hyroglphsarenice, Yautja, 18 years ago

srry for waste of space but its to bump down freakos posts

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

Unknown, Yautja, 18 years ago

What about me? I said the same thinks as Stalker. I'll say somthing else again. If that was all the trophies that that clan had, then they would be useless.

drenton.jpg

thank god someone understands,thanks hunter predator and stalker.

Scarface.jpg
[email protected]

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

as far as I know, it was Stan Winston's idea to put the skull in the scene, intended as a *wink* at the comic book series, as long as I ain't getting my timelines mixed up cause I don't remember the year that they started making the AVP comics.

Oh, & Katam, the trophy case was for that predator alone, the proof of this is that you can see him mount King Willie's skull on the mantle. Individual preds would want to show off their individual trophies, if the entire clan's trophies were all in the same case there would be no way for individuals to demonstrate their hunting prowess as there would be no proof of who the trophy was taken by, this could lead to some arrogant hunters bragging about trophies which were taken by one of their brethren. As such, they would have their individual rooms to demonstrate each individual's hunting records. Also, if it were the trophies of the entire clan, I'm sure there would have been a hell of alot more to show for all those centuries of hunts by a band of relentless yautja.

stalker.jpg

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 18 years ago

He made the Preds look bad. In all the games, and comics, Preds slaughtered aliens, the only way they ever died was being out numbered a mill. to one. But watch out! Here comes AvP! ONE ALIEN KILLED TWO PREDS IN A ROW!!! And, Celtic was clearly the leader of that "squad", and the second-in-command did 10x better! Now don't go saying that the reason they did worse than the comic and game preds because they were still becoming men, if you think of it, some game and comic preds were trying to become men. Anderson didn't quite read the preds profiles before he made them die, lol. But if Anderson does make AvP2, he better make the preds MUCH BETTER!!!

638656.jpg
~~~~~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~~~~~FEET FIRST INTO HELL~~~~~BALATU MEMBER~~~~~

yeah i agree with ya there.but i still think avp was horrible.they shoulda used james cameron and steven hopkins for avp.i bet if they did make it,we wouldnt be here complaining how terrible avp was unless the predator won..we'd have angry alien fans..lol jk

Scarface.jpg
[email protected]

Nick_Kang_20, Yautja, 18 years ago

IMO the alien skull in P2 was just to get someone to make AvP but then after watching AvP again I feel that Hohould've cut that out I personally think P2 is the best pred film but AvP was definately the worse not that its that bad but compared to the two franchises AvP is

dingchavez.jpg

I would have loded that. Damned E.T. Thinks his flowers can save him, does he?
*starts mumbeling incoherently*

Bow chicka wow wow. What ever that means.

OTANG, Yautja, 18 years ago

i wouldnt say it was a joke, at least thats not what hopkinz zaid about it. it wasnt even to imply a melding of the franchise either. he commented it was more good addition to the scene. dont be surprised if they woulda put an E.T. skull :)

otang-sig1.gif
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

it was probley a hint to avp

Your Skull will be in my Collection.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 18 years ago

It was a intended as a joke; nothing more.

deathdrop1.jpg

when i frist saw it i thought it was a queen alien skull i told my mom and dad they thought that was really cool.

Your Skull will be in my Collection.

good point drenton. in the scene where the predator places the skull in the trophy room, if u watch the director's commentary, hopkins himself ackknowledged that the alien skull was ment to be shown in that scene, but it was cut out, he didnt say why only later to be shown in the final scene.

otang-sig1.gif
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

black_warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

well they put the skull there on purpose if you watch the special features(disk 2) of predator2 on dvd. or atleast i think i remember them saying that to spark an interest of an avp movie.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

Blooded Of Balatu

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 18 years ago

Old topic.

But yeah, CoRy is right, and Otang, AvP was a good movie, and I liked it, but it still was a sorry excuse for an Alien/Predator film.

The Pred 2 Alien skull was originally just to make it look neat. But Anderson had to look like a Pro. and say, "The alien skull in Predator 2 was supposed to indicate an AvP movie.", Anderson is retarded.

638656.jpg
~~~~~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~~~~~FEET FIRST INTO HELL~~~~~BALATU MEMBER~~~~~

good boy,otang cant stand andreson

"I didnt want the Predators to seem better.." blah blah aliens blah blah i wanted to make an alien movie blah blah aliens are more facinating blah BLAH

Scarface.jpg
[email protected]

I do remember city hunter (We need a new nickname for this guy) placing the voodo skull on the rack in the theatrical version. Also, if the whole clan had only managed to kill that many worthy trophies, then, WHOA! Not much of a hunting clan then, is it?

I dont mean to sound obnixouse, if I do.

Bow chicka wow wow. What ever that means.

stalker ditto.

kat, the bonus material in AvP is filled with nuances that he thought the Xenos were the better species. you dont have to look for it, anderson blabs it out loud several times . all he focuses on were the Xenos.

he claims that the previous two movies were protaganized by Yuatja teenagers and thats bull. both films show Predator's ability and command of the Hunt. the Yautja in AvP were clumsy. after so much training as its implied every where else in Yautja resources, you'd think they would be better but they weren't.

one can easily accept the yautja in the first films were veterans with at least decent expereince in hunting Oomans. the Yautja in AvP wore so much armor, u think all they previously trained with was the Easter Bunny.

he doesnt know what he saying when he claims the others were teens and his were more mature, its obvious. u may think otherwise but thats just u. meanwhile we see factual evidence of his misgivings about the predator.

AvP was good entertainment but comparing the previous films/books, he was dead wrong. i'm not sure if the skulls in the ship were of the city hunter, however, either way it is easy to accept it was, he was much better than the AvP trio

otang-sig1.gifbr>
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

yeah there were many clan members on board but that was the 'city hunter's skull rack and no other's.

Scarface.jpg
[email protected]

i think it was clever 2 have it in there because it startid off the avp film franchise

thers no stoping what cant be stopt
no killing what cant be killed.