TDN, Yautja, 14 years ago

Slip of a finger, usually. I'm not a very patient person, and so I get annoyed when I have to hold a button down for long. That and the more you hold it, the more loose your hands become and a slight release will cause you to fall straight down.

What I will wish for is that they have some kind of wall-walk toggle (turning in on-off).

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

I don't know, my pinky feels just fine on the Ctrl button, i can keep it there for hours and not even notice... But yea, a toogle would pretty much solve both problems.

delta-boy, Yautja, 14 years ago

Also, turn of VSync!

You know, i kinda got bored of it, because after winning a match against 2 preds and 2 marines at a score of 25 kills, the highest below me being a predator with 9 kills, it kinda feels like the game is too easy... I like that it's dinamic and everything, quick kill, move on, but without free jumping and wallwalking it just feels like i'm not really doing anything.

It's a demo man. The only thing for you to do here is deathmatch, 8 players and in the same bloody map over and over again. So of course it's going to get boring after a while. Wait until the real game comes out. There'll be the Solo Campaigns, Co-op survival, and 5 more multiplayer modes to try. And there'll be more maps as well.

And I think you're just not playing with good players, cause rarely do I see that kind of dominance from any race.

Yea, i don't mind the same bloody map, i don't mind the death match... i do mind the small number of players, but what i mind mostly is the controls. It's too easy to win without wallwalking and that concerns me a bit.

But yea, i don't know, either i've been playing alien for too long or the other classes are just much harder to play, because whenever i'm the only alien and it's a fair deathmatch, i win. Sometimes when there are other aliens they get ahead of me. And as i've said Alien is the hardest to beat for me...

Personally for me, I find Aliens to be the easier opponent if the enemy players are of the same skill level. Predators and Marines have to chance to shoot you down before you can get close (if they're attentive), while Aliens can do no such thing. And when I get close and it becomes a meele battle, it becomes alot easier for me.

It's true that when there alot of other Alien players, they tend to dominate but I always think that's more because of the number, so the good player just happen to be one of those Aliens.

Well that's wrong. Aliens are simply too fast for a single marine and sometimes for a predator too. I can even kill one of two marines when they're teaming up before the other downs me. I can almost outrun bullets most of the time. It's not the numbers, it's just the speed of the sprint. I mean i can get from one side of the corridor to the other before the marine even gets to aim. Maybe mouse sensitivity has something to do with this, i don't know, i play at 7.8 sensitivity in AvP3, but maybe other players didn't bother to set it... In any case, i conclude that why i am able to dominate like that is because as an alien i can get to them too fast kill them before they get a chance to kill eachother. I'm not saying i'm that good, i'm saying they should work on making the wallwalking better and lower the speed or something, because like this, the alien is pretty OP.

Trust me, after AVP2 where the Aliens was basically only slightly faster than a Predator and with no way of getting in close except with a pounce that can easily miss, this game's increase in speed is a welcome change.

And I completely disagree about the Alien being OP, or any race being OP. I've seen equal amounts of dominance from all 3 races. Hell, once I was even in a game where the top player was 1 Pred, 1 Marine, 1 Alien with a close number of kills. This sort of thing never happened back in AVP2.

I don't know, from what AvP2 i've played in multiplayer, it seemed pretty equal... I rarely got to morph into a queen for example. In this one i'd be a queen 24/7. I played Runner in AvP2 and it always seemed just fast enough. I still remember fondly how in AvP1 you could just splash through everything until you met a smart disk... Now THAT was an easy game. Well until you met a smart disk. I hope AvP3 will have a Derelict map. If not, someone will have to make one.

One thing i'm really gonna miss is the headbites. There's nothing more satisfying when you're an alien than to get a headbite... But oh well...

Headbites still exist, just only in trophy kill form (either behind or on a knocked down enemy). But I agree, I wish they could've let us do it whenever we wanted, I mean they do have an unused button for Aliens.

Another thing that i hope won't be happening in the retail game is the autotargetting. I mean i press the right click let it run after the target until it's in a good position to hit him??? Wtf?

Voltage-3000, Yautja, 14 years ago

i played it i find the humans to be everyones bitch though maybe they should up the stregnth on them but its a pretty good, im winning alot controls are easy to adapt t.

a sure buy for me

Dathwraith: Ahem, Console port. That is all.

But seriously, like I said, this is to compensate for people who play on the consoles, where the aim isn't as smooth or precise. Which is am problem especially for meele based races like the Aliens and a bit for the Predators as well. Although I didn't exactly get what you were trying to say with the right click thing.

Voltage: It could seem like that but I'm pretty sure that's because you haven't seen many good Marine players. The ones that are good can easily win a match just like the other 2 races can. Once again, I believe this game's balanced as it is.

What i meant with the right click thing is that when i have my alien crosshair on an enemy, if it's close enough to be hit by the tail but is moving around too fast and would normally dodge it, then the alien will turn around on its own with the crosshair fixed on the enemy and from then on i can let it follow on its own, because if the enemy will walk backwards he'll me slow enough to be followed by the alien until he gets hit by the tail, i don't know how to explain it otherwise.

And about humans being weak, saysell says he wins as human a lot, but there were no humans winning while i played, i don't know. And if you ever wanna pull the numbers arguement on aliens again, you should think that this is a deathmatch and at least on the PC version, we aliens kill eachother like there's no tomorrow. I don't know, if humans wanna group up like idiots like i've seen them do, in the hope that no one will kill them and that way they either still get killed or no one attacks them and they don't get any kills...

You know it's kind of funny how our situations have been reversed. Remember when this topic started and we were both just starting to play the demo, I was the one who said that I felt Marines got the shaft and you said that Marines were actually good? Now after a couple of games where I've seen Marines dominating (and without help from other Marines), I've been doubting that decision. I've just came to the conclusion that I suck at playing Marines that's all. I don't know why you changed your opinion on them though.

I haven't changed my opinions on Marines, i think they're the only well optimized of the three classes. I just think Aliens and predators are a bit overpowered now.

You probably think so because you're seeing alot of close quarter combat, which is understandable since you are an Alien player. And this is where you will see most Marines fail. They're just not made to fight hand to hand. The point of Marines is to shoot the others dead before they get close. If you see any Marines that let Alien or Predator get close to them, then they're not very good. So I still believe it's the players not the race itself.

Unless you have other reasons beside meele combat that makes you think Alien and Predator are OP.

Well i don't really see any way that a marine can aim faster than the alien moves in this game or faster than the smart disk or the plasmacaster can take its head off. But really, if you think about it, it's gonna be a really great experience with the marine in singleplayer and at least from that perspective the marine gameplay is well made.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 14 years ago

in the demo on xbox 360 i was an Alien and 9/10 of the battles with marines i win cause i just slap them 1 time so the are a bit disorientad(don't now how to spell it :p) and then i use my strong attack wich is the tail attack and then they are dead.

But i met a marine who defended against my slap and smashed me on the ground and shot me through the head.

I thought finally ... a worthy opponent :D

So i also think it depends on the player. But if you do not play with a certain race too much you will suck with that race in time like me with the marines :D.