Engineer(Mala'kak) vs Pretators (Yatjua)

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

This is self explanitory. Who is superior?

Voltage-3000, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

well we know nothing of engineer, he is larger and probably could beat up a predator with bare hands

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'm gonna say the Engineer would win. We've already seen how strong they are so I think an Engineer could easily kill a Predator.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

It's kind of like a triangle.

Engineers have shinier tech than Predators, who hunt Aliens, who the Engineers are afraid of.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^Well that sums everything up

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

My personal opinion is that even though the Pedators are strong, brute force like theirs does nothing to the Engenieer's superior tech. The press are good a destroying primitive races, but Mala'kak can create life. The predators would be outgunned.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I think that the Yautja have more of a "Killer instinct"

I mean despite there size, Space jockeys are clearly men of science. They may have brute force, But Predators have the combat smarts to bring them down.

That is WITHOUT tech of course, With Tech the predators would still win.

My reasoning behind this is because Xenomorphs ARE a space jockey weapon. And Predators hunt Xeno's all the time. They base there entire society on the act of beating the shit out of Engineer weapons. So if i were to choose, I would say a Predator has a better chance of winning

krio, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

It depends:hunt or extermination?

In hunt one predator hunts one engineer.xenos are engineer weapons and predators kill xenos.really predators kill engineer weaponry means predators kill engineers because brute force is not enough to kill a predator.all predators died because of smart thinking or outnumbering.not brute force.

Hunt:preds win

In extermination it is millions of preds making was with engineers.engineers never used anything then bio weapons and ships in the movies while predators got war ships, all weapons they use, brute force (like engineers), and as seen in comics,wich (sadly enough) are non canon,they used xenos as overkill hunting dogs.something a jockey is scared off.jockeys would run for xenos,die from tech,and beat up from big wrist blades.and if the predators would lose then they would drop the self destruct device and blow all engineers to dust.then there is the fact that not all predators are at rhe same place when the battle starts.some preds would be in back up so when the bomb blows,some are alive.also,humans can survive the nuke so preds can too.

Extermination:preds win

gamefreak33797, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

It all depends on your point of view, from Tech, it is def Space Jockeys, then from brute force it is Engineers again, from what I have seen. Then there is the topic of Xenos being the SJ's weapons, while that is a valid point that Predators hunt them you have to think, they always hunt them before they can establish a great hive, which can take years, then the Predators come in with three of them against like 12 of the Xenos.

Anyways, before I get off topic, you have to remember that we have only seen one facility, one SP, only seen it when it had left Cryo(?) sleep, it could still have been weak, we don't know. Then there is fact that we don't actually know if Xeno's are a weapon, they could just be used as something of a pesticide originally, or a terraforming project gone wrong. We don't know, we may never know.

Back to he topic, again, so what do we know:

Predators:

Advanced Tech
Strong
Hunt Xenos
Teamwork

Space Jockeys:

Extremely Advanced tech, unkown what the limits are.
Created Xenos, who knows why.
Extremely strong, who knows how strong.

My conclusion: Space Jockeys win.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Honestly, the Engineers are enormous and possibly much stronger than the Predators, but the Predators would have agility on their side. As for Tech, have you seen the thrusters on the Space Jockey ships? Me neither, who knows what they're capable of? The Xenomorphs might not be an Engineer creation, but, as I've mentioned in previous threads, they might be an object of worship to the Engineers (Hence the architecture looking like the Xenomorph exoskeleton, carrying them in spaceships to possibly infect other worlds, etc.)

Either way, the answer to me is totally dependent on scenario and surroundings.

Preda can also jump in trees.the engineers would'nt catch them.i also don't think the engineers are fighters.more like....creative creatures.preds drop the bomb and they will die.and if a human could,then he would kill the jockey with smart thinkin.this is what preds are known for!smart thinking!its like putting samus against master chief.she is way more advanced.but master chief wins in the end.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^How do you know Engineers can't jump in trees?

gamefreak33797, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

@Krio

We also don't know how the Space Jockeys think, they could all have a telekinetic link that lets them work like a team of the gods, or they could all suck at teamwork, we don't know. So for now lets just go by the facts.

In facts the preds would always win....for what we know now....maybe when prometheus 2 comes out then i will see.

charungandhi, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

1)The Predators are visiting the Earth and taught us how to build the pyramids and stuff (AVP Franchise)
2)The Engineers were also visiting the Earth (Prometheus)
3)At some point the Engineers and the Predators clashed (war is what we like so we will take it in that way). There are references of Engineers mask in Predator’s trophy collection.
4)The Predators gained upper hand in the Star systems nearer to Earth that has life. Or their Prime Planet might be very near to Earth and they can quickly project their supremacy on Earth than Engineers.
5)The Engineers studied the Predator DNAs and other sentient species DNAs and developed the Aliens to counter the Predators.
6)The Engineers predicted that the predators might take advantage of Human DNA which is same as Engineers DNA and might use it against them.
So the Engineers Strategically wanted to depopulate the Earth (Exterminate the Humans) and replace it with Aliens so that the predators will be having tough time with Aliens.
7)But the Engineers at that time seem to be having no control of any form on the aliens and it was an experiment gone out of hands and that is how alien is unleashed.
8)Predators also don’t want to destroy the Earth as they might need Humans as a way to study and gain upper hand over Engineers. Predators will always try to make us evolve more to reach as much near to Engineer’s standards to make a better game for predators.

TheScarPredator, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

My opinion may be slightly buased for predators, but i know this; predators are faster an can cloak, along with the fact that they have superior armaments. BUT, engineers are stronger and smarter, and can fling a human with ease. My opinion is that it will depend. One on one goes to predator due to the self destruct. Predators always win one on one because of that. For a large team of engineers and predators, i am incluned for preds but we do not know much about engineers; it is anyone's guess.

My opinion may be slightly buased for predators, but i know this; predators are faster an can cloak, along with the fact that they have superior armaments. BUT, engineers are stronger and smarter, and can fling a human with ease. My opinion is that it will depend. One on one goes to predator due to the self destruct. Predators always win one on one because of that. For a large team of engineers and predators, i am incluned for preds but we do not know much about engineers; it is anyone's guess.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

^ Dude, you triple posted in a dead thread :P

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Wtf this died and should remain dead it was stupid.