Alien: Covernant Trailer link

tawganator, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

ALIEN: Covenant Red Band Trailer (2017)
https://youtu.be/Cq2f9BmjfoU

I am so fucking happy that this is happening. I loved what I saw from the trailer but I worry that too much has been shown. Though being the 5th, 6th or 9th "alien" film it's not like we don't the know the basics of what to expect which is what they have shown.

Your thoughts?

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

You beat me to posting this! I think it looks very action oriented. Maybe more Aliens/Prometheus based. I'll obviously be seeing it in cinema but it looks like it's just the first Alien with a Prometheus look and some explotions.

Who knows! Let's see what gets released trailer wise over the coming few days.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

Looks like I MAY have to see this one. Get it? MAY. 19.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

I'm dragging my boyfriend to see this for sure.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

looks crazy good definately spending the money for theaters haha

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

Jesus FUCK I love the look of the xeno in this.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

People say the trailer shows too much, but that was perfect. I already know there's gonna be a xeno in it; no need to hide it from me.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

But that's what makes the newer movies shite. You don't experience them WITH the characters, you already know what's coming. You're just like "ooooh they're gonna be so surprised when they get eviscerated" instead of being like "I don't know what's gonna happen to be quite honest."

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

Oh I agree. That said--and this is absolutely giving them way too much credit--I'm optimistic that they know that and have chosen to reveal what they did because there's some sophisticated plot we don't know and couldn't possibly piece together from the trailer, and so revealing what they do is of no consequence to the enjoyment of the actual film. The whole thing is of course just an excuse for an "Alien fucks it up again" movie, but I really want to believe that Ridley Scott isn't just making this shit just because he can.

Granted, you can argue the same for Prometheus (which I still like more than I dislike), especially because (1) its trailer is a hype machine that doesn't actually reveal anything except "Alien fucks it up again," same as Alien: Covenant, and (2) Scott was probably 100% passionate about Prometheus and fully believed he was making something amazing--again, same as Covenant--but I'm hoping he's really learned from his past failures. It's hard to tell with him because his last two films were The Martian and Exodus: Gods and Kings, which are so far away from each other in terms of quality that you'd think he's just releasing shit under his name and hasn't actually directed anything since Robin Hood.