The Demons of London: Bloo vs. FireHunter

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The figure stood on the roof of the Big Ben, tail wrapped around the tower as far as it could, clinging to the spire not for dear life, but for a vantage point. All the crowd below could see was a silhouette in front of the brilliant, fiery clouds of a wet dusk. It stared down upon them, appearing tiny from its perch. People pointed and murmured, they had no idea that this was no man peering down upon them, the sheer size did not occur to them, and the tail blended with the black silhouette of the tower.

The rain got heavier, thunder rumbled in the distance.

The downpour didn't faze the monster on the tower as it poured down its body in sheets. A policeman held a metal tube to his mouth and yelled "Do not jump, good man, we have men entering the building as I speak to help you!"

The beast's head turned in the direction of the noise, and the crowd gasped in shock at the shape of its head, a woman fainted. Suddenly, without warning, there was a scream from the bottom of the tower, and a man came tumbling backwards from the doorway.
"Everybody inside is dead! Blood covers every surface! That is no man atop the tower but a devil sent from the deepest depths of hell to watch over this heinous murder!" He screamed, and as he screamed the beast leaped from the tower, a shriek rose from the crowd as the beast fell, and with it the night. The sun dipped below the horizon and everything quickly became dark. It landed with a boom and people fled as they saw the true nature of the figure, which stood tall over them as it swiped away a dozen men in a single strike. The first gunshot punctured the bedlam of screams and horses, and many followed. The pellets ricocheted off of its exoskeleton and into the crowd, by the time the horde of people was gone, corpses littered the ground. A carriage had been overturned, a dead horse lay with its entrails spilled out. The ravens circled.

The enormous black beast raised its claws to the sky and gave a mighty roar, there was a flash of lightning that revealed the carnage around it. And the world was returned to the dark, with only thunder to guide them. The beast ran across the road, smashing through a carriage and disemboweling several horses, and then it vanished into the shadows of the trees, leaving chaos in its wake. FireHunter was prowling London now, fuelled by primal rage, it had risen from the Thames only hours ago, having been carried from its place of birth by the current when it was just a chestburster emerging from the dead predator in the half-submerged drop pod that had carried it here. Now it was fully grown and disoriented, and would kill anything in its path.
------------------------------------------------------

Alright, some things to keep in mind here:
Guns are primitive, they are the single-fire muskets that needed to have the gunpowder poured in between shots. Although I'm sure swords were still in use at this time, though I doubt they would be much of a threat to us.
The Big Ben had only JUST been built, Westminster Cathedral had yet to appear, and a lot of other landmarks also have yet to appear, even the Tower Bridge. The London Bridge is there, but the old medieval bridge, not the current one.
Also keep in mind that cars have yet to be invented, it's still horse and carriage.
Even streetlights have yet to be invented, so everything is very dark for the moment or illuminated by gas lanterns. I've done my research, so let's get it on!

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

News of the lurking devil eventually made it to Bloo in the form of distant screaming. She knew FireHunter’s scent, and being in the same city, this was unmistakable.
         She repeatedly dipped her knuckles in the mud puddles, strolling among the rain outside like a gigantic gorilla. The very subtle splash-splash of her soft pounding into the water coincided with the rain.
         The loose skin around Bloo’s lips gradually stretched to form an unsettling curve. A smile found its way to her face, showcasing the silver teeth used to murder an infinite amount of God’s creatures. This was a very peculiar moment. Whenever she smiled like this – a moment found only after butchering a child of any species and consuming its reproductive appendage – it would accentuate the already frightful smile-like scar that extended the edges of her mouth and stretch it even more. And for reasons no one has ever dared to learn, her face simply stayed frozen like this – like a statue – for weeks unless interrupted.
         I was a truly terrifying sight to behold, if one were so unlucky to witness it.
         Out from between her teeth came the ceaseless cascade of gelatinous saliva, proliferating bountifully into the trademark “drooling” that all Xenomorphs shared. This was the only thing Bloo had in common with the members of her brood. Even her appearance – the way she presented herself, at least – was uncommon, not to mention her extremely unnatural urge to kill her prey rather than collect them for reproduction. Was this the cause of her stiff grimace? Could she actually enjoy murder?
         It was the scent of her brother that had her smiling. She hacked up the heart of a boy she’d just found and crushed it on the ground. The explosion of blood and meat splattering all over her face aroused her. It was so perfect! He was so close…
          I found you.

(OCC: I’m still playing as a Praetorian. I took one of my old posts from the other thread and edited it for the sake of getting this thing started. Nice to see this up again – this spar won’t be brought down by all the baggage of a real RPG.)

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

FireHunter's attention was grabbed by the signature of another Xenomorph. Its dark red head turned slowly in the direction of the pheromones, there were policemen in the way, drenched and pointing shaking rifles at the enormous devil before them. FireHunter flexed its obsidian claws and howled at the men, several cracks split the night and ricocheted from the dark exoskeleton of the beast as it launched itself towards them and quickly flattened the opposition beneath its weight.

The clatter of hooves on the cobbled road caught its attention and its head turned yet again to see several horses bearing more men gallop towards it, again the monster roared and the horses whinnied, stopping in their tracks, eyes rolling. FireHunter turned towards them and began to charge, the horses bolted, throwing the men off their backs in their escape. The other Xenomorph's scent once again caught its attention, and there, lurking in the shadows beyond the dull orange light of the gas lanterns was a Praetorian with an exoskeleton the colour of pale-blue moonlight. Blood spattered the diamond-like shell, illuminating the bloody grin that split the eyeless face.

FireHunter's black, ropey dreadlocks swung about its head as the enormous, flat skull shook, jaws agape the beast began a full sprint at its foe. Black steel met white crystal as the two beasts collided, FireHunter had the slight advantage of size and strength, but Bloo had the upper hand on speed and agility, and rapidly FireHunter's skull was adorned with a series of burning yellow gashes and its foe's tail speared towards its waist, only missing by inches. The Predalien swung out with a hefty blow, catching the Praetorian in the neck and sending her sprawling to the ground, the deep, bass roar of FireHunter reverberated through the air as its own tail lunged forth and skimmed Bloo's leg, the acid melted away at the pavement.

The shouts and cries of policemen could be faintly heard over the din of the brawl, but neither beast was to be distracted yet.