that anderson wasn't biased. (and u cant say ur are not cuz thats your whole argument whether u say so or not) he obviously was (let me know when u do see the behind the scenes and director's commentary cut if u have seen them at all). and the yuatja in AvP as u say" the size of them i think if u put one of the preds in AVP up with a pred in pred 1 & 2 and told them to have an arm resal(sry can't spell that word)the AVP pred would rip the arm of the other pittiful pred.", thats the whole deal that he physically and ideally WARPED and almost desecrated the whole franchise when he made them huge like that, not to mention all that armor and equipment. they are not soldiers they are hunters. if u have ever gone hunting, u would know hunters dont take an arsenal of a 3 Remington 12 guages, 4 .416 Rigby deer rifles, 3 Diamond Triumph compound bows, to hunt a deer, dove, duck or whatever they hunt where u are, only the necessties are taken. they dont have to bench press 685 lbs nor be in the greatest physical shape. (i know u will try to say that they have to be in better shape to hunt humans and xenos but its ridiculous to make them that size. unless they plan on wrestling gorrillas or soemthing)

when u say "Now on the note of scar with his mistakes if he is a kid im sure he aint ging to get thinks right away" this species goes thru training and many years of it and some bumbling director comes along and makes them look like a Pop Warner Football team playing in the NFL. this guy obviously didnt make his research when he filmed.

Kat:"ye arnold wiped the floor with that pred with blood sticks and stones" what movie were u watching KAT? lol

kat:"Now i dnt think anderson did think aliens were everything and preds nothing because if u think he made preds look rather gd in one scene if i am not mistaken.Millions of aliens attacking 3 preds and tho's preds must of killed thousands upon thousands of aliens" poor example of yautja prowess. sure this is possible, but not thousands and thouasands, and it was just for effect anyways. the yautja in they flashback were much better than the AvP hunting group anyways.

somehow this argument went towards the AvP movie lol but although a fun movie, it was one big farse. scar taking out one alien so effortlessly then slicing a face hugger with hardly any reaction time, but soemhow getting facehugged with the runt of the xeno litter lol. poor directing, but still fun movie. when u go deeper into the root of the franchises u can consider this movie to just be made for the kiddies and for box office numbers, which as we can see on this site obviously worked.

predator was a poorly made movie. but it showed us what is 'out there'(figuretivly speaking). predator 2 was not as popular, but it showed us what they can do, and what they wont do. watch those two then watch AvP and the comparison is undeniably obvious that the AvP yuatja could not be the more mature hunters anderson claimed them to be.

otang-sig1.gif
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

this is good argument lol

otang-sig1.gif
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

I have to agree with just about everything u said otang, except maybe the part about predator being a poorly made film, my personal opinion is quite the opposite. But back to the pred comparisons. The preds from AVP (& in some ways, the aliens) didn't seem true to their predecessors, they seemed like shadows of their former selves. The depth had been removed from both creature's mystique, & they were stripped down to their bare essentials in a way. The preds went from stealthy, lean, deadly hunters, into massive, hulking wrestlers with way too much body armour on, & none of their equipment was aged down in the same way as it was in the predator movies.

Their equipment previously had a very well-worn quality to it, as if it had been through the most dangerous of hunts, & hundreds of years of wear & had come out strong. The armour & equipment in AVP by contrast, was so shiny & new-looking, it looked like it had just rolled off an assembly line, taking away the excellent, almost tribal-hunter style aspect of the previous preds' look & feel. On top of this, their bulk was ridiculous, if you look at them in certain scenes (eg. when celtic is raising his dagger to grid, trapped in the net) they look almost fat. The classic preds had a physique u would much more expect from a hunter. Well-toned & well-muscled, they may not have been very bulky in comparison with the preds from AVP, but they certainly weren't lacking in the power department.

& yes otang, I'm quite enjoying this debate myself, just what the site needs at a time like this, a long, hardy discussion about each others opinions concearning aliens & predators, hopefully this will keep up, & more great debates like this will follow suite.

stalker.jpg

the_doctor, Yautja, 18 years ago

ok my 2 cents on this.......
i agree with otang and stalker's points, Anderson made the preds into what he pictured them as, huge (fat), dumb warriors. how he could possible fathom the idea of the avp preds being superior to the originals is absolute bull. the first preds had style, intelligence and the skill that could only come from blooded warriors. the orginals were able to take out thier prey with stealth and planning rather than the "lets run in fighting" approch the AvP preds took.
the fact that they took more armour, weapons and that there were 3 of them and they still got thier butts kicked, chopper was so foolish no pred would be so stupid to go for the humans. what happened to the skilled hunters? suddenly they all became as smart as a brick.
now we all know Anderson is an alien fan and you can see how much this reflected in the movie.
also with the design of the plasma casters, he basically tried to say they were pieces of @#$# and wanted them bigger. (bigger means better in his world)

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

I couldnt've put it better myself dude. It seemed like anderson had so many problems with the original pred movies that he had to go & change just about everything. He thought the smart disc looked like a frisbee, so he put the shuriken in the film instead. He changed the combistick, he made the wristblades massive, when there was nothing wrong with them in the first place. He changed so many things that the preds were robbed of their "soul" in essence, they felt like foreign creatures compared to the original greats.

The real kick in the teeth though was anderson's altering of the pred's facial features. The classic pred look is like a trademark, a character that is truly rememberable & fascinating. The preds in AVP seemed to have some kind of stupid puppy-dog look on their face. Along with his alterations of their mandibles & jaws, among other things, that is almost the equivalent of changing a countries flag against their will, & many pred fans were extremely unhappy with anderson's new appearance for them.

stalker.jpg

Also, the predators would have most likely focused only on the xenomorphs. After all, they needed to be blooded with the blood of an alien.

Celtic would have been able to see that the alien wasnt doing a death writh, so he would not have swaggered up. Did grid look like he was dying to you?

That was not a rhetorical question. answer.

drenton.jpg

hey chaps, good arguments by all.

i agree with many points as general scit-fi fan myself. hmm i guess my buddy doesnt post. anyways keep it up guys