tawganator, Yautja, 13 years ago

My gameplay is very limited so here it is.

Alien trilogy for playstation (the only Alien game I've played)
Predator concrete jungle PS2
AVP Extiction PS2 and AVP2 PC in a close 2nd

Mebber, Yautja, 13 years ago

"Do you mean that they're supposed to be able to kill armed Marines simply by running head first?"

No, of course not. As a marine, you can always nail a xeno's ass if you're see it coming early enough. But until it gets close to a marine, yes, the alien should be able to simply slay one or two marines down- one or two, not a whole squad like in AvP1. For balancing reasons, i'd like if the alien attacks in Avp 2010 would be faster but a bit weaker, so you have to hit the enemy more times.

Let's me explan it from the gameplay-view of a Marine:
AvP1: xeno's are extremely fast, but you're too, so you can outrun them' if you're good.
AvP2: xeno's are even faster, and your only chance to survive is to see the creature early enough so you can kill it before it strikes you down.
AvP3: Xenos are slow, but you're too. Anyway, you can outrun them with sprint. In AvP 2010, as a Marine, i survived many situations even if was surrounded by aliens!

Through this comparement, AvP2 was the best one imo. But the best gameplay-feeling for the alien was still AvP1, because it was darker and more three-dimensional since you had to use wallwalk excessive to proceed through the levels. In the end, it's just a subjective feeling.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

" So stealth based approach for me is still more true to the Aliens."

I'm still talking about stealth, but a different kind of stealth. The fast kind. I've always compared Aliens with ninjas and Predators with the samurai. And ninjas are famous for being able to do a job fast and get out before anyone has the chance to notice. That's how i'm saying Aliens should be. Sure in Alien, the drone was taking its time, but there are many reasons why it could have done that, intelligent as the xenomorph is. It probably knew that the humans were few, that they had nowhere to go and that they didn't know what they were fighting.

"Celebrates" - that's "cerebrates". I don't think Kerrigan controls the Zerg like the Overind did. I think they're more like obedient dogs now. But enough about Starcraft >.>

"AvP1: xeno's are extremely fast, but you're too, so you can outrun them' if you're good.
AvP2: xeno's are even faster, and your only chance to survive is to see the creature early enough so you can kill it before it strikes you down.
AvP3: Xenos are slow, but you're too. Anyway, you can outrun them with sprint. In AvP 2010, as a Marine, i survived many situations even if was surrounded by aliens!"

Oh god no, xenos are most definitely not faster in AvP2 than in AvP1, it takes a lot of work to even get near a good Marine or Predator! And in AvP3, i don't know what kind of xenos you played with, but as far as a human outrunning me with sprint, it's never happened. But you're probably playing from an xbox controller and anything but a keyboard is not meant for games.

First, i have no xbox. In my whole live, i never possesed even a simple gameboy, consoles are nothing to me cause of the controllers. I have probs with a simple joystick, so i played even MechWarrior & FreeSpace with Mouse/Keyboard for example. By the way, using an xbox controller for AvP 2010 is lame cause it activates autoaim.
Second, probably i should note that i'm speaking of the SP mode cause that's the main part of a game for me (i still like the mp in some games, like AvP, but for me its just a "plus").

Okay, you're right about the effective speed by the AvP 1/2 aliens, but the "felt" speed of the aliens (from a marines view) is much higher in AvP2, just because in AvP1 you're extremely fast even as marine since the whole game is very fast (much faster then AvP2). And AvP2 is the only game i never managed to outrun the xenos as a marine. I understand your disagreement about AvP1, but AvP3? The alien bots are slow like hell, probably because of their ai. They're good in dodging, but very bad in attacking. I mean they move fast sometimes, but if you turn around and sprint around a few corners to get a better position, they're simply not fast enough to catch you before you're ready to nail them again. Remember, i'm speaking of SP, in MP good alien players can use the alien's own sprint ability very effective. But their slow attack speed is still my major point about the AvP3 aliens. In the needed time to kill a human in AvP3 (provided that every slash hits and the enemy isn't blocking) you could have killed 4 humans in AvP1 and two humans in AvP2 (the numbers are just approximations to point what i mean).

Oh, well if you're talking about singleplayer and from a different creature's perspective then yes, i guess it's kinda true. I've only finished AvP1 with the marine once, i'm still too scared to try it again. AvP2 however i found pretty easy to finish with any of them... And about AvP3 alien bots, you're completely right, i was playing as the predator and all i had to do was jump over them.

cleticyautja, Yautja, 13 years ago

the predator feels a bit underpowered in multiplayer for me but its my fav species in campaign.

Marines can survive close quaters with and alien or pred,all u hav to do it master the blocking and countering as a marine then aliens would seem quite easy and for the predator unless it uses one of its weapons.

Rarely has a predator or a marine survived an encounter with me, all you have to do is master key binding and taking other men from behind.

cleticyautja, Yautja, 13 years ago

Reason why my backs always to the wall most of the time.
i rarly attempt stealth kills,everytime i try i get killed.
Playing as the alien is quite hard for me but they are quite easy to kill

I hate stealth kills in mp since they make lot players to become simple "e"-spammers (assumed they're using standard control). I love to play marine and hate to be a pred, even if many players think of the preds as the most powerful species and marines as the weakest in mp.

But alien is a lot of fun and, sadly, stealth-kills guarantees a lot of earned xp even if you probably die after a stealthkill. I earn less xp as a marine with 30+ frags and just a little deaths in DM then with 15 alien stealthkills and many deaths. I don't care about ranks, but i like achievements.

As a marine i like a lil' game where you notice some ghost readings on your motion tracker, almost out of the trackers direction, since in many cases it is a xeno-player who waits for a chance for a nice from-behind kill. Since you know xeno's can look through walls, even cognize your direction of view, it is very funny to move on like you haven't noticed the ghost reading and abruptly turning around. Quite often i nabbed a xeno expecting easy prey- until i nailed it.

but this is somehow going off-topic, if we're attempt to keep talking about the mp part of AvP 2010 we probably should open a new thread.

By the way, i'm a bit surprised you're playing AvP3 online DW since i thought you own a pirated version of that game, didn't you said "romanians don't buy software"?

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

Didn't I open such a topic ? mmm
Or was on the clan forum anyway let's open the thread mebber ?

AVP2 still not working on my PC :'(

Scarfacedwolf, Yautja, 13 years ago

btw, if you guys wanna play AVP with me on the 360, my tag is ReaperKingFinal.

Dragous, Yautja, 13 years ago

sorry i have to toy with some other player that i found on the PS3 on a other note i Don't own a Xbox or the 360

the game don't tell if the player is good it is the user that determents that.

I could join you but my internet is dead since we have unlimited downloads

my cousins gets home from school together with me so he downloads just when I get the chance to play and i Have 3 sec handicap to all the other players so it isen't fun anymore till I get some good connection :D

Dragous, Yautja, 13 years ago

don't matter as long u have fun

So scarface I will join you to my friends. My gamertag is the same as my name but there might be small differences like 1 "L" or 2 "LL" anyway I will ask U

Scarfacedwolf, Yautja, 13 years ago

Just added you, Shadow. Thnx!

:D np Your the first friend who plays AVP
but I haven't played in ages so I should play again to regain my former awesomness :D

aikonen, Yautja, 13 years ago

AVP 2 no fake, no fake!