krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

But being an evil physchopath, just fits with my RPG style. I can't be a hero, or right doer, ir world ruler stuff.

The physcopath thing suits me. So if my predator is supposed to be played by me, expect a pshycotic maniac.

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I like this idea, I'd like to see what being a Predator or human is like in this situation. I reckon playing a synthetic would be like playing a Xenomorph that can actually talk.

Think about it, no emotions, nothing other than what they are programmed to do. Except that a synthetic can hold friendly interaction with a human.

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 10 years ago

I would love to do this, while I haven't been on long, I have mostly recovered and am back to writing shape and should be working on a new post soon for PoN

HunkGenetic, Yautja, 10 years ago

This rpg is so that

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

Krio the world isn't so black and white, I think you've misunderstood what makes RPG's so great. There is no main character, Nobody is the big bad wolf, Nobody is Superman and sure as fuck nobody is Lois Lane. If there was then our RPG's would be just as boring as your average popcorn flick. Mixing up the races was to force you to write for a different angle, Rather than being the sly and sneaky alien who slowly stalks its pretty you're the Marine Medic who just wants to help people. Rather than being the tall and agile hunter you're a mindless death machine that hunts out of instinct.

The dullest thing in the world is seeing everyone try to be the Anti-hero. It's actually more interesting to a reader to see something that could be real. Something with flaws and depth, But yet is so alien to us that it's interesting. Something so human, And yet so inhuman at the same time. It's very hard to do, But when you do it's a feast to the mind.

I'm no authority on RPG's or writing. But please just write something people would want to read, Not the cool edge character you want people to think you are.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

ON ONE HAND, the entire point of an RPG shuffle is be someone that you're not. It's a "fun" writing prompt. You're mixing it up to see if you like your new writing style more than your current one - or if not for that, you're doing it just for the hell of it, because mixing things up is always cool.

On the other, it's not illegal to keep the same basic personality and no one's forcing you to participate.

But it's like being the guy who brings a cake to a pie convention. It's not illegal, but Cake-Con was last week, dude - what the fuck are you doing?

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

Good point, No one's going to stop you.

badapple24, Yautja, 10 years ago

I do see a problem... If (This is a big if) People like being for example a predator. Then mabye they might leave their current clan for the other species clan. This is more than likely to happen to the new people on this site. Not the moderators or leaders or stuff like that

Peterson, Yautja, 10 years ago

Well thats all clearly stated in the rules, if you randomly change and throw clan requests around then guess what nobody is goign to let you in their clan. but i dont for see that problem happening at all. THe only real people here that participate in the mainboard rpgs have been here long enough to know and understand the rules.

That's only happened once (with P13) as far as SS is concerned, and I don't mind at all because he was being a good sport about it. People like him are always welcome back if they truly want to come (and STAY) back.

Edit: Twice if you count DW, but I'm not sure what happened since I myself was actually gone from the site for about a year (which is impossible to believe, I know).

ThePredator13, Yautja, 10 years ago

I was never in the Shadow Serpents Bloo my friend. I was offered by AX and BA, but didn't join though I considered it heavily. (Might be confused here)

Oh, wait... shit, I think you're right.

Either way though, that dude's always welcome back. Unless it was alienxeno.

Then...

Nah.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

What happened with me was that I left the Shadow Serpents after being pretty much the only active member for a rather long time. Then I got DBO, but every pred mod (except DD who is more like an actual person) was like "hurr fuck hybrids, we aristocracy here, only inactive clans allowed in RPGs" and then they made Peterson mod, which I still think was the worst decision in the history of the forum, so I kinda gave up and left for a year or so. Then came back because I was getting bored and then I asked to join the Shadow Serpents again.

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

^ I get the feelings you and the mods didn't like each other alot.

Anyway, I doubt any member worth having would abandon their clan. (Not saying people that clan hop are worthless, but well- y'know.)