AVP and AVPR

Predalien_Claw, Undefined, 16 years ago

I find that AVP was a good movie despite what ppl have been saying, I like how anderson gave us a history lesson to how this ritual all started. He basically told us how this is all related to eachother. The only thing that i didn't like was the fact that it was pg-13 and lack of action.

AVPR in the other hand had alot of action and was rated R. The thing is that to me we didn't get an in depth look at the characters as the first one and there is no queen alien.

To me it's funny how ppl criticize on what the movie lacks then when they come out of a sequel they fix the problem from the first movie, but create other holes that wasn't a problem with the first movie.

Anyways this is a short and brief comparison of what i think about both movies.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

To be honest, the characters in Requiem were more interesting to me than those in the original AVP, mainly because of the absolutely terrible actors in the first film. While the acting itself may not have been Oscar material in Requiem, the actors themselves portrayed more interesting characters than in the first movie. A few exceptions were the teenage characters, which I found completely uninteresting, & in my personal opinion had no real part in the film.

As far as the action scenes go, the first minute of Requiem is more satisfying than any fight scene in the entire first movie. Just the predator POV shots of the predalien ravaging the ship alone were excellent. The DVD release, according to Colin Strause, will contain an additional 10 minutes or so of extra footage, including some more character back-story & an extended battle on the predator ship at the beginning, I honestly can't wait for it.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

That my thoughts also.

I was actually able to get into the story in AvPR. I did not mind the teenagers at all. I loved the story. There wasn't much that bothered me about the movie. I loved the setting, characters and most importantly the creatures.

the_doctor, Undefined, 16 years ago

i agree with the above, i also agree that AvP did have strong points such as the background of the two creatures relations but thats not what the film is about. ive said it before and ill say it again the point of both films is to show us an alien fight a predator. AvP failed in this area, the fights were terrible and there is only...what..three of them.

AvP-R comes through in the films fundamental concept. after all who cares about humans in a vs. movie?

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

Really.

And this movie even got me to get into the characters when its just a verse movie.. it feels so much more than a verse movie to me.

Broken_Tusk, Undefined, 16 years ago

AvPR accomplished what the first one failed miserably in. It gave us an incredibly entertaining battle movie of our beloved franchises. Like someone earlier said its a versus movie and we wanted to see aliens battling it out with predator/s, in this film thats what we got. Screw the human characters I could care less about their relationship to each other, frankly i wouldn't mind seeing them all murdered. We got new weapons, a bad a** pred, and a bunch of aliens doing what they do best.

If they make another I would like to see it in space in the future and something along the lines of a predator clan battling a hive or something. I want to see multiple blooded warriors hunting alot of hard meat.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

I almost never like teenage characters in horror and/or sci-fi movies, even if they're the main cast. But anyway, Reqiuem delievered something that AVP failed to give us: action. And that is one of many reasons why AVP is worse than its successor.

Since I'm tired and I don't want to repeatanything else that's already here, I'll just say that I agree with mostly everything that's already been said.

Paper_Cutout, Undefined, 15 years ago

The reason AVP-R is better than AVP is the exactly what the DVD box says:
"More Blood, More Guts, More Gore"
It's a simple fact, these creatures were designed for Horror movies not PG-13 movies and AVP-R is just that, A Horror Movie.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

No, also better alien and predator designs, more weapons, cooler kills and that's about all i can think of...