mcfarlane vs hot toys

Celtec-Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

in my opinion mcfarlanes are better,thay are more movable and more detaild
whats ur opinion

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hot toys.. =/ I used to have Scar from both companies and the one from HT was better. The wristblades of the McFarlane Scar broke off when it fell 5 inches onto a pillow. lol.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

There is no question in my mind that the Hot Toys figures are far superior to the McFarlane figures in every way (although they are also unfortunately very expensive).

I will give a direct side by side comparison of similar figures from the different brands:

McFarlane Predator 2 "The Hunter" figure
Hot Toys 14" Predator 2 figure

McFarlane 12" Grid Alien
Hot Toys 16" Grid Alien

McFarlane 12" Scar Predator
Hot Toys 14" Scar Predator

You can be the judge for yourself, but it's quite obvious to me that the Hot Toys figures are far more detailed & better looking.

um.. upicked the worst pics to compare

the reason i think mcfarlans are better is that the hot toys are more smooth and mcfarlanes are more rough

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

What do you mean, those are very acceptable photos. The only reason I prefer McFarlane's is because they're cheaper and that's it. Believe me when I say this, if they were the same price, the only McFarlane's figures I'd have is the McFarlane's exclusives I have, such as Spawn and the Violator III.

cutm3up, Undefined, 16 years ago

haha, mcfarlene i think are better, though i havent personally held a hot toys version, mcfarlene are far more detailed and ridged, whereas hot toys are the kind of toy a 3 year old could smash together calling them action men

hot toys paint job on the predator and alien are horrible
compare this
http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k264/tSPAWNt/?action=view¤t=0crappy.jpg

if hot toys were to make a better paint job and make them more rough they would be good
(please dont hate me just because of this)

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Noone will hate you because of your opinion, its only what you think also, others wont hate you if they think otherwise.

Back to the topic i dont know which i prefer, i have only seen Mcfarlane, but then again i may have seen Hot Toys before.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

I have no idea how you can criticize Hot Toys' paint scheme when the McFarlane paint jobs look as bad as they do. When you actually see their figures up close, they don't look quite so nice as in the pictures you see on the net, they look dark & dull in reality, & in many cases are uneven, as with a Celtic figure I bought a couple of years ago, not only was much of the paintwork terrible, but the figure itself was also pathetically fragile, it fell off a chest about 2 feet from the ground & the plasmacaster mount snapped in half.

The Hot Toys figures are also less "smooth" than the McFarlane ones to create a sense of realistic texture, such as the tough metal on a predator's mask & armour. The McFarlane figures are decent in their own right, but are for the most part merely small & cheap, wheras the Hot Toys figures are massive & far more detailed, although their only real downfall in my opinion is the price.

Everyone has their own opinion I suppose, but from my point of view, the only advantage McFarlane has is that its figures don't cost an arm & a leg.

i put mcfarlan and hot toys predator 2 together and the mcfarlans are smaller which gives a better detail and the bigger ones are alot more better...
what u have to do is buy both of them and put them together,
hot toys are good but in my opinion nat as good as mcfarlans

I actually think putting smaller details on a bigger product is easier than straining your eyes to put it on a small one.

HEY CHECK OUT MY NEW SITE
http://avpcelticpredator.wetpaint.com/

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

That was really random and off-topic...

yea but i need publicity(did i spell that right)
the reason that i dont like hot toys is because the heads are too big and paint

I think according to Stalk the heads are bigger because the whole thing is bigger.

its"TOO" big

I dunno what you're talking about Celtic-predator, I've had Scar from both companies and the HT one looked better.. plus the HT one didn't brake when it fell two feet from the ground.. but that's probably because Mcfarlane's is smaller..

I have an old(i guess) kind of pred that i talked about putting clay on some time ago. Anyway i dont know how big it is but it fell about 6 foot from a shelf that is taller than i am and didnt break a thing. The figure couldnt be more than 7 inches.

Do you think it is the size of the toy that tells how well its hold up against a hard surface?

It's probably the material, a plastic cup wouldn't break if it fell 6 ft. but that glassy stuff that the Mcfarlane wristblades are made of would.